PDA

View Full Version : Seafood Sausage

butcher
28-10-2007, 06:51 AM
Has anyone got a sure fire winner for a seafood sausage. Can be a mix of fish and prawn or plain fish sausage. Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Butcher

Noelm
29-10-2007, 09:07 AM
hhmm I used to make small Rissoles out of finely minced Fish and Prawn (done in a processor) so I guess that would work well as a sausage, I guess you might need something as a "filler" like Breadcrumbs or something and use a slightly oily fish, but it sounds like it might be a good idea.

pog mo hoin
29-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Butcher, an asian type fish cake mix will be the way to go, it does not have to be asian flavoured you can flavour it any way you like but the general binding format would be egg white ( the blend of egg white protien and the protein in the fish flesh will help set the mix under temp )

Fish flesh and Shell fish mixed together is a good combo. You can even add at the end chopped Cooked Prawn meat or crab etc.

gone_phishin
29-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Tried these after going to the site and they turned out lovely...just have to use your imagination a bit with herbs and spices, and make sure you use an oily fish or do the adding of your own oil so they don't dry to much. Don't over cook either

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=115931&highlight=sausage

Geoff

butcher
30-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks for your input fellas, will let you know the results.

carving it up
30-10-2007, 08:00 PM
hey butcher there is actually a mob down this way that sell whiting sausages i had a crack at them from the local co-op and they go alright just shrink a bit when cooking on the bbq obviously but as far as i know they just crush them up and pronto inside ya usually sausage skin
cheers