PDA

View Full Version : Stump Jumpers! Glenlyon Dam

PIE GUTS
31-10-2007, 06:30 AM
I am planning on going to Glenlyon Dam this weekend as I have heard the Cod a biting. I intend to troll some Stump Jumpers and some tn60 Jackalls for Yellow belly. I was just wondering what the ideal trolling speed is and how far back they should be. I was guessing 30 - 40 feet behind would be the go but I am open for suggestions.

bdowdy
31-10-2007, 07:36 AM
spot on should grab some spinnerbaits in purple and black and slow roll them threw the trees for the cod, dropped anice one there the other day doing this, if you need any help pm me . hope you do well let me know..ps try yabbys or shrimp under the treees if the fishing with lures is quiet. cheers bdowdy....brett

PIE GUTS
31-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Have fished at the dam before and usually make a killing on Yellowbelly by bobbing (very old school but very affective), 10 - 12 feet of line with a live yabby and they go off, Have been there and caught bag limit by lunch and have just had to sit around or troll for cod.

Langey
31-10-2007, 03:42 PM
mmmmm.cod cant resist a slow rolled spinnerbait.have had great success on them at cooby and rivers.;D

rossco
01-11-2007, 05:28 AM
Keep your lure in about 10 foot of water and you can't go wrong.

rossco

bdowdy
02-11-2007, 03:14 PM
fished today and got afew yellas casting jackellsfrom the bank, few cod caught using spinnerbaits in the trees around the 30 lb mark nice fish. cheers bdowdy... brett