PDA

View Full Version : AMM or Seastorm

Nobites
15-10-2007, 06:59 AM
Can anyone please comment on their experiences with these two boat manufacturers. I am in the market for a boat and like the finish and build of these two brands.

Would like both positive and negative experiences please.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
No_bites

Blackened
15-10-2007, 07:21 AM
G'day

Both very reputable, I suggest you go down to each workshop and chat to the builder belly to belly

Dave

Stuart
15-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Like all boats some are bad some are good, some have good features while some bad. I have been in both and both could be so much more. I personally found that the feel of the boat was designed by some one that doesn’t spend much time on the water. The freeboard on both boats was in my mind dangerous. The Sea storm was around 650 and the AMM was around the same, not good or even safe. I don’t like the AMM’s fuel tank design. It incorporates the bottom sheet and 2 frames plus the floor as the tank. The finish of the AMM was very nice however the cracking of the paint was a serious concern. The finish of the Sea storm was pretty bad; the welds had heaps of porosity “air holes”. The two side sheets where warped from heat distortion and the paint had heaps of runs in it.

The rid for both boats was similar, while the interior fit out was around the same as well. The Sea storm boat I had a look at the last Brisbane boat show was finished beautifully, the free board was still an issue for me though.

Stu

Wahoo
15-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Hi N/B
cant really comment on the seastorm they look good thou
i had a 5m AMM.. things must of changed in the last year or so as my fuel tank was in a seperate tank which you could pull out ( 100 l ) very well built boat and ride was great, only thing it was a heavy boat for that size... hull, sides and floor was all 4mm plate, IMHO min hp would be 90hp.
what size are you looking at? there is only a few plate builders i would trust out there and AMM is one

cheers
Daz

Jono_SS
15-10-2007, 08:33 PM
I have a little AMM (4.5m), which is unlikely to be comparable to what you are looking at. however, as far as the AMM team go, I have nothing but good things to say about the guys and girls down at the factory.

incidentally, in my boat, the fuel tank was "dropped into" position i.e. it is separate from the boat (apart from the lid which is part of the deck - but the tank floor is definitely not the bottom sheet of the boat).

the only paint issues I've had have been where I have accidentally scraped it off with either the control box on my tiller!