PDA

View Full Version : A low Act

Essence
14-10-2007, 04:36 PM
A very sad post,
Last night, following on from other fire bug incidents in the area Dreamdays was torched.
Fortunately the Queensland Fire Brigade out of pure chance were in the street attending another fire, whilst turning their truck around, spotted smoke coming from her, and in an instant she went up in flames.
Their fast action, saved the fuel tank from exploding and to see the excellent work performed by the Fire Brigade team first hand, they deserve absolute praise and applause.
Queensland Police also were outstanding in their reaction and after a long day today believe they have matters well in hand.

Our services receive bad press from time to time, this is time they deserve praise.
Deb

PinHead
14-10-2007, 04:45 PM
what area is that ???

SIRO
14-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Sorry to hear about this dude , just hope they catch the germs and throw the bloody book at 'em.

>:( >:( >:(

fish-n-dive
14-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Mate, you must be gutted....I would be fuming after something like this....it really burns me up when some low life spoils someones fun.........(excuse the puns).........I suspect that there are way more good emergency services members than bad ones............anyhow, I hope your back on the water soon.......;)

Essence
14-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks guys, Bne south is area

tunaticer
14-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Geez what i wouldnt give to have a few hours with these guys that did that to your boat or to anyone elses property. It couldnt ever be a legal way to handle a situation but by george they would definitely never think about straying from normality again.

Jack.

charleville
14-10-2007, 05:11 PM
A very sorry story. Very sorry to see that happen to you. :(

I hope that your insurance company is a good one and that the boat is restored to better than new.

I sure don't understand wanton acts of vandalism nor graffitti. There are some freaky people out there who really do need to get a life.

Best wishes for everything to turn out fine for you.

Flattie Assassin
14-10-2007, 05:16 PM
wow i hope you were insured ::) sad loss indeed.

Luc
14-10-2007, 10:10 PM
That's definitely a low blow.

Hope your insurance helps you to get back on the water soon.

If they get caught, a good trashing is in order.

Luc

Poodroo
15-10-2007, 05:38 AM
What a world we live in. Words fail me. Sad to think that we share this world with idiots with such low IQ's that do that sort of thing. I don't what is sadder, the fact that they can torch someone's pride and joy or the fact that our taxes are paying to keep these bums unemployed with nothing better to do.

Poodroo

Sean
15-10-2007, 06:15 AM
Dic******s! Sorry mate, Hope you were insured. Sean

wags on the water
15-10-2007, 06:53 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Throwing the book at these people won't stop them doing it again. How about a public flogging for firebugs and thieves?
Hope you're back on the water soon.

Essence
15-10-2007, 08:38 AM
G'day everyone
She is comprehensively insured, that merry go round will start after 9 this morning (don't work weekends, just call centres recording what happened). etc

The thing that really annoys me, quite simply they are feral for a reason.
Today is wasted sorting out insurance
She will either get fixed or go, either way it won't stop me from getting back on the water fishing, and other than today, dealing with the insurance side, I am going to back to work tomorrow, flying away as usual

rando
15-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Thats crook mate,
The germ that did this must have been nearby watching his handy-work, because it doesn't take long for a glass boat to go up.
I hope it all turns out well, and quickly for you

Dirtysanchez
15-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Thats terrible, I am so sorry to hear about this.
Now you said there was another fire in the street, could it be:
1) the same clown who lit that one lit your boat fire ?
2) Some embers from that fire floated on the breeze to your boat ?
Either way its Irrelevant I guess, thats just a crap thing to happen to a fisho

All the best for a speedy turnaround on repairs / replacement

Russell

el_carpo
15-10-2007, 03:03 PM
What a rat to do something like that! I'm so sick of this type of thing. Little scumbags having a bit of fun!

Yeah, we had some stuff like that over here too. Some skinhead scum decided it was funny to violently shove Asian fishermen into the water here along the Chicago lake front on Lake Michigan. Well, the first two guys were able to get out all right but the third guy wasn't! A sixty-two year old man DIED because some jerk decided to have some "fun." Now, that jerk is going to jail for MURDER! Boy, what fun eh?!

It got pretty intense. Before they caught the guy, the area fishermen were ready for war. You stayed close and kept on eye out for trouble. The attacks were separate and we didn't know who was committing the crimes or why. The guy turned himself in. Probably got scared. I guarantee he wouldn't have survived a fourth attack. Everyone had their fillet knives handy.

Sorry they ruined your boat. Hope it works out for you and you catch a ton of fish. You deserve to after this headache.

EC

cuzzamundi
15-10-2007, 03:17 PM
A low act indeed mate, probably the same mongrel who lit the first fire. I'm relieved to see that you're insured, so i hope the party does the right thing and compensates you fully. Hopefully not too much stuffing around for you so you can be out on the water soon mate.

cuzza

reel scream
15-10-2007, 05:42 PM
They should be forced to eat their nuts!!!!

Scalem
15-10-2007, 05:52 PM
That's too close to home Dreamdays. For one, we feel your pain. In empathy I would be devastated if that were my boat. For another, I live on the southside too!! You are not in Logan are you?

Is the motor OK?

Scalem

Chris Ryan
15-10-2007, 06:04 PM
What a shame and a loss indeed. I hope the authorities catch these people stealing and damaging boats. It seems these are on the increase (or reported as such) and needs attention. We all work damn hard to get this lifestyle and deserve better.

Best of luck getting the insurance and the repair/replace mate. Many many hours of fun still to come!

2DKnBJ
15-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Not good news mate.
Hope all goes well with the insurance.
Hopefully they catch the low life that did this and they get a bit more than a slap on the wrist.

Cheers Dazza

GBC
16-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Small world isn't it.

My mate(firey) was just telling me about a job they had the other day on a whittley, then I walk into the office and see this posted up.
Stuart and Dave say G'day and hope all goes well.
I do too.

C.J.

castlemaine
16-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Your boat's name says it all and some moron has to go and ruin it. When you save all your dollars to get something you can share with your family and friends, it breaks your heart to see senseless vandalism. Hope you get back on the water soon. Cheers.

madmax73
16-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. It's never a good feeling one some mongrel screws with your stuff but what can we do.
Well, I was once told by a police officer if you catch the mongrel give him a bloody good flogging before calling the police. When the police get there just let them know what you caught him doing and if he pipes up about getting a flogging you can tell the police you did no such thing, you merely restrained him until the police arrived. The officers reasoning was that for offenses such as thieving the criminals usually gets off with a slap on the wrist, community service or possibly a short stint in the cell, the cops are unhappy with the system and as the officer told me, who do you think we are going to believe the criminal or the honest citizen! Maybe if these little punks know they might end up flogged for their wrong doing they may think twice before being morons.

dogsbody
16-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Why Why Why gee some people need a good ole floggin.

Dave.

kingtin
16-10-2007, 05:10 PM
They should be forced to eat their nuts!!!!

Better still...................Shane Warne's nuts.............punish two for the price of one :-)

kev

Top Tip:

Grated cheddar cheese from the supermarket can be squashed tightly together with the fingers to produce a block of cheese, ready for slicing or grating.

sid_fishes
16-10-2007, 05:28 PM
good to see you back kev. oh and dont hold back.my uncle [a great bloke] and a damn good cop and high up said that if i ever caught someone, just bash em to death and dumb them over the fence, worked 2 times so far, i do hope that there is a bright side to this for you cheers ian

revs57
16-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Dreamdays sure looked like a lovely boat, what must people think destroying something like that? The damage looks pretty extensive...mongrels, I'm with wags, a public display...I'm not really one for corporal punishment but this sort of thing is nearly enough to make me change my mind.

I trust it all works out for you guys and the insurance does the right thing so you can get back on the water soon

Cheers

Rhys

Essence
21-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Hello everyone

A "Juvenile" has been charged with the arson's, theft's and malicious damage's
Apparently he was Blind Drunk at the time.
I've been contacted by the other affected people, and they weren't insured which means unless they can find a way to get at the Juveniles parents, it is really tough for them.

Essence
21-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Oh, also now looking for a big shed builder!!
Whatever replaces her, will now have to go indoors I think...

BilgeBoy
21-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Mate I have been legless heaps of times in my life and not once have I set fire to anyone boat or property. I was gunna say give him a floggin.....but thats probably why he has no respect in the first place. Oh well at least you have had some justice and the insurance company will probably treat him worse than a flogging.

Good luck with the repairs or new boat mate!!

Regards

BilgeBoy

Black_Rat
21-10-2007, 06:56 PM
A very sad post,
Last night, following on from other fire bug incidents in the area Dreamdays was torched.
Fortunately the Queensland Fire Brigade out of pure chance were in the street attending another fire, whilst turning their truck around, spotted smoke coming from her, and in an instant she went up in flames.
Their fast action, saved the fuel tank from exploding and to see the excellent work performed by the Fire Brigade team first hand, they deserve absolute praise and applause.
Queensland Police also were outstanding in their reaction and after a long day today believe they have matters well in hand.

Our services receive bad press from time to time, this is time they deserve praise.
Deb

Words cannot describe what these piss ant C#&$*(%$*&%nts deserve >:( Kill, flog, teara new harse, bash the beshebaseees out of these :-X :-X :-X , Arrggggghhhhhhhhhhh !!! Let me at them ! :angryfire: friggen loser flakin @&&@$^%($^#&$##!!!!!!!!!!!!!!