PDA

View Full Version : Any scallop recipes?

Bully boy
28-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Would love to hear of some scallop recipes besides the basic batter way. BBQ ones would be great as summer is just about here.Cheers

blaze
28-10-2007, 04:57 PM
come up a trear when curried

Simmo2
28-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Marinate them for an hour in stock standard sweet chilli sauce, then cook quickly on a hot plate.

Dunco
28-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Fresh in shells, Grated Cheese and diced real bacon on top. Oven on 180 for 15 -20 mins until bacon's cooked and cheese browning. a bit of whoistestcher (however spelt) or black sauce. Buuuuuuetiful!!!

Noelm
29-10-2007, 09:04 AM
I reckon good Scallops are just too nice to "fool" around with, just a very hot pan/grill place them on it, wait a jiffy, flip them over for another jiffy, they are then ready to eat, some Seafood (I reckon) should not be covered in herbs and spices, save that for the frozen or less desirable species and make the most of anything that is truely FRESH!

pog mo hoin
29-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Noelm is right, keep it simple. The trick with scallop meat is to cook them quickly either side on a very hot and dry pan/hotplate. You can then add a flavour with a sauce etc. Marinating is good as well but not for too long as it dominates the flavour of the scallop. Try a little fresh garlic, exta virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, Marinate for about half an hr then cook them, accompany with a cherry tomato,avocado and rocket salad with shaved parmesean cheese, splashed with more extra virgin and lots of cracked pepper and a wedge or two of lime.

woppa
12-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Noelm & pog mo hoin......
My taste buds are going crazy. I'm going to the seafood shop for scallops.
Woppa

tunaticer
12-11-2007, 06:49 PM
I like to mix a little chilli sauce with a fair amount of brown sugar and a little water. open the scallop shell and discard the top half and sprinkle bacon and edam cheese over the meaty parts and then coat it with the sauce/sugar mix. place them in the hot smoker box using hickory or apple chips for the smoke and cook them for about 7 minutes. Dead set bloody awesome. Leaves Oyster Kilpatric for dead.

Jack.

Swamp
23-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Please

On the shell, tiny bit of butter, fresh ground pepper, grill cranked up to flat out for 10 - 15 min, 60 - 90 seconds under grill,

even the kids love that

Whitey81
04-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Garlic butter and on a very hot barbie plate

darylive
12-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Make sure you don't slice the potatoes too thin. Be careful when buying them I got caught in Victoria, I ordered half a dozen scollops the bludgers charged a fortuna for them; they were little tiny basards and turned out to be batterred bait. Dirty theiving mongrels.