PDA

View Full Version : lenthalls Dam

darylive
18-10-2007, 11:41 AM
:o Dear Fish Finders,

I am contemplating a trip to Lenthalls lake / dam. I believe the rules are no more than a 6hp outboard (unless you are making a TV show apparently).

I am content to use my Minn Kota only; but do I have to remove the Yamaha from the back >:( or just not use it? :-/

aussiebasser
18-10-2007, 11:48 AM
You will not be permitted to launch with the big motor on. It must be removed.

QUITCHABITCHEN
18-10-2007, 12:03 PM
If you are going to Lenthalls could you please do me a favour and see if you can retrieve my favorite fishing rod and reel. Its name was Eugene. We parted company when the seat collapsed in the tinny.,when we were doing the Basstasstic last year. Try as we might it has never been found.

darylive
18-10-2007, 02:27 PM
:'( Well taking the motor off is a bloody pain. thanks for the info.

I will keep an eye out for eugene and be sure and let you know 8-)

wamjam
18-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Gday I was hoping to go there next month but removing the 25hp sounds a bit harsh . Is there anyone there to police this rule ?.::)
wamjam

Jeremy87
18-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Yes, there is a locked gate that has to be opened for each person entering, monduran is only another 2 hours up the road and you can fish as long as you want

wamjam
19-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Im going to Hervey bay for a week and thought it would be handy for quick fish. BZZZ
wamjam

rossco
20-10-2007, 09:07 PM
G'day wamjam, there was a reasonably large fish kill there from the reports that I heard,monduran is fishing well from all the reports on here, may save wasted time if people on here can help out with more info.
cheers rossco

darylive
22-10-2007, 02:23 PM
For the Info of all, thanks for your interest and input. I have had a PM from the authorities Mark Vanner Wide Bay Water, as follows; :(

Well so much the cut and paste theory :-[

In short there is no option to go on Lenthals without removing the outboard so :P

I am heading to Monduran ;)

Thanks again and thanks Mark for the right drum.