PDA

View Full Version : Borumba Dam

QUITCHABITCHEN
18-10-2007, 12:20 PM
All Right, I Am Getting Desperate. Been In The Basstasstic All Year And Have Not Caught A Bass. In The Grand Final We Are Going To Burumba. Now No Fishy Stories. Can You Help With The Object Of My Interest:-[ How Do I Catch A Bass????????? I Know That They Live In Water <fresh. But How Do Youget Them On The Line. The Rest Should Not Be A Problem As I Have My Fishing Mate Ckook With Me

The Phantom
18-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Was up there about 3 weeks age & they were going gangbusters on shrimp.

QUITCHABITCHEN
18-10-2007, 02:01 PM
not allowed fresh bait. only allowed to cast.

darylive
18-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Bite the bullet and buy a masked vibe jackal that and some sliders and squidgee fish. Cast to the edge of the weeds and let it sink then then lift wind let sink.
Don't be in a hurry.

Was Eugine catching any?

Also try jigging in the open water. Green and Gold colours have been good at Borumba. When is the comp.

The Phantom
18-10-2007, 02:44 PM
See the caretaker at the Dam Caravan Park. He makes his own lures which seem to work OK

QUITCHABITCHEN
18-10-2007, 03:27 PM
You name it Ihave it. Will try the whole tackle box if i have 2.

QUITCHABITCHEN
18-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Sorry, about the 8th november

Mike Delisser
18-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Hi Quitcha
Darylive's right, find the fish on your sounder then slow roll sliders & hop masks between the wall and the timber or maybe Jackalls on the edges, then up in the timber try spinnerbaits or Jackalls. If all this fails just follow Greenie.
See you up there.
BTW was that you that won the boat at Somerset?
Cheers
Mike

QUITCHABITCHEN
19-10-2007, 06:59 AM
Hi Quitcha
Darylive's right, find the fish on your sounder then slow roll sliders & hop masks between the wall and the timber or maybe Jackalls on the edges, then up in the timber try spinnerbaits or Jackalls. If all this fails just follow Greenie.
See you up there.
Cheers
Mike
New to reply posts. NO, It was my fishing mate chook. we have both won a tinny now we now have the BBQ CHOOK 2. yOU PROMISED ME A BASS REMEMBER. I have benn very ill and was unable to go out for only the morning sesssion . Chook had problems with the water skiers and the wind so she came in. Yes we will see you at Burumba. Which boat? tinny or hubbys 4.78 top ender with 75 mec on back., so we can be up with you guys or in front, maybe even follow you.:P

QUITCHABITCHEN
19-10-2007, 07:07 AM
Sorry Kurt, I dont know if my message came through to you,yes chook and I are going to the Lions Comp. Hit the old boy up for the big boat.Can you please let us know where we can pay noms.

Jeremy87
19-10-2007, 12:31 PM
All year! Maybe you should take up golf.
But seriously once you get your first fish and a confidence boost then they'll come flying in. Comps are netorious for bad fishing as the number of boats becomes an issue. It might be a better idea to catch a few out of comps first. If you feel like heading into the timber at borumba look for the stretches of water of higher temp. cast plastics, spinnerbaits etc at the bank and standing timber and work them back slowly. shallow bays coming off the main creek are normally more productive.

roydsy
19-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Only fished borumba a few dozen times and almost always the nilsmaster spearhead in black or grey with (red tiger stripes) works very well casting ina round 6-10 ft of water in an around the trees. The toga's take to them also.

Also, jackall tn60 green ayu or if you get really desperate to get a bass on, chuck a small stump jumper out and troll up and around the deeper water of the eagles nest (toga bay) and you will come across some bass schools for sure. Is trolling allowed?

So far I have had most success out my canoe when fishing there (stealth) but a small tinny also good. When I take the full boar there its a bit big for in and around the timber.

I am yet to catch a bass on spinnerbait there, don't know why but probably mainly because my nilsmasters work so well.

roydsy

Jeremy87
19-10-2007, 01:31 PM
I am yet to catch a bass on spinnerbait there, don't know why but probably mainly because my nilsmasters work so well.

roydsy

Isn't that the way. I've always said the best lure to use is the one tied to your line. It's like alot of blokes catching jacks on sx40's at the moment, ideally not a very good lure for jacks but if you present it properly then you'll come up trumps. The same goes with me never catching a fish on a jackall, by all accounts they are great lures, but i never use them so they never catch fish for me.

Sniper
19-10-2007, 08:34 PM
QUITCHABITCHEN, was up there competing in the last round of the Minibucks comp last weekend and found the fish out on the flats around the points. We were hopping Mask Vibs and using fly. Didn't really want to touch the soft plastics but that could be another story a week later. Also, we caught fish hopping Mask Vibs again down the rock walls and using TN60s casting to the steepish banks. Long sloping banks didn't seem to produce much. Spinnerbaits in the timbers also produced the goods. Just got to be in the right place when they decide to bite. Very short bite windows at the moment. Hope this helps.
Bill

secret squirrel
20-10-2007, 07:22 PM
that's a cool name..... did you borrow that name of your daughter's boat.......

QUITCHABITCHEN
22-10-2007, 06:10 AM
Hi Quitcha
See you up there.
Cheers
Mike
When you say on the sounder. Do you mean on the black and grey that only shows up mangrove leaves according to my husband or the colour one I want so I can tell the difference

QUITCHABITCHEN
22-10-2007, 06:16 AM
Thank everyone for all the info but it still comes downto right place ,right time, right bait. Yes secret squirrel it is my daughters boat, I like the name and what I say to hubby when Chook and I want to Borrow his boat.