PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Island Fishing Expo DVD

whynott
26-10-2007, 06:01 PM
I received my dvd of the great event today, and I was dissapointed!
I was expecting to see a lot more on the highlights then what was available.
Must be true, that what happens at the expo, stays at the expo.
It was my first time and I had a ball.
This years dvd seemed to lack a lot of highlights compared to the other years.:'( :'(
I would be interested in what everyone else has to say.
Graham.

Shane Boese
27-10-2007, 06:10 AM
Graham

Like you i was dissapointed to. I didnt like this years DVD as last years was a hell of a lot better. This year they left all the funny stuff out and have gone away from the day by day highlights. Very dissapointed.

Regards Shane

Lucky_Phill
27-10-2007, 10:39 AM
mmmm Toyota in action again. ? >:(

If you have paid for a product and it is not what you are expecting or wanted or is faulty, return it and ask for a refund.

I have not seen it but would like to, to form an opinion from the ones of previous years.

Maybe in these days of political correctness,...... overturned boats on the beach, bikini clad gals, people sitting on toilets, entrants appearing drunk at 7am , men dressed in womans clothes etc are now being pushed aside for a more " sterile ' approach. This could actually give a false impression of the event.

My memories are of a fantastically run event, great people, great times and a whole lot of political correct FREE fun..........all this with safety and fishing in mind.

Maybe the AF's that go next year can make / produce their own version of events............. ;)

Keep in touch Graham about that " affiliation " issue. :-X

Phill

Rodman
27-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Mate Last years was the same
I would not even open or play my dvd

Ken

Redspeckle
28-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Graham
Like you I was very dissapointed in the DVD :disappointed: and being a frist timer to the expo ( i have seen previous years videos from a mate )
I though I was watching commerical TV program way to many adds and it didn't really tell the true story of the Fishing Expo and I aggree in what Lucky Phill said in his post as well
If I seen this DVD I don't think it would inspire me to go to Fraser Fishing Expo next year ( thats If I haven't been before but i have and I know what gos on :-X )
Mitch::)

Ps Graham was good to have a quick chat to you last week at the boaties market

sempre
29-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Get used to it , it was like that last year and will be like that next year .

revs57
30-10-2007, 07:32 AM
Yeah, pretty ordinary if ya ask me, really inspires you to wanna come next year....NOT!!!

C'mon Toyota, lift ya game. If ya cut back on the advertising, there'd be heaps of room for more top fishing & boating footage. Everyone knows its a Toyota gig, even those of us who drive non Toyota vehicles and ya aint gonna convert us with some fancy advertising CD marketed as Fraser Highlights!

whynott
30-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Yeah, it is a great documentry DVD on Fraser, with a little bit on the fishing expo, filling all the gaps between the adds.

hoga
30-10-2007, 07:59 PM
its been a crap for the last few years a wast of time best to make your own

dfox
31-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Just watched it and i agree its rubbish. If they just replayed the daily highlights that are shown each night at the expo it would have been better. All i see in it is a toyota add (it is a fishing comp isnt it?) ...foxy

Dignity
31-10-2007, 08:01 PM
just got mine as I have been away for a while and now not sure if I want to watch it but guess I will in the end as my mate won the biggest whiting (small as it was compared to past years) and I want to see the smile on his dial - if that segment is missing I will definately ask for my money back

Dignity
01-11-2007, 06:04 AM
finally got around to watching it and it is worse than I thought, last years was bad but this was a shocker - give me a discount if I dont recveive next years DVD, drop the price by about $100 I reckon

Jono_SS
01-11-2007, 06:28 AM
is the show on the DVD the same as the show that was on regional TV?

seaspirit
01-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Whats happen to to the good ole days,Worst one yet.Thats our chance to show someone who hasn't been to the comp what it's about and how much fun we had and all we have is advertising.Not even 1 nights worth of daily highlights,very disapointing.

Reefmaster
01-11-2007, 08:07 AM
Talk about a disapointment. Last years DVD was full of promotion advertsing as well but atleast they had a fair amount of daily highlights which is what we all want to see. This years was not bad it was a tragedy. I'm a Toyota man through and through but I'm slightly confused to think that this DVD will for one make anyone buy a Toyota and secondly get them excited to go next year? Apart from the advertising it was also a documentry on Fraser Island which is ok for people who know nothing about the Island but for the 2000 entrants who fished the comp and get this DVD I think we all know what the Island looks like.

You gotta hand it to Toyota for putting on such a great event and there entitled to promote their product to the best of their ability but the way they have gone about it in this years DVD was an indication their marketing guru's lack some general common sense.

I would be more then happy to put up with the advertising as long as they show all the daily highlights and intersting things that we as the entrants would like to see.

Regards,
Greg

whynott
04-11-2007, 01:07 PM
I have been told the this posting has been passed onto the powers of be at Toyota and Win TV.
Lets hope that they take all of our comments on board, so that the next copy is more entertaining for those of us that went, and also let newcommers know what to expect from the comp.
Anyway, on a possitive note, bring on next years comp!!!

Graham.

snappa
08-11-2007, 12:00 AM
it was total CRAP

Dignity
08-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Talk about a disapointment. Last years DVD was full of promotion advertsing as well but atleast they had a fair amount of daily highlights which is what we all want to see. This years was not bad it was a tragedy. I'm a Toyota man through and through but I'm slightly confused to think that this DVD will for one make anyone buy a Toyota and secondly get them excited to go next year? Apart from the advertising it was also a documentry on Fraser Island which is ok for people who know nothing about the Island but for the 2000 entrants who fished the comp and get this DVD I think we all know what the Island looks like.

You gotta hand it to Toyota for putting on such a great event and there entitled to promote their product to the best of their ability but the way they have gone about it in this years DVD was an indication their marketing guru's lack some general common sense.

I would be more then happy to put up with the advertising as long as they show all the daily highlights and intersting things that we as the entrants would like to see.

Regards,
Greg

Greg, there were lots of mutterings this year about something special to happen next year as it is the big 25 years, well been through the usual literature and doesn't seem to be any changes except a slight price hike.

sam

murf
08-11-2007, 07:40 PM
I thought you lot were just bagging the DVD until I watched it the other day, what a disappointment.:(

More of the people and the fishing please, (highlights) you know the things that make the Toyota Fraser Is comp so good. I am sure Mark had heaps of footage that was suitable for the general public;D

I have 6 or more vehicles following me up next year for their first time on Fraser and was going to play the DVD for them next weekend at a 4WD trip/camp but I think I will run last years instead

at least we got to see whynott having a feed;)

Cheers Murf