PDA

View Full Version : REWARD,,,, shimano gear goes walkabout

choppa
22-10-2007, 07:57 AM
last monday morning,,,15/10/07,,,, mrs choppa had a very quick errand to do by way of picking up chopjr and returning home,,,,

when she did pull back in the driveway,, she noticed the side gate was opened,,, and didn't think too much about it,,, until she heard a noise inside the house,,,, upon entering,,, the back patio glass door was wide opened,,, and a quick search revealed that my camera gear,, that was in the study,, had disappeared,,,

kodak digital dx7750,,,,, and a digital jvc video camera,,,,

everything else was in order,,,, nothing else """seemed """ missing,,,

a quick search of the garage revealed the mess that its always been in,,, with tools/gear etc not touched

YESTERDAY MORNING,,,, i decide to spend a few hours down the passage,,, and loaded the truck,,, went to get the rods and yep,,,, there gone

total loss,,,,,,,

1 NEW shimano catana 7' spin rod, complete with Aernos 2000xt reel,,, loaded with 6lb mono

2 NEW shimano 6'6" catana boat rods,, both have Aernos 6000xt's, 6lb,12lb mono

1 shimano Ugly Stik, 7'6", complete with TSS4,

1 6'6" shimano Ugly Stik, with a shimano BTR3500

1 shimano "Ugly Stik" promotional tackle bag,, with either 3 or 4 plastic tackle box inserts,,

2 other miscellanous rod combo's,, that have more sentimental value than $ value

***** it seems strange i know,, that nearly a week has passed and i've only just noticed these items gone,,,, mrs choppa did have a look in the garage on the day,,, saw all the power tools/garden tools untouched,,, saw a couple of rods etc and ASSUMED that nothing was taken,,,, after all she wasn't gone that long

i work 6 days a week,,,, leave home around 6ish and get back around 7ish,,,, and to put it bluntly,,, i was thankful that it was only the camera gear that went walkabout, as it was sitting next to the laptop, (which was just starting to get packed up by the culprit), and other items in the study that would have been so easy to take

no these people KNEW what they were after,,, the rods were all in a abu garcia rod holder,,, AT THE BACK OF THE SHED,,,, the camera's,, you have to walk through 2 rooms to get to the study,,,, one of those rooms had the NEW spin rod combo,,, and another boat rod combo sitting on the bench in plain view,, of which is being used for next months M&G,,, and my suspicions grow longer

i'm offering a reward for any info that anyone has that can assist in finding who may be responsible,,,, the local pawnshops etc etc are aware of the gear has walked,, but like normal,,, fishing gear seldom gets pawned if its stolen,,,, normally sold through word of mouth,,,

choppa

Mrs Ronnie H
22-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Hi Choppa

Sorry to hear what s happennned . Makes you wonder how many lowlifes there are out there.

On the other hand have you thought it might be someone you know or have met recently. Quite often thats what happens.

hope the insurance is up to date but I know its not the point of it at all. Some things just can't be replaced.

Coming up to Xmas and you should try the markets or the pawn shops. Found my ring in one.

Good luck and hope you might recover some of your gear.

Sometimes living in a small town we often hear of stuff on the grapevine. Will ask the youg ones to keep their ears open..

Ronnie

lippa
22-10-2007, 09:46 AM
sorry to hear chop, hope ya get the bastards!

cheers

lippa

Tailortaker
22-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Sorry to hear this Choppa, I'll keep a ear out. I had better start being a bit more carefull at home as I tend to leave stuff unsecured cause I got a dog in the yard but I'm sure that he would let them take what they wanted in exchange for a pat. I they get caught.
Cheers Grant
________
Xxx video tube (http://www.####tube.com/)

choppa
22-10-2007, 04:07 PM
ronnie,,, i have a suspicion that i owe you a thank you perhaps???????

pm me if so,,,,

1 catana 7',,,, 1 catana 6'6",, & 1 ugly stik all complete with reels ,,,, ummmmmmm returned,,, the balance of items i'm assured will be also,,, i've been asked to give them 24 hrs,,,,,

we'll see what eventuates

choppa

tunaticer
22-10-2007, 04:46 PM
You are a very lucky fella Choppa, Probably the first time I have ever heard of fishign gear mysteriously returning. I would be shouting a few beers at least if thengs come back to the right persons involved. The wrong persons well I have very bad tinitis and industrial deafness and very acute selective hearing unfortunately.

Jack.

choppa
22-10-2007, 08:01 PM
jack,,,, understand what your saying,,, its a case of not what you know,,, but who,,,,,

the old choppa isn't bragging,,, but the tackle bag has also been located and returned,,,,,

i must add,, that the response from the local boys in blue is absolutely outstanding,,, the theft was reported as soon as mrs choppa phoned me on monday morning,,, they took down particulars of the camera gear,,, and instructed us NOT TO TOUCH OR MOVE laptop or any other items near it,,,,

its been a week,,, i still haven't touched it,,,,,,,, reported the additional rods n stuff after i literally spat the dummy yesterday,,, and mrs choppa had to once more go down and fill in forms this morning,,,, again,,, don't touch anything was the instruction,,,,

i know these guys get busy,,, christ sake my late old man spent 25 yrs in the force,,,, but if i wait any longer,,,,and if the culprits do surrender themselves,,, they'll get a pardon due to age restrictions

choppa

2DKnBJ
22-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Seems as though you have had a lucky day Choppa with all the gear mysteriously finding it's way back to where it belongs.
Sometimes you can be lucky.

Cheers Dazza

choppa
22-10-2007, 09:32 PM
i'll fill you in at the M&G dazza,,,,,, lucky,,, nahhh

choppa

Crestcutter
22-10-2007, 09:55 PM
I lost a 800 dollar combo here on the Island, lucky it's a small community of 3500 people and i know most of them otherwise i would have never have got it back.

As for the law with these matters i think they are just to dam busy, i dont see it as there fault i see it as mass under staffing like our hosptital system.

It was also very lucky for the bloke that ripped me off that i was very good friends with his parents other wise things may have ended differently.

Glad you are getting some of your gear back Chop. I have a spare engine block here if ya wanna take a run out to the 50's mate.

Darryl.

FNQCairns
22-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Totally amazing story!! Just great you are getting your stuff back! So often it who you know or neighbours or friends of neighbours etc and not just bad luck.

Would love to hear a story educating others on what can happen, non commiting of coarse -if possible.

cheers fnq

Tailortaker
23-10-2007, 10:57 AM
G'day Choppa, good to see the gear returning. So are they known local theives? Be interested to hear the story.
Cheers Grant
________
Sick From Zoloft (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/zoloft/)

Mrs Ronnie H
23-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Choppa

Sent you a PM

Ronnie

Dirtysanchez
24-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Too much secret stuff going on here - what happened and how did you manage to get the stuff back Chop ?

Noelm
24-10-2007, 03:19 PM
I must admit I am a tad curious as well, was there some tip off and some large "bouncers" involved?? or was it just a simple "returned, no questions asked??"

DR
24-10-2007, 03:40 PM
I must admit I am a tad curious as well, was there some tip off and some large "bouncers" involved?? or was it just a simple "returned, no questions asked??"

if i had someone named 'Choppa' after me, i would be a little concerned :(

mmmmmmm always makes me think of uncle chop chop??:-[

Mrs Ronnie H
24-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Hi GUYS
No secrets from my side ---I did ask around and maybe it did pay off. Whatever happenned its just nice to hear that Choppa is getting his gear back. Maybe Mrs Choppa will feel better now to.

Ronnie

choppa
25-10-2007, 06:06 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D

there is no cloak n dagger stuff here,,,, truly

the ""secret"" is simply that i have a close relative that is in touch with ""most"" of the people that we read about at certain times in newspapers etc etc

the word was put out on sunday arvo that my fishing gear was missing and he wanted it back,,, before he returns from a trip to sydney,,,

the ""local"" grapevine is working well,,,,,,,,,,,

i thought ronnie may have ""uncovered"" something as a phone call was received by mrs choppa to collect the rods from someone who i believe lives in her territory,,, this has since been discovered incorrect,,,

funny side to this ""saga"" is i was that p%$**ed off on monday morning,,, i actually spent 700 replacing the gear,,,,,, oh well,, wasn't there a thread on how many rods is too many;D ;D

this relative is back on saturday,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we'll see if any more stuff returns

according to the local sheriffs,,, 9 houses were hit in the vicinity of mine on the day,,, so i wasn't really a target,,, for those of you that have been here,,, you're aware that the property backs onto the new golf course,,, this is probably where they came in from,,,,

choppa

Noelm
25-10-2007, 11:49 AM
AAHH I see, I knew of a guy that lived in my neighbourhood that had been known to "come by things" from time to time, I guess he let it be too common knowledge as his house was raided and a lot of stuff was found, needless to say, he is now "out of business" for I hope quite a few years! I guess it is guys like these that make the Black market thrive, but in your case it has worked FOR you, so best of luck, I had quite a few Thousand dollars worth of gear stolen and never saw it again.

choppa
25-10-2007, 01:40 PM
similar circumstance noelm,,, but the call we got from beachmere was ""1"" of those in the know,,,, he had nothing to do with the actual theft,,,, just knew where those particular items were,,,, and we have a 90% idea on where the balance is,,,

a matter of wait n see at this moment,,,, but its interesting,,,,according to sources there's 2 local boys a bit wary at the 'mo

choppa