PDA

View Full Version : Show us your 6 - 7m Boat

skipper07
22-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Hi All,

new to Ausfish and in the process of upgrading to a larger boat for Offshore fishing. Like to see some pictures and hear about about other peoples boats that fit into this size bracket. I have been looking at the new Cruise Craft 6.8m but some of the plate boats really stack up and are noticeably cheaper then Cruise Crafts. I mainly fishout of South passage and off the Gold Coast.

Thanks
John.

crazboutfishin
22-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Hey John, My dad owns a Fisher 680 Maxi. We've had it for a few months now and absolutely love it! It's performance on the water is amazing. Im sure if dad see's this he's love to give you some more info (Withoutatrace) Heres a pic of her. Its called 'Spin Doctor'

Cheers
Crazy

DAVE_S
22-10-2007, 06:02 PM
heres another 680

mod5
22-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Off Topic posts about Kevlar Cats have been deleted. Please start a new thread if you wish to discuss them as this was not what the thread is about.

Chimo
22-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Hi John

Have you had a look at the Seafarers in the 6 6.2 and 6.8 sizes?

I guess it depends on exactly what you want to do and how much comfort you seek.

I have a 6.2 Vag and while at times the walkaround aspects of the the 6.8 would be nice so too is the dry and comfortable ride in the 6.2 Cuddy.

From some experience now it seems that one really benefits from fitting trim tabs to these to sit them up and also level them to get best use of the vee into any sort of sea particularly if you want to run at any speed.

Anyhoo you asked a pretty open question so heres a pretty open answer!

Cheers
Chimo

finding_time
22-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Yep seafarers are worth a look as well as signatures also haines, what can i say i'm a glass fan, they lookand ride better!

Ian

Reel Blue
22-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Haines 650 Classic. Love it, as does the family.

Bonus
22-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Howdy, This is my 6.3 metre Offshore Marine Master. We had our maiden voyage today. What do you think?

Simmo2
22-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Howdy, This is my 6.3 metre Offshore Marine Master. We had our maiden voyage today. What do you think?
It needs some wicked signwriting on the bow!!! ;) (Nice boat matey!)

SeaSaw
22-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Looked at lots of glass boats in the 6-7m range lately.

This would be my choice :D

Mark

skipper07
23-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Geez some nice Boats guys, the Fisher Boats are a impressive package in the plate market. I must amit that the plate boats are inviting as you can be alittle more harsh on them without worring too much compared to a glass boat.

Are the Seafarers a Wet Boat? I have heard alot of good reports but have heard they can be a pretty wet boat?

The Haines 650 is a hell of a nice Boat, which I'll take a closer look at in the coming weeks. Does anyone have a 685 Cruise Craft or a Patroit?

Seasaw, another great looking glass boat. I have'nt heard too much about them but I think I might be doing abit more homework on them. Are you in the process of buying one??

gawby
23-10-2007, 08:31 AM
I am realy happy with the Gawby II.8-) Glass or alloy i think is your decision in the end as you are the one who has to be happy with it.:-/
You will find that any dealer you go to will give you a test drive anywhere.:)

Graeme;)

gawby
23-10-2007, 08:35 AM
John,

I should have mentioned that this is the 6mt yalta and they make a 615 which i nearly upgraded to and would be a great boat with a 200 hp on it.

Graeme

Chimo
23-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Hi Skipper

"Are the Seafarers a Wet Boat? I have heard alot of good reports but have heard they can be a pretty wet boat?"

I find the 6.2 Vagabond to be very dry. You should take a test drive in the Seafarer range.

John Haines will start production of them from the 1st Nov as he has purchased the name and moulds and will have Lidsay Fry assisting a few days a week to maintain quality of the Seafarer line. Apparently they will have ETECS or Suzuki 4s on them which is as it was with the 4s Johnsons previously. Check out the 6.8 Voyager with the twin 175 HP Suzuki s, should be a bit of a weapon;D

ps MAKE SURE YOU SPEND THAT LITTLE EXTRA AND FIT TRIM TABS.

Cheers
Chimo

finding_time
23-10-2007, 05:54 PM
ps MAKE SURE YOU SPEND THAT LITTLE EXTRA AND FIT TRIM TABS.

Cheers
Chimo

Great boat, but yes the best thing you can do for there performance is tab them, they have a deep v and need it to work!

ian

Tassie JR
23-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Hey mate this is ours she is a 6.4 meter southwind and absoloutly love it.;D

Spaniard_King
23-10-2007, 07:45 PM
OK Heres my 2 bobs worth, Its a serious offshore fshing boat called an Eden Craft. All boats are built to survey, i.e foam filled. This boat is solid a rock and shows it on the scales too weighing in at 2.7T as you see it. They are now built in Labrador on the gold coast. LOA is 6.3 from the transom to the front "D" the manufacturer did not want to change the well know model name which the pro's are used to down south.

leezor
23-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Here is my Southwind SF20, though am thinking of upgrading so she may be on the market in the near future 8-)

Tassie JR
23-10-2007, 08:04 PM
hey leezer what sort of horsepower do you have on your Southwind.

cheers tassie JR

Dean1
23-10-2007, 08:37 PM
C'mon lippa show us your mono!! :P

leezor
23-10-2007, 08:45 PM
hey leezer what sort of horsepower do you have on your Southwind.

cheers tassie JR

Tassie, 225hp Suzuki 4st, had it fitted last Christmas.

Cheers,

Lee

captain rednut
23-10-2007, 09:13 PM
hi mine is a 680mtr patrot h/h

rat_catcher
23-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Here is a pic of my Signature 702L with a Suzuki DF250. I was originally looking at a 680 Patriot, but the 702L came up at the right price and I jumped on it. Have no complaints so far!

lippa
23-10-2007, 09:24 PM
nz designed McLay mesures 6.3 to the pod

Tassie JR
23-10-2007, 09:37 PM
thanks leezer i was just curious she would fly with that moter. But the southwinds are a heavy boat. Thats probally the next moter going on our southwind, that or twin 115 zukes down the track sometime, but the yammie still has alot of hours in her yet

cheers tassie JR

SeaSaw
24-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Skipper, the Predator 650 is definitely worth a look. I rate it as the best fitted out for fishing glass boat I have found .... everything is spot on and clearly designed by a fisherman. They are made in Melbourne and the manufacturer is having trouble keeping up with local demand so they are not marketing heavily in Queensland yet. I went for a ride on one last week and was impressed. Until finding this one, I was leaning towards a custom plate boat so I could get it built the way I wanted it. Still just looking though.

Mark

MR C OTTER
24-10-2007, 04:53 AM
Hi skipper. This is my 2007 joshua 6.5 mt plate boat its running a 175 yamaha and fitted out with all the goodies.Mal and pauline joshua are at loganhome and are underway with my new7.5 mt hardtop that will be compleated next year so i will be putting this one on the market at a later date. see ya

cbs
24-10-2007, 08:12 PM
All boats are built to survey, i.e foam filled.

Um, a 6m+ boat built to survey has a lot more than foam filling to make it comply.

It's either got documentation/certification to prove that it is built to survey or it doesn't.

I have seen plenty of builders/consumers in the past state that their vessel is built to survey when they quite obviously aren't.

Spaniard_King
24-10-2007, 08:53 PM
cbs,

All Eden craft boats are built to survey standard and if you want it in survey they raise the appropriate paperwork with the appropriate authorities And the hull is marked accordingly. But all of them are built to the same standard. If you have ever looked at one you would see what I mean. take the time rather than just hit reply:P

cbs
24-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Spaniard,

My comment was directly in reply to your comment that your boat was built to survey standard because it was foam filled. My comment was not aimed at eden craft or their standard of build.

Though I am not familar with the ins and outs of eden craft build specs, I happen to work in the industry and survey standards are a daily issue that I have to contend with. My view is that it is either built to survey with the appropriate documentation or it is not. I do know of some builders that do build (and have certified) the hull only of a vessel but do not go the whole way through the process. In those cases, the hull may be considered "built to survey" but the entire vessel is not.

for your information, a 6m+ boat in queensland requires certificates for design, build (survey & inspections), stability and safety equipment for the entire ship and all its systems. Far more reaching than the glasswork alone.

What I can tell you, about your particular boat without even seeing it, that it would not be accepted for any kind of offshore survey in some states. That is based purely on length alone.... No slight against edencraft by any means.

Now back to the 6-7m boat discussion, Apologies for any hijacks.

Spaniard_King
24-10-2007, 09:34 PM
No Problem cbs, I deal with Surveyed vessels everyday. I know where ya coming from. I also know how hard it is to get a vessel into survey that is not built to survey.

Pretzil
24-10-2007, 10:01 PM
does any1 have a 6-7 metre alloy center console? Do they make many of them?

Stuart
24-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Pretzil

Here is mine before I sold it. It was a 7.4meter centre console. I will be building another soon enough.

Stu

Any_Weather
25-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Hi, this is our 6.5m Centre cab. Same idea as the centre console with a little more comfort.

Lee

MR C OTTER
27-10-2007, 04:54 AM
Hi any weather,nice looking rig ,what brand is that:D

Any_Weather
27-10-2007, 05:47 AM
Hi Mr C otter, mate it is a Four Seasons boat. They are the same as Stessco and built at Narangba. We've had it for 3 years now, done 220hrs in it and some of those have been in very ordinary conditions and we are very happy with the boat.

Lee

ozscott
27-10-2007, 11:23 AM
70's Seafarer Vagabond - great deep hull - trim tabs have made really made it.

CROOZY
27-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi,
I have a C/Craft 685 Outsider, one of the finest boats made in Aus, Im very happy but I must add...I was very impressed with the look of the Evoloution Predetor, dont know how it rides.. well I expect
Cheers Phil

kingtin
27-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Whittley 650 Sea Legend powered by 220 merc sterndrive.

Before the marlin board went on:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/bidkev/solesearching.jpg

and with the marlin board:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/bidkev/marlinboardrear.jpg

kev

seaspirit
28-10-2007, 12:58 AM
Hi John,
Cruise Craft 685 Outsider twin 115hp love it:D No probs if it gets nasty offshore :o handles it unreal.
Cheers
Dave