PDA

View Full Version : favourite style of fishing.

breamnut
26-10-2007, 08:15 AM
at the moment it is whiting on poppers. but I love getting kilo bream from the racks.
Jack fishing is awesome but a Jack on a popper is also hard to beat.
I just love fishing overall.

LeeannP
26-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Stile I wouldn't know about (check the dictionary) but one of my favourite STYLES of fishing is for Bream on the surface using the Smith Towadies or subsurface fishing with Shirasu Minnows.

Other than that it's pretty hard to beat sightcasting to fish on the flats using fly tackle. That's my ultimate style of fishing.

Little grey men
26-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Slowly dragging a spinnerbait across the top of some gnarly old snag out on a river somewhere to see what sort of fish I can upset.
That puts me in a happy place.

blaze
26-10-2007, 09:31 AM
bait, cause then my mind can be any where I want and dont have to concontrate one matters at hand
cheers
blaze

Flattie Assassin
26-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Yes i was expecting a poo in the shape of a fish or something... :-X;D

Fafnir
26-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Stile I wouldn't know about (check the dictionary) but one of my favourite STYLES of fishing

Ah children these days LeeannP and their txt style language, which will ultimately lead to the death of the English language as we know it. Although apparently some 5th graders are pretty smart and can still spell, so there may be some hope yet.

On to the fishing, it had been SP's for snapper, but given the time of year it will no doubt turn to spinning for tuna and mackerel shortly.

finding_time
26-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Pulling large slice faced + cup faced pushers lures out beyond the shelf. Wasting hundreds of litres of fuel and many daylight hours for that rush when a Tiagra 80w starts loosing line( amazing rachet noise) at a seemingly impossible rate and seeing a trail of white water as a blue marlin screems towards the horizon!!! That is a rush!!

tidemaster
26-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Stand up Light Tackle game does it for me. Especially when you have a double hook up close to the boat and the fish are going offfff. Ahhhhhh I miss Cairns so much some times.

Stottles
26-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Ah children these days LeeannP and their txt style language, which will ultimately lead to the death of the English language as we know it. Although apparently some 5th graders are pretty smart and can still spell, so there may be some hope yet.

Thats just cause thier younge and think that proper english actually means something, plus they havent explored msn yet =P

Fav style would be beach fishing, something about sitting there watching the waves and doin jack is calming. Throwin lure's around snags and what not would be a close second

Cheers^^
Stottles

Jeremy87
26-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Snag bashing for anything, followed by spinning metals for mackies and tuna, i would really like to score a solid longy over the 20kg mark on spin gear, hooked a couple already but the situation normally gets ugly quickly and something gives.

mattooty
26-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Im an absolute addict for LBG! Only really started this year but everything else got put on the backburner once i got my first screaming run on a 18kg tuna! Knowing that you cant chase them down or motor away from obstacles gives it that addrenaline rush hoping the fish will turn around!
Other than that i love soaking live mulet for jew and a whiting on light tackle goes hard!

B_E_N
26-10-2007, 03:56 PM
i love anything visual, seeing the take and enticing it before hand really is hard to beat

Daniel_603
26-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Mine would definatly be paddling a canoe up a creek or river casting spinnerbaits for Wild River Bass listening to all the birds and pulling fish out of structure you wouldnt think possible.
Coming in close second would be catching Estuary Perch in Newcastle Harbour or catching Bream on plastics.

To go a step further i absolulty hate fishing plastics in deepwater.

Roo
26-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Yes i was expecting a poo in the shape of a fish or something... :-X;D

:grin: :grin: your thinking stool i think::)

snapper plastics is rewarding when it pays off with a nice feed. I am looking forward to the tuna tho'.

cheers Roo.

rockfisho
26-10-2007, 05:55 PM
I absolutly love tailor fishing off the beach, it would have to be my favourite style. Saying that i also love fishing from the stones.

Cheers

Owen

Luc
26-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Any style of fishing.

Luc

lock
26-10-2007, 09:16 PM
I would say standing in a crystal clear river spotting a nice size trout and landing a fly right on its nose then watching it strike. Then swear like buggery when I miss it ;D ;D . Also love surf and rock fishing.

Davemclean
26-10-2007, 10:37 PM
which ever one catches me fish at the time, I have really taken to using spinners though

snelly1971
26-10-2007, 10:45 PM
bait, cause then my mind can be any where I want and dont have to concontrate one matters at hand
cheers
blaze

Exactly Blaze....Bait for me too...lay back...and just relax

Mick

el_carpo
27-10-2007, 06:51 AM
I can't choose. Some of my favorites are simple float fishing, surface lures are fun, bottom fishing for catfish.... I love any type of fishing really.

I do prefer fishing the more rural and secluded areas though. Unfortunately, most of my fishing is on the lake front in downtown Chicago right in the heart of the "tourist" zone. I can't say that I hate it or anything, but it is very uncomfortable at times. You feel like you're on display.

The good thing about it is I can act as a promoter for the past time. I've spoken to people of all ages from all over the world down there and got them interested in trying fishing. I've heard young kids say to their parents, "I want to go fishing." That makes me SO happy to hear. It's awesome. I've had a group of inner-city street kids casting my gear for hours. That may have been the only time they'll get a chance to try it and I gave it to them. So as much as I prefer to "get away from it all" and fish in the wilderness, I do have to say that city fishing has its good points.

Too hard for me to choose a favorite style. I can't.

breamnut
27-10-2007, 07:56 AM
Stile I wouldn't know about (check the dictionary) but one of my favourite STYLES of fishing is for Bream on the surface using the Smith Towadies or subsurface fishing with Shirasu Minnows.

Other than that it's pretty hard to beat sightcasting to fish on the flats using fly tackle. That's my ultimate style of fishing.
lol
i used to use towadi all the time last summer and have used em a bit now but a mate gave me a look at his luckycraft sammies the other day and they looked awsome!
i think its 50mm or 55mm but they look fantastic

NAGG
27-10-2007, 09:30 AM
:P Lure casting tropical creeks (snags) for Jacks , barra , cod etc ....... Its such an active form of fishing & the anticipation really keeps you focused.
After that .... & the most exciting for me is surface lures ( poppers, fizzers , stick baits ) for just about anything .... bream over oyster racks through to GTs & coral trout around bommies.... , just as long as the tackle matches your target ....... Nagg

dan1990
27-10-2007, 10:20 AM
fishing for any sort of fish that takes surface lures is hard to beat in my opinion