View Full Version : Manta-Craft Boats

reelchippy
22-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Does anyone know anything about Manta craft tinnies
Would love a web site to look at google it got sh*t

Cheers

gone_phishin
22-10-2007, 05:36 PM
They went out/sold out of business back in the early '90's. I've only just sold an '88 4.2m Manta Craft about 2 months ago. Did us wonders for ages but the low transom was a bit of a problem, and as the family got larger (size wise!) the boat got more unstable so upgraded.

Cheers
Geoff

reelchippy
22-10-2007, 05:45 PM
They went out/sold out of business back in the early '90's. I've only just sold an '88 4.2m Manta Craft about 2 months ago. Did us wonders for ages but the low transom was a bit of a problem, and as the family got larger (size wise!) the boat got more unstable so upgraded.

Cheers
Geoff
Thank geoff what do you think of this one

Manta-Craft Centre console - 4.3mt
As new Stessco trailer
40hp mercury motor

fishingrod
23-10-2007, 02:33 PM
I think that MantaCraft and SeaHunter alloy boats where tied up together for a while.

Various things happened and I think they joined up with the Mayfair Group of companies that also included Clark and a some other brands of boats (including trailers)

I think the Mantacraft in question may be at least 10 years old and there was probably never a web site back in those days !

cheers, Rod

TonyG
23-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Hi Reelchippy,

Below is a link to a story of the guy who started making these boats, but onsold the business.

http://joshuaboats.com.au/joshuahistory.htm