PDA

View Full Version : Ausfish Xmas M & G. bbq etc

Lucky_Phill
22-10-2007, 09:29 AM
It is getting close to that time of year again. There is a get together at this link http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=113360 for a fishing event.

If you do not want to be involved in the fishing side of things, bring the family down and attend the BBQ at 12 noon on the Sunday. The Victoria Point VMR will be running this and need to cater to the hordes, so a show of hands is what is needed. There will be a small donation to the VMR for the food and drinks, somewhere in the 5 – 10 bucks, but can confirm this at a later date.

This is a great opportunity to meet up with old and new Ausfish members and chat about the year that was and what next year holds in store. 8-) 8-)

There is car parking available and a playground very close by. You may wish to bring along a chair.

Details are:-

Sunday 9th December

12 noon, onwards

Victoria Point VMR
Colburn Ave
VictoriaPoint

Aigutso , subzero or Lucky_Phill for any further questions or suggestions.

Keep returning to this Thread to confirm all details.

Cheers Phill

Tangles
22-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Just to add what to what Phil said, here are the details.

M&G Southern Bay

Date: 8th - 9th Dec 3pm Saturday to 11 am Sunday

New Moon on the Mon 10th

Tides: Sat L 3.10pm H 8.30pm Sun L 2.38am H 9.16am
Held out of Victoria Point (VMR) also has 2nd ramp near Ferry if gets to crowded.

Boundaries: Raby Bay to Amity down to bottom of Macleay Island back to Victoria Point, see map

Rules/Classes;

1: Best fish over 3kg
2: Best fish 1kg to 3kg
3: Best fish 1kg and below

Kids
1: Best fish (no species limits except has to be legal)
2: Best Whiting ( legal of course)

Viccie Pt VMR will be wacking on a BBQ with a small donation fee to cover their costs, reckon will be a great pre- Xmas bash, also want to thank Home Sweet Loans and Marlin Mike for putting up some prizes.

So pencil it in for a Xmas bash and fish.. put up your hand if your coming along ( if you havent already on the M&G thread) so we can get a feel for numbers.

There's a pretty large area to fish, and we've included behind Macleay Is in case the fan is turned on.

cheers
mike

finga
31-10-2007, 06:23 AM
The event of the year is getting closer all the time.
Just 5 weeks to go :D

I can taste the sausages now :)

By the sounds there are going to be some excellent prizes up for grabs so it will be worthwhile to attend.

Even if you can not fish those days it'll be good to catch up with some old mates or meet some new people and tell porky pies.

Cheers Scott :)

bungie
03-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Aigutso (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/member.php?u=35469), Going by the map, it looks like anthing I can get over the counter at the fish and chip shop in Dunwich counts ?? :)

sunrise
09-11-2007, 03:46 PM
count me in phill
would you l ike me to bring the potta shade n my vb unbrella

Poodroo
11-11-2007, 04:01 PM
All looking good for the Poodroo clan to attend this one Phill so count us in. To the best of my knowledge there are no predictions for any of my family to be undergoing heart surgery between now and then at least. ::)
So that will me myself, Trudy, Kyle and Sherray. Marked it in the calendar.

Regards,

Poodroo

Tailortaker
12-11-2007, 02:38 PM
I think I'll be working the saturday but will try to get down for the BBQ on the sunday..
Grant
________
Creampie Video (http://www.####tube.com/categories/16/creampie/videos/1)

the baker
12-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey Phil you can count us in if work dose not get in the way

dave

Lucky_Phill
13-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Dave,

It'd be great to catch up to you and ' chelle ' again.

Hope to see you there.

Phill

thedeckie
14-11-2007, 09:36 AM
I thought Michelle was banned from attending M&G's!!!!!!;D ;D

Cheers
Paul

MY-TopEnder
14-11-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm there... albeit probably hung over from my b'day the night before.

Flattie Assassin
14-11-2007, 07:05 PM
I would love to come and meet other ausfish members... Hopefully wife and kids in tow.

2DKnBJ
15-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Hey Phill
Will be there for sure.Might have to have a couple of Golds with you that's if Louisa dosen't keep drinking them on you.

Cheers Dazza

jamesryan30
15-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi MY partner Bec and I would love to attend for the fishing comp as well. See you there and also thanks for your advice during 2007.

James

P.S Can one of the organisers please send me confirmation of day and time on email jamesr@ sharpabt.com.au

Homer28
21-11-2007, 12:21 PM
G'day.

Id love to go and bring my partner but its my b'day on the 8th so yeah as yet not sure what im doing because ive only been in Qld a few weeks..

Cheers Homer

roz
21-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Going to try and be there, will be difficult.

r.

finga
02-12-2007, 06:38 AM

r.
Mate, you migrated a week or so too early :-/

Anyways....a week to go peoples ;D

Tangles
04-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Well time for an update ( this will be posted in the thread in M&G Section as well)

The important stuff , the BBQ!.. Viccie Pt Vmr are putting on for us a feast, starting off with 10 kg or so of prawns to be thrown on the bbq, first in best dressed so remember fishing stops at 11am;) . After that there is a as much as you like bbq meal with salad and snags and the like. If thats not enough well they will also be putting on savouries and finger food.. I reckon the plates will start to sizzle around noon.

The cost you ask?, Viccie Pt VMR are only asking for a donation, but i reckon we should make it a $5 buck minimum donation, more if you can afford it to cover their costs. Drinks will be $1 buck a can if you dont bring your own.

VMR will also be putting on some raffles like some waterside assist memberships which i hope we can all support.

Not that i really trust Seabreeze but its looking ok for Sat/Sun with it getting windy late Sun afternoon so hopefully we will have the best of it. If it does get windy or rainy we can have the bbq in the VMR boat yard now its been covered with a roof. Also if it does by chance get a bit blowy on the day, there is plenty of opportunity of doing a fish behind some islands and getting on the water.

PRIZES; wont give away too much as ive already mentioned some a while ago but apart from some rods and reels and tackle vouchers there will be some mystery prizes, small hint in the Southern Bay there is plenty of oppurtunities to do fishing related activities that dont use a hook and sinker;D

Anyway it looks like there will be a few of us having a bit of a fish and a great xmas bbq with family and friends ; If any of you are thinking of coming and haven't posted your interest yet please do as it will give Viccie Pt VMR and idea of how many to cater for, it may mean even more prawns.8-)

Thought i'd repost the details of the M&G
Date: 8th - 9th Dec 3pm Saturday to 11 am Sunday

New Moon on the Mon 10th

Tides: Sat L 3.10pm H 8.30pm Sun L 2.38am H 9.16am
Held out of Victoria Point (VMR) also has 2nd ramp near Ferry if gets to crowded.

Boundaries: Raby Bay to Amity down to bottom of Macleay Island back to Victoria Point ( see map previously posted)

Rules/Classes;

1: Best fish over 3kg
2: Best fish 1kg to 3kg
3: Best fish 1kg and below

Kids
1: Best fish (no species limits except has to be legal)
2: Best Whiting ( legal of course)

BBQ is at the Viccie Pt VMR, just look for the Ausfish banner and the bbq,

cheers
Mike

Poodroo
04-12-2007, 06:57 AM
I will definitely be there on the Sunday. For a change time is not going to be on my side to get in for a fish but at least my family will be present Sunday for the BBQ.
Welcome back Mike.

Poodroo

dogsbody
08-12-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm gonna try and poke my head in and say g'day.

Dave.

whynott
09-12-2007, 06:30 PM
A BIG thankyou to Phil and Mike for a great day.:D
Well done also to VMR.
Thanks guys,
Graham.

JRBK
10-12-2007, 08:13 AM
I agree with Whynott.
The afternoon was excellent. The food, drinks and getting to meet other Ausfishers was great. Well organised..
Maybe next year i'll way in the decent sized grinner i caught.
Cheers
Mark..

Herm
10-12-2007, 10:42 AM
A BIG Thanks to all of those involved in the organisation of the M&G yesterday!;D

We had a wonderful time and Sarah tells everyone who she speaks to that she won a little fishing reel and some Ausfish stickers for Mum's new car - after weighing in her "little ripper";) (She weighed in a pillie) Thanks Boys for that!

Thanks also to the VMR for the food and drinks - I hope that you raised a few dollars!

Cheers and Merry Christmas
Peter, Janine, Sarah and Chloe!

mik01
10-12-2007, 11:26 AM
yep - thanks to all for organising and especially thanks to the VMR boys for the bbq and hospitality!!!

just one question..... i had to leave early and missed out on the raffle draw.:(
I know dogsbody, homerjrb and custard would have 'looked' after the carton/rum if I had won ::) , so did I win??????;D ;D ;D

its ok to tell me - one of you would have taken it home and stored it safely for me... I know you would.... right?

charleville
10-12-2007, 11:42 AM

So was she there and was she difficult?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry - I am such a literalist. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Custaro
10-12-2007, 01:03 PM
great afternoon! thanks to all those involved with the organisation.

mik01, it was a real bummer you didn't win the rumbo...cause none of us did either.

finga
10-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Well the cook and I had a little talk on the way to feed the gee-gees and come to the conclusion that these events should happen at least every month just so we get to have a great feed, a better talk and some even better great laughs.

Mike, Phil and the VMR boys and ladies excelled themselves.
I apologise to those who we didn't get to yarn too but I'm a tad shy :-[ and the cook was sound asleep after the feed 8-)
Thanks to all those involved :)

PS...Dazza, mate your one lucky fella you know.
We (meaning 5 cougars and Horse I think it was and definitely not me...honest ;)) were going to dong you on the head with Webby's wonder wacker and pinch your shirt, and voucher, and trophy, and ...the list can go on and on and on (you get the drift) ;D

Herm
10-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks again to Phil and Mike for the book that I won - for something I don't really remember ::) but I have decided it was for my extremely pathetic efforts while fishing this year!:'(

mik01 - We got 2nd in the raffle and ended up with the carton of Mid.:)

Oh - I hope that I get this right - I think that it was Covertfly who won 1st prize chose the bottle of Bundy! Sorry if I got the wrong Ausfisher!

Dazza did end up with quite a haul, didn't he?:o and can't he peel a prawn at speed!

Finga - Are you starting a roster for who hosts the next one? Just remember - we did the 1st one this year!

Cheers
Janine

foggy
10-12-2007, 06:45 PM
I was planning to get down there on Sunday but work got in the way. Sounds like a great day was had, but I have to ask the question.

Did anybody(other than tol and webby) get any fish and what one the prizes?

Foggy

dogsbody
10-12-2007, 07:21 PM
A big thanks to all involved. It was good to see a few faces to put to names.

Your rum would have been safe with me Miko I'm a bourbon man.

Dave.

theoldlegend
10-12-2007, 08:07 PM
It certainly was good to meet up with some more Ausfishers and put some faces to names. I tried hard, but unfortunately didn't get to meet everybody, but I did manage to meet up with a former work acquaintance from about 17 years ago, who now proudly holds the golden yabbie pump.

Thanks to Mike and Phill, and especially Finga, for doing all the hard work. The VMR people certainly did a good job in feeding everybody.

Now Janine, the general consensus is that the last one at your place was such a success that the next 5 or 6 should be held there as well. Especially if you put the word out that there'll be some of your home made cheese cake there.

TOL

Tangles
10-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Just a bit of a roundup, many thanks to all who came, many thanks to Finga who made the wonderful trophies 2 of which will be perpetual ones, amazing work mate. Another big thanks to Lloyd and the boys down at Viccie Pt VMR for hosting us, they put on a great feed, nibblies foolowed by burgers then prawns.

Many thanks to Phil for all his help who between plastering Save Moreton Bay posters everywhere kept everyone entertained with various comps, the prawn peeling comp opened my eyes, fastest ive ever seen and Poodroo young fella gave the prawn quite a makeover as well;D

As to the prizes and trophies, well from my cryptic notes, as best i can make it out, here are results and in no order as its almost xmas;D

1: Alvey Perpetual Trophy: Webby , TOL reckoned he just turned around and there was a spangled on board, Webby landed it without telling him or it jumped on board, anyway there where some other fish in the esky as well

2: The Donger Trophy was sponsored by Home Sweet Loans to the tune of $100 voucher at Tackleworld: Well 2DKnB's shark blitzed the field by a fin

3: The Homer Trophy along with some great Bush n Beach gear: Well 2DKnB got this one as well with some mother in law fish,,, but as the only one doing an overnighter, top effort

4: The Fish Hook Trophy and spinning rod and reel kindly put up by Marlin Mike , well this went Harry01 for a nice flattie

5: The Alvey Brass Yabbie Pump Trophy: well the biggest trophy of all went to Craigie with a 156gram Squid. Well just goes to show what you can win at these Ausfish events, I think Craigie walked off with some Bush n Beach and Ausfish gear , keyrings etc scratching his head.. but remember Craigie its a perpetual trophy, you got to come back next year and get a bigger squid;D

Other notable recipients of various prizes:

The Jigging Prize: had to go to TOL, well he complained so much about dropping fish well we thought maybe jigs would help:P

Herm: Well herm lodged the biggest VMR prawn

Johno: lodged the biggest pillie of the day:o

I had a great time and again thanks to Ausfishers and VMR for wacking on a great barbie, next year hopefully we can do it all again and special thanks to Finga for all his efforts, if anyone saw the trophies they know what i mean, Webby and Craigie, have the perpetual trophies to look after for a year

cheers
Mike

2DKnBJ
10-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Did anybody(other than tol and webby) get any fish and what one the prizes?

Foggy
Seeing as you asked i will answer that shortly.:D

First off a big thanks to Mike (Aigutso) for getting this organised.You couldn't have picked a better day weather wise.Somehow i think the weather was to good for the fish and they had other plans for the day and this did not include us::)

A special thanks has to go to the crew fron VMR Viccy Point for allowing us to use their ammenities and for putting on a top feed:tekst-toppie:

Always good to meet new members and catch up with some old faces.

Herm
When you have a family that like seafood you learn to peel prawns very quickly.

As for the prizes that were donated for the day thanks must go to the following
Finga,Ausfish,Bush N Beach,T1(Home Sweet Loans)

For a change i actually caught a few fish.Nothing special but a feed none the less.
Now to answer your question Foggy these pics might fill in the gaps
http://www.inaneasylum.org/users/2DKnB/Boating/2007_1209image0010.jpg

http://www.inaneasylum.org/users/2DKnB/Boating/2007_1209image0013.jpg
Along with these is a $100.00 gift voucher at tackle world.

See you all at the next M&G.
Have a safe and happy Xmas.

Cheers Dazza

thesav
10-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Sorry I missed the day and surprised Craigie made it after our massive Xmas drinks on Friday night. Can't believe he won a trophy for catching a squid - I buy that stuff for bait.
Be at the next one guys.
Regards
Sav

finga
11-12-2007, 06:25 AM
Goodo Dazza....looks like it all went straight to the poolroom :D

Covertfly
11-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Hi All,

Well i'm back at work again down South of the border (Nowra - JB) Big Thank you to all and thankyou for putting on a great day.

Big Thanks to VMR for Raffle prizes - Bottle of QLD Liquid Gold (Bunddy Rum) and the case of Beer.

Lucky me - a Nice bottle of Gods Country Rum and as it was could have been both the Rum and Case of Mid too - but i'm not greedy, Luckily Herm got the case of Beer in the end. Yes Janine you got it right - That was me (Covertfly - Craig) So many Craig's around these days. I think we need to create an association of Craig - Free membership - no meetings just have to have the name Craig - Easy - We could even let people with the last name of Craig in too.

and for those asking i only had 6 tickets - honest

I'll crack the bottle on my return to Sunny QLD around New years Eve and if any of you are about just after New years i'll be happy to bring it out and enjoy a few drinks with you all.

On that Note I'd be up for an other fishex if anyone's interested or in need of deckie and not going away early Jan. Say either the 3rd or 4th of Jan would suit me, anyone interested?? - I'll be able to bring more gear with me this time as i am driving up - Also if someone is interested and they also have a Kayak i'll have mine with me so could go chasing some Bass etc or Bream in the canals etc.

Mike (Aigutso) - happy to show you a few tricks with your electric if you like?

Craigie - would also be good to open the fish account with more than a Squidly next time. (Sorry you had to take the Trophy - Opps is that an omission - No, it was a team effort - LOL )

Again Big thankyou to all involved and good to put some faces to names - Will keep you all posted on my activities down hear in the south and hope to be able to attend another M&G next year.

Good luck also to all involved in the boat rally coming up on Sat I hope all goes well and to plan.

Craig

T1
11-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Congratulations to everyone who won a prize! It certainly looked like a great weekend on the water and due to a number of factors, i was unfortunately unable to attend!

Nonetheless, DAZZA, T/World have a sale on Gulps at the moment - buy 2 and get one one free so may be a good chance to maximise your stocks if you're into SP's!

As for WEBBY, 2 trophies in one year! Champion!!

Hopefully next year we can up the ante in the prize stakes and make it bigger and better! Well done to Mike and everyone involved in the organisation of another great M&G!

Take Care T

webby
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Yes a big Thanks to VMR Vicky Pt for a top effort on the day, and to think i nearly had to use your services ???
Thanks to Mike and Phill and all the Donors of Prizes.
Shame the numbers at the BBQ we down, they missed out on a great arvo.
Someone stole my Rum didnt they Craig .
Dazza you exceeded your expetations, well done mate for the solo time put in, you deserved everything you got.
The gold yabbie pump will i'm sure take pride of place in Fisheries, wont it Craigie.
Meet a few new faces and put some real names against others.
That Husband, Wife and Kids team always seem to go home with a boot full of prizes ??????

SAV, told Craigie to tell you to get your finger out and get the Fresh Water Thingy organized, you no the one you promised 10 years ago.

Also Thanks to Finga for the dongers mate, i can now retire the steel bar, which Tol had trubs lifting that morning.

Foggy, Tol exceeded himself and now knows what all you zzzzzz's blokes means.
To everyone have a safe and happy xmas, and see you on the water after the silly season.
regards

Covertfly
11-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Webby,

Yes lucky me, haven't cracked it yet - as i said - i'll be back up that way post Xmas so chance to catch up again and probably get stuck into it then. your more than welcome to join me. Will keep in touch

Craig:)

Poodroo
11-12-2007, 06:47 PM
As always going to an Ausfish gathering is a pleasurable experience and this one was no exception. Well done Aigutso, Phill, Finga essentially for the effort you guys put in to make it possible. Was great to catch up to some old faces and as always meet some new faces to put to the names on here. To the guys at VMR a big congratulations for the great feed and I hope that some necessary funds were raised. A swell bunch of guys at VMR Victoria Point and a great community spirit was shown when a group of boy scouts turned up inthe park and the boys from VMR decided to make their day and hand over all the left over prawns and party pies etc. It was well received as I checked in with them on my way to the car. Smiles all around which makes it such nice gesture. Well done!

Regards,

Poodroo

moreton
11-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Oh well that was the M&G Ausfish Christmas party for 2007.
As Vice Commodore of VMR Victoria Point I would like to state that the day was not about raising funds or putting fuel into boats or training, it was coming together with some very good friends of ours, who have very similar interests and trying to show our apreciation to the people that really care about every thing nautical. The Ausfish site is a wealth of information for any boatie no matter what their experience, we can always learn from each other.
I thank Steve Brown, Lucky Phill and Aigusto for a great event and offer the services of VMR Victoria Point for the M&G Christmas party 2008 if you will have us.
Cheers Ian (moreton)