PDA

View Full Version : 2 pac paint

polky
24-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Hi fellas, I restored my VC about 14mths ago, had the hull resprayed with polyu400. New floor,transom and complete new fitout. I now wish to put the VC on the market. There are a few scratches on the bow from rubbing on concrete boat ramp. How do I go about fixing this problem, my mate assures me you can buy 1/2 pac spray paint once opened you have about 2 weeks to use paint before it goes off. I will bog up gouges with fibreglass/powder mix, and then respray with this paint. If any of you lads have done this before is this the way to do it. Any advice will be gladly accepted. Polky.

BM
24-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Your method sounds fine (without getting into fine details) but I have never seen 2 pack in a can. After all, how do they stop the paint and hardener mixing while its on the shelf???? Sounds rather odd to me, but I never say never.....

Cheers

snelly1971
25-10-2007, 08:19 AM
I am also currently doing s few touch ups ...with 2 pac...poly u400 is now poly u 750...same paint...they just change the numbers every year...but i have never heard of it being available in a spray pac.....seems impossible to me....as BM said..never say never..but?????

Mick

Seahorse
27-10-2007, 09:05 PM
u cant put it in an aerosol can but u can get the paint mixed and u can then mix it with hardener and spray it through an aerosol set up called a preval unit.
This is a small glass bottle about holding 200ml and u screw a small gas cylinder on top.
Very good, cheap and reusable

cheers
greg

rossy79
30-10-2007, 09:27 PM
agreeing with greg preval spray packs are good for small areas that could be what was meant ,by the sounds of it ull need a proper spray gun and be easier to spray the bow area and blend it to the sides rather than doing just the marks id use the same paint u have on it as well for colour etc