PDA

View Full Version : HH 530 breeze V HH 530 classic

Gozz
14-10-2007, 06:42 PM
How's it going guys.
Any idea what the difference is between the two boats.
They look the same to me,is it just the age thing where the classic is the older brother.
What are they like in ride and stability at rest.
I like the looks of them.
Thank you.

death_ship
14-10-2007, 07:26 PM
the breeze is a cheaper version of the classic, lighter build too i think.

bustastu
14-10-2007, 07:44 PM
GOZZ

The Breeze range is cheaper than the Classic and in the 530 model, its 30 kg lighter. (650kg as opposed to 680kg) The Classic range has cockpit carpet, different padded linings, seats etc.. They both have the same hull, running gear etc, the difference is like buying a Commodore to a Calis.

I recently bought a 580 breeze and decided it wasn't worth paying the extra thousands for the Classic model. Its just for fishing isn't it?? I'd rather spend the money on a better GPS / Sounder / Fishing Gear and all that tackle you'll need.

Anyway, Haines Hunter have always had good performance and stable hulls. If your tossing up between the two of them, I'd spend a little more and get the 580 Breeze. Check out the HH web site for all of their models and statistics. I'm very happy with mine although like all boat owners, I'd like a bigger one.

Happy Hunting.

breeze53
14-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Hi Gozz,

As Bustastu says, the Breeze range is a more basic fit out. In the 530, the Classic comes fitted with extras like moulded seat boxes, carpet, cloth trim on the bunks and cabin lining, where as the Breeze has pedestal mounted seats, vinyl bunk cushions and no cabin lining etc. Otherwise they are the same boat.

If you are buying new, then you could possibly tailor some of these things to your own taste by building on the Breeze as a base. For example, I ordered my 530 Breeze with seat boxes fitted at the factory. See attached pic.

Other things you can easily add yourself for cheaper, like carpet to the cockpit floor, your own style of bait table (if your a fisherman) etc.

Regarding ride and stability, it is a very subjective thing depending on where you intend to use the boat, how many people aboard, how much fishing gear / fuel you intend to carry, and what you compare it against etc. I don't know your experience, but, remember these are deep V hulls, so they will always rock around more and react to windage more than a flatter bottomed hull. The best advice, is to take one on the water and try before you buy.

I use mine a lot in Moreton Bay (top end and bottom end), and if you are sensible with speed to suit the conditions, and fine tune the trim, you can get a fairly comfortable ride on a fairly choppy day. At rest, I reckon the best test for this is to take the Mrs out, as I do on most trips, and the only time she complains is when we are several miles off the top of Moreton or Mooloolaba with a short and sharp swell. Hard to explain in words, but hopefully that gives you an idea.

Have had mine for 3 + years, clocked approx 230 engine hours, overnighted a few times, and still believe that it is a good allround size and capability for a wide range of boating tasks. Having said that, no-one would disagree with Bustastu, that plans for a bigger one is always on the mind.;D

Gozz
15-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Thank you for your replies.
I mainly fish port phillip bay and I'll fish almost any condition.
When the snapper come on I turn a little silly.
I fish with my mates who have barcrushers and if I had the money I would own one to but I only have about 28 to 30 max to spend.
I own a 530 stacer which bangs and bashes which is the reason why I want a soft riding hull.
I have 2 small kids who I want to start taking out soon so thats why a stable boats is also important.
Another boat I like is the mustang 1750 tournament but also hard to find at the moment second hand.
I've been in a haines hunter 17R before which was very very soft and fairly stable,any idea if the 530 breeze compares to it.
Thanks.

sik008
15-10-2007, 05:16 PM
we had a 580 breeze and it rode alright however it is very light and in choppy seas it used to be abit uncomfortable, upgraded to the bigger version, 680 patriot and love it..
The classics are abit heavier and better set out than the breeze but is still a great boat.

TJ Bear
15-10-2007, 06:58 PM
The difference between a Breeze and a Classic in the 530 and 580 Haines is that the Classic has a 3/4 liner and the Breeze has a flowcoat and speckle finish over the glassed timber floor. Personally I would go for the Breeze.