PDA

View Full Version : New Boat Arrived

Ryan.S
30-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Went to the dealer today to see how long untill they expect the arrival of my new boat and there it was:o . Just have to wait untill tuesday for them to fit all electronics etc:-/ . It has been a long 5 weeks without a boat. But its soon to be over. Just hope those Northerlys leave us alone soon>:( . Anyway, here she is.

Timmy94
30-10-2007, 08:19 PM
What motor? Nice looking boat btw

boogsboat
30-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Hi Ryan

Iam waiting for my new boat too. Hopefully I will be heading to the dealer this weekend to go through the fitout with them before they put it all together for me. I have ordered a 5m Brooker Centre Console and apparantley it will be the first black boat out of the factory. Their colour range is pretty limited white or blue so I was happy when they gave me black. It was a something that was a deal breaker for me. I think the black boats look great.

Anyway what motor have you gone for and any other bits and pieces that were not part of the package. I have a yammie 60 4st going on mine and most of the electrics including lights and bilge pump etc.

Mate you must be excited I can't wait and I haven't even seen my boat. I think I am going to loose my sh@! when they finally ring me and tell me she is in.

Good luck

Nathan

jman2016
30-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Nice choice!

great minds think alike!

Timmy94
31-10-2007, 04:53 PM
BoogsBoat - I like black coloured boats but how hard are they to see for rescue groups and helicopters etc. Thats the only reason i will never get a black boat they are so hard to see.

Dunco
31-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Nice boat Ryan. I don't think black will be a problem. If your upside down most of the side board is under anyway.

Ryan.S
31-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Yeah cant wait! put a 40 yammy on it timmy94. I thought the same about getting a black boat to, but after talking to some people i decided to go with it. Looks great too, i reckon. Got all the important extra like sounder upgrade, vhf, 70lt under floor fuel tank etc. Dunco hopefully i never get to experience what it looks like upside down!

Ryan.S
31-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Hey jman2016, have you got the new boat yet? how does it perform? I looked around at about four diferent breeds and think stacer was the go. Surprised the quintrex of the same species is about 18cm smaller accross the beam. Looks alot smaller to. Countin down the days!

jman2016
01-11-2007, 12:58 AM
yes, have taken it out 4 times now.

1 fresh water run, 3 salt. The boat is incredibly stable.

I wanted red, mrs wanted black or blue.

I went crazy trying to find a boat, drove me mental! I was going to order but I couldn't go past this deal offered in Sydney. Saved mucho denero $$$.

Customer ordered it and backed out at the last minute. dealer went halves in the freight to Central Queensland. ;D

There a couple of small things (nit picking really) I am not happy with but enjoy first, bitch later!

boogsboat
01-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Hey Timmy,

I to had concerns about colour, Really wanted a fluoro green but they wouldn't do that for me however from the top the boat is white. It is only the sides that are black. I also spoke to a bloke who flies over my local area and said that all the boats stand out and it shouldn't be a drama especially with new digital epirbs.

Nathan

cletus
01-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Fingers crossed boogs, mates brooker is only 3 weeks late he has been waiting since the bris boat show.

boogsboat
01-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Hey Cletus,

I am only 5 weeks in to my 6 week delivery. my boat was started two weeks ago and so far they have been able to keep me posted with whats going on. Apparently it is one of the last 5m hulls being built this year as they have so many orders in for other boats. So if your mate has ordered a 5m it should be nearing completion if this is to be believed.

Nathan

Hookin
02-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Nice rig ...
I just picked up my new 519 Easyrider w/ 115 Merc 4s on Tuesday ;D ... Man that was the longest 8 weeks of my life.

Had her fitted with all the fruit, upgraded sounder/GPS to Navman 6500 track fish with 7200 VHF with track buddy, stereo, bait board/ski pole has all the mercury smartcraft biz'o running through the Navman too.

Just need to get the engineering degree to learn how to use it all.

I too went with black paint, these boats certainly give an awesome look in black, hope you get as much enoyment as I am.

Good luck in getting her fitted out and on the water, if money ain't too much of a problem go the extras, there's nothing worse than constant trips back to the dealer to get little things added and changed when all ya wanna do is get on the water.

jman2016
02-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Nice rig ...
I just picked up my new 519 Easyrider w/ 115 Merc 4s on Tuesday ;D ... Man that was the longest 8 weeks of my life.

Pic's please Hookin'. Have you had a test run yet?

Hookin
05-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Will try and get some pics posted soon, just tryin to sort the digi camera, been having a few problems with it, keep an eye out will try and get em on soon.

We have only managed to clock up almost 4 hours over 3 outings so you could imagine the excitment is still bloody strong.

All is going well no faults or dramas yet ... except a couple of minor things like the motor transit cover we got needs another hole to allow use of the leg support brace when on the trailer and the dealer's tech guys were not aware of the Navman track buddy functions and didn't connect it or the smartcraft up, but have promised they will sort it.

Really love the ride, a lot smoother than I thought it would be, certainly glad we went the 4 stroke 115 too, very quiet and trolls suprisingly slow for a bigger engine.