PDA

View Full Version : Nudgee creek, any good?

Worm Bait
14-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Ive been doing a bit of fishing lately in the nudgee creeks and picked up some good flat head around jacksons on sp's, but am wondering what other types of fish are in the area? Bream, Jacks?

Do use sp's or bait etc?

Cheers.

VoodooChile78
14-10-2007, 06:49 PM
I have thought about fishing Around there with SP's for flathead...are you wading out? I am new to SP's and have not really had a good crack with them.

VoodooChile78
14-10-2007, 06:49 PM
I have thought about fishing Around there with SP's for flathead...are you wading out? I am new to SP's and have not really had a good crack with them.

tunaticer
14-10-2007, 07:06 PM
My grandfather lives locally to nudgee creek / shultz's canal. I presume it is Shultz's canal you are naming as nudgee creek?

Anyways my GF regularly fishes the canal and its mouth with baits an occasionally with lures for very small results landbased. I have taken him out in the boat trolling hard bodies along the banks and picked up some decent flathead on each pass. However the big surprise to him was when i took him wading the mangroves at high tide just after dawn a yr ago. We threw small hard bods on light gear in amongst the mangrove trees along nudgee beach and between us we scored well over a dozen takeable fish for the one session.

He has since done it several times solo and has produced a good meal or two each session.

My opinion is concentrate on the mangroves in water less than 3 feet deep and you will find more fish willing to take your hooks.

Jack.

Worm Bait
14-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Voodoochile, i have caught plenty of flathead of the shore in front of the dog off leash area and also on the bank directly across from it at the mouth. i use 80mm squidgy silver fish, It has proved very effective. you shouldn't need to be wading out, all the flathead seem to be laying in the shallows only a few meters out.

tried today though for a few hours and couldn't get so much as a bite, maybe it's to do with the thousands of jelly fish that fill the water.

hope this helps

haggis
14-10-2007, 08:13 PM
I have caught good flatties & legal bream up nudgee creek where it splits and one way goes up to toombul shopping centre , also down at the old ramp at the airport side of nudgee on storm sps - rattle holographic grub 4 inch weighted with quarter oz weighted hook .
hope that helps . cheers haggis .................