PDA

View Full Version : Inox Spray

rando
16-10-2007, 12:37 PM
I got some inox spray on my braid while i was cleaning my reel.
Will it damage the line???

You should try to avoid this event if possible , It makes tying on your leader near impossible
How do i rectify the problem??

Roo
16-10-2007, 01:53 PM
I've not had a problem if a bit of overspray gets on the braid. I use the little tube nozzle to limit over spray. I believe Inox is vegetable based and is approved for use on food manufacturing equipment so i don't think it is too nasty. maybe a little slippery.
Cheers Roo.

Poseidon
16-10-2007, 03:48 PM
I wouldn't think it would be an issue for the same reasons mentioned above. I try to avoid contact with the braid by squirting the Inox onto a rag and then wiping the reel however in the past have gotten it all over the place and it didn't seem to affect the braid at all.

Regards Cameron.

JB
16-10-2007, 04:00 PM
I have been spraying it all over my reels for years with no line damage.

revs57
16-10-2007, 04:26 PM
yeah, no harm done Rando....zzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz...ping!!!!:o :oonly kidding;D;D;D;D

rando
16-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah thanks guys. I just wasnt sure as I got a pretty good squirt onto the line .
I must have tied the leader on twenty times and it would not lock-up tight.
And before you say it ,,,yes Iwas tying it right.

Rhys
Funny as a heart attack you are;D what you been up to old chap?.
havent seen any riptide reports lately

Fafnir
16-10-2007, 08:37 PM
I cover my reels in it, and spray it directly onto the line. I leave it sit for about an hour and then wipe off the excess, have never had a problem with it, even though my braid gets soaked in the stuff.

rando
16-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Thats interesting Fafnir, no problems with knots slipping then??
what size line.
I finally got a knot to lock by going up to 20lb leader( 12lb simply wouldnt hold)
I ended up with four massive braid cuts in my hands trying to get the leader tied over & over.

Fafnir
17-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Thats interesting Fafnir, no problems with knots slipping then??
what size line.

No problems with knots slipping. But like I say I wipe it down afterwards. I always use a double in the braid, don't know if this helps.

Line strengths are 20lb to 30lb typically but on my light sp gear it's more like 6lb to 8 lb have never had a problem with it.

I read an article about 2 years ago now, where a charter skipper from Cairns was saying he soaks all his gear, line and all in inox after each trip. He claimed it had never damaged his mono, and from memory he said it hadn't affected any braid he had used it on as well. Which was great for me, because I couldn't be bothered being careful not to get it on my line.

alleycat
17-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Just get a piece of paper and hold it in front of the spool when you spray the reel, spray from the side and you wont get any on the line.

Rodman
17-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Mate

Give the spool a good wash in warm soapy water that should remove the vege base spray.

Ken

revs57
17-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Yeah Rob, the last couple of trips have been scenic tours only, and now the weather has turned shizenhausen and blowin its ring out...maybe early next week? I need a fix bad!!!!

Cheers

Rhys

rando
17-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Yeah Rhys
Ive got the shakes too.
Cheech has just been to 1770 so he wont have brownie points and Darren (Wife Swap) has had too move house and the boat is still full of stuff.
Yeah Mon /tues looks OK,, I tried to get Craig interested this morning but he didnt take the bait.
Oh Well!! looks like its the DTs for me.;D