PDA

View Full Version : how to get your girlfriend into fishing

orange_juice
25-10-2007, 07:40 PM
well iono if this topic have been discuss before, but here it is

so how does you guys get your girlfriend into fishing cause at the moment it doesn't look good for me ><

jimbo59
25-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Take her to tangalooma wrecks for a over-nighter, show her the lovely fish that swim around there then do a little bit of fishing and come home. Don't take her out on a ruff day, keep it short and sweet.Thats how i hooked my missus any-way.

Tailortaker
25-10-2007, 07:56 PM
I would say the best thing would be hoping that she catches some fish straight up, my wife is'nt interested, she has no patience..It's a good thing sometimes as fishing is my release from work and home but the odd day when she came along willingly would be nice.............I suppose???
________
Kitchen Measures (http://kitchenmeasures.com/)

dazza
25-10-2007, 08:12 PM
oj
i have the opposite problem, we are just "discussing" plans for the weekend, i want to go offshore on saturday, she wants to go estuary, if we go our seperate ways- who will babysit??
compramise- i go offshore saturday, she goes early sunday morning and picks me up later in they day, when they babysitter arrives
then next weekend she is going camping and fishing all weekend, i am at home with the kids
moral of the storey
don't get her too keen

cheers
dazza

juju
25-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Ask her to mow the lawn while your out.....unless you want to come....

ColacGirl
25-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Hi orange_juice,
Does she like eating fish? This definitely helps, as fresh caught fish is so much nicer than shop bought.

--
Bev

Tailortaker
25-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Ask her to mow the lawn while your out.....unless you want to come....
My wife does mow the lawn when I go fishing ;D
________
UGGS (http://uggstoreshop.com/)

tigermullet
25-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Don't know. Have been married for 42 years. Nothing has ever worked.

Thank God.

She says "eek", an awful lot, gets seasick in a bathtub and sinks every time she tries to swim.

All that adds up to peace. She knits, I go fishing.

Good thing too otherwise she would want to bring that effing lap dog along as well.;D

boogsboat
25-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Buy her one of these and how can she not want to fish with you. She will also know it was meant for her not like many of my older rods that I have said I have bought for her just to get out of trouble. You won't want to be seen by your mates with one of these.Ithink it is a great marketing ploy and should keep us boys out of trouble for a little while.
http://www.shimanofish.com.au/catalog/fish/products/group_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=25343743020 54177&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395181791&bmUID=1193310225096

All the best and Good Luck

Nathan

onerabbit
25-10-2007, 09:43 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=117432

Step 1. Take her fishing, if possible, make sure she catches a fish, doesn't matter what kind, even on your gear.

Step 2.Once she has the taste, go & spoil her with a set of gear of her own.

Step 3.Take her somewhere where she can break her new gear in.

Hopefully by now she will be hooked.....................

If not, she can still sunbake & look good.

Muzz

lippa
25-10-2007, 10:09 PM
i got the opposite problem, how do ya stop em from wanting to go!!

VoodooChile78
25-10-2007, 10:49 PM
I agree...get her a fish on the line...and get her a set up of her own...and first time fishing don't take them somewhere that's too uncomfortable or dirty...off a jetty is a good start or out in the boat on a calm day.

Ease them into it...I am lucky my wife grew up in lapland, finland...she is better at pumping yabbies than I am and knows more knots than I do! Only bad problem..she only wants "big fish". lol

Mr Rowdy
26-10-2007, 02:09 AM
easy

hire a houseboat, it already has all the mod cons a woman wants, ie kitchen toilet, shower, bed
make sure it is in an estery so that the fish are always plentiful - flattys, pinkies, bream etc
be the man, rig the rod and bait the rod at all times- your fishing isnt important at this stage, think of the future
throw back as many fish as possible, if a fish swallows the bait cut the line and throw back then quickly re rig your lady's rod.
make sure you choose a scenic location to moor
I guarantee she will want to do this again and then slowly will become more and more interested in fishing and you will get out more than ever

rowdy

ColacGirl
26-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Buy her one of these and how can she not want to fish with you. She will also know it was meant for her not like many of my older rods that I have said I have bought for her just to get out of trouble. You won't want to be seen by your mates with one of these.I think it is a great marketing ploy and should keep us boys out of trouble for a little while.
http://www.shimanofish.com.au/catalog/fish/products/group_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=25343743020 54177&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395181791&bmUID=1193310225096

All the best and Good Luck

Great idea Nathan :)

P.S. Many years ago hubby bought a pink Wilson, supposedly for me. It became one of his favourite rods ::)

--
Bev

boogsboat
26-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Hey Bev,

Iam about to buy my wife one of the lipstix 762's when I can find one. They look like they have the same specs as my snapper raider. It will look good in the rod holders in the new boat. still don't know if I will pick it up when there are other boats around but when I am outside who knows it may also become my favourite rod. But I did promise that I wasn't going to use it.

Nathan.

Nic
26-10-2007, 07:56 PM
I agree with the Tangalooma idea, it's great fun snorkeling and feeding the fish. Also, will mean your lady can say smugly to her girlfriends: "My boyfriend took me to Tangalooma on the weekend." :)
And yes, you need to treat her like a kid and do everything for her, so all she has to do is reel the fish in and feel proud. When you think about it, somebody probably did the same thing for you when you were a kid, and it certainly worked then!

Tangles
26-10-2007, 07:59 PM
lippa im in the same boat, she also has an eye on any rods/reels i get, most expensive outfit, hers,

mike

jtpython
26-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Just go every weekend and when she spits the pills at you for not sending time with her and talking to her say well come out fishing.
The problem is they become shy weeing into a bucket so you have to tell ya mate's that you take every trip your having a romantic fishing escape with the wife to put them off the scent
HAHAHAHAHA
JT

Far side
26-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Don't because your wife might find out:D :D :D

ColacGirl
27-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Hey Bev,

I am about to buy my wife one of the lipstix 762's when I can find one. They look like they have the same specs as my snapper raider. It will look good in the rod holders in the new boat. still don't know if I will pick it up when there are other boats around but when I am outside who knows it may also become my favourite rod. But I did promise that I wasn't going to use it.

Hi Nathan,
We were in BCF yesterday and hubby spotted the lipstix rods, selected one to see how it felt, then announced "This would be a great Christmas present for you". Guess this means he has found another possible favourite! ::)

--
Bev

orange_juice
28-10-2007, 01:10 AM
i try taking her fishing the other day, she didnt want to go cause of the smell of bait and stuff like that, shes one of those type that doesnt like to get down and dirty. i guess i will be going with the boys only

roydsy
28-10-2007, 05:36 AM
Mine hates the hassle of the boat ramp, clean up at the end of day, and the possibility of no fish caught. Yes, she would never sit back and let me do it all. Like most of them she still likes to wind in a fish, but the hours are limited and time is always short, well it is still good to get her out once in a while.

Tropicaltrout
28-10-2007, 07:52 AM
My wife loves to go camping and enjoy's a fish we she feels like it, I think don't try and force her and brag about the good sessions and she will come around and want a bit of the action. Until then mate just enjoy the solitude.

Nath

Redspeckle
28-10-2007, 04:50 PM
I can catch fish but haven't caught myself a decent catch (girlfriend )yet theres a lot out there don't like the fishing and the camping /outdoors activity's ( to me must like eating the Fish you catch and other seafood thats my frist criteria in what i look for in a girlfriend )
But if I had one I would go take her to Tangalooma and have a swim around the wrecks and go fishing and hand feed the dolphins
or go to Fraser Island 4wd and do some beach fishing and check out the lakes there
or take her to MBTBC Southern Haven ( member of ) on South Straddie where its like 4 star camping and not too far to the Gold Coast
But in all this have to pick good weather to do fishing/boating and outdoor activity's so it makes it a good experince not a bad one so they want to come with you and do it again and again but make a little bit different each time
Mitch

PinHead
28-10-2007, 05:15 PM
simple thing is that either she likes/fishing boating or she doesn't...but..she must not have a problem with you going and you must not have a problem with her spending money on and doing the activities she enjoys...a relationship is about sharing but also having your own interests without getting into a blue over it.

Essence
29-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Well if the 21yr old is any guide, it took him a while to work it out!
a; must be cool to start off with (don't ask in front of her friends)
b; suggest a good off the boat lunch stop, e.g picnic, or one of the pubs/clubs scattered from the broadwater to daves gutter, for a quick freshen up
c; ipod or ability to have music on boat
d; under no circumstances does she touch the bait, or the fish!!!!!
e; first time the boat gotta be spotless!! heh eheheh lol

slyman
29-10-2007, 06:51 PM
If the baits a problem how about plastics?

simon

Ryan.S
30-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Wine, Cheese, and her sister. The sacrifices we make to wet a line ay!

SIRO
30-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Don't or you will end up like the bloke in the photo to the left.Wife holding a 13kg dollie on me just getting in on a photo op !!!!!!!!!!:-[ :-[ :-[

Seriously do whatever you can to get her out , make sure she catches some fish but most importatly MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FUN .

Then be prepared to be out-fished 99% of the time .

the gecko
30-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Dont do it. Trust me, it all sounds good now, but the day will come when youll want to go fishing alone or with mates. Fishing is your escape. Like a shed, or a cave. Dont defile it.

Just take her to a good seafood restaurant, give her wine and conversation, or whatever her hot button is (clothes, shoes). Then tell her she'll get more of this treatment if she lets you bring home fish.

Works for me. My wife loves fish, but only comes out in daytime when the weather is perfect about twice a year. Let it be her call when she wants to go, and she'll never stop you going.

good luck
Andrew

novice23
30-10-2007, 03:47 PM
It's not about catching fish - my misus outfishes me 3 to 1 everytime and all she wants to know is what time we are going home.

a few key rules:

1) don't take them out in crappy weather
(they don't like getting wet or bounced around)

2) think about where they can go to the toilet
(they don't like hanging their arse over the side of the boat)

3) let them bring a friend along

4) don't try an do everything for them
(i.e bait their hook, steal their rod off them when they get a bite, wind their fish in ect.. let them ask you for help- they're not useless you know!!)

dogsbody
30-10-2007, 06:14 PM
If the baits a problem how about plastics?

simon

A bit early to pull out the frangers, she must get used to the boat idea first. ;D

I suggest take her for a dusk wine and nibbles on the boat somewhere in a quiet picturesque possie to bring on those good time feelings of the boat. Then hit her up with the frangers or plastics.

Dave.

hoga
30-10-2007, 08:08 PM
if you are smart dont get her to keen better in the long run u cant tell her what u realy think if she stuffs up the gaff shot etc once a year is plenty