PDA

View Full Version : pine river boat accident

lippa
25-10-2007, 03:11 PM
just caught a news flash that said there had been a serious accident in the pine river.:'(
tried looking on news.com and couldnt find any further info.

Blackened
25-10-2007, 06:09 PM
G'day

Doesn't sound too good at all.

Did hear today of 2 guys swimming for their boat that had drifted off of a mudbank, one of them disapeared. I think that was fraser direction.

Dave

lippa
25-10-2007, 06:25 PM
it was on the news, a 50 y/o fella died.
his boat was hit bya wake he fell over board and hit the throttle at the same time. at deep water bend
very unfortunate accident.

Tailortaker
25-10-2007, 07:47 PM
another sad day on the water, it's starting to get a bit to common. Lets hope we all stay safe...
TT
________
Blonde Girl Live (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/blonde-girls/)

BrandonH
26-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Thats terrible:'( I fish the pine nearly every week and always have trouble motoring around/through all the ski wake up there (in my little 12 foota). If it happened at Deep water bend though it wouldn't have been a ski boat.

bondy99
26-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Sorry to hear about the tragedy, I seen the footage on TV. I too was in the area on Tuesday night, those frigging jetskis, there is a sign that states no more than 6 knots at a particular location, these jokers were way in excess of 6 knots.

Same night DPIF patrol boat came over for a random vessel check. Where were they when these jetski operators were seen over the speed limit.

The guy drowned when the boat came back over him, maybe he could have survived if he did not touch the throttle stick when he fell in.

Sadly its not the first and ufortunately it won't be the last, human nature as it is . Peter

haggis
26-10-2007, 08:57 PM
:( sad news . my heart goes out to his family .
havent fished the pine in almost a year because of the idiots causing grief
every time that we fished there .
cheers fae haggis .

TheRealAndy
27-10-2007, 07:33 AM
Sorry to hear about the tragedy, I seen the footage on TV. I too was in the area on Tuesday night, those frigging jetskis, there is a sign that states no more than 6 knots at a particular location, these jokers were way in excess of 6 knots.

Same night DPIF patrol boat came over for a random vessel check. Where were they when these jetski operators were seen over the speed limit.

The guy drowned when the boat came back over him, maybe he could have survived if he did not touch the throttle stick when he fell in.

Sadly its not the first and ufortunately it won't be the last, human nature as it is . Peter

Not sure if it would have helped in this situation, but there is a good reason that boats are fitted with lanyards to kill the motor.

JEWIENEWIE
27-10-2007, 10:22 AM
I am so dirty on myself, i always look at the laynard strap when out in the boat even by myself and never where it>:( . How many times must i read terrible stores like this and still dont where it>:( . I must and will change my ways. My thoughts are with the loved ones left behind.
Jewie

Raesen
28-10-2007, 08:21 PM
I fish the Pine regularly. Local access to fishing. Was down there just last weekend (21 Oct) and couldn't believe the ski boat and jet ski traffic - we ended up coming home.

Not having a shot at ALL ski and jet boat operators but something NEEDS to be done or they should at least wake up to themselves, comply with the law and consider other water users. Not saying that this was as a result of any of the above just an observation.

Condolences to the lost fisho's family. :'(

Cheers Pete

Synful
28-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Not sure if it would have helped in this situation, but there is a good reason that boats are fitted with lanyards to kill the motor.

Was just thinking this myself...
Like you, i too am guilty of not wearing the lanyard when out on the water :-/

bondy99
29-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Perhaps what MSQ and maybe QBFPS should do is come down to the area in plain clothes like cops do and do a target or stint on these jetski operators that do the wrong thing on a weekend. At least if they get sprung by agents in covert ops then they might think twice the next time wondering whether the person on the other boat might be undercover.

Just my thought but can be done if they were serious about it. Peter

cuzzamundi
29-10-2007, 04:24 PM
My thoughts go out to the family - tragic loss of life yet again. as has been said, sad to see it happening more frequently. has anyone heard if the bloke missing off maaroom has been found? also a tragedy.

cuzza

Nico.d.R
30-10-2007, 08:51 PM
im surprised to that there are not more accidents down there , for starters them &@#$ (&@#$ing)ing jet skis and ski boats >:( flying around every where and if its not them then you get idiots at night time zooming around or ancored up with no lights . But we should take it ezy on the jet skiers they can not help it if they are brain dead ;D . how wide is the pine on average ? i dont think it is more than 120m wide , and jet skies are not suposed to come within 60m of a ancored boat , boat fishing or swimmers so when ever a jet ski comes past they should drop back to 6 knots , i dont think i have ever seen a jet ski do less than 40-50 km . I have 1 idea that may keep them away , float a 44 gallon drum full of burley near the old ramp at murumba downs and see if the bullys will go into a feeding freny on a skier or three :D .But anyway back to the crash its no good and my heart goes out to the familys to , and since i finally got my boat and will be driver instead of passenger i am always going to wear the lanyard when im on the move . stay safe .
ps. can water police fine people from video footage ? maybe we should start filming some of the stupidity down there and forward it to the police . If they carnt fine people from the footage maybe if they get enough videos they will target the problem a bit more and make it safer for everybody else .