PDA

View Full Version : has your last cast been a lucky one?

Sean
13-10-2007, 07:46 PM
The other day i was fishing with a $30 Jackall, I said 'OK, last cast!' pulled my rod back and let fly only to have the bail arm flick over and 'crack' watched my $30 jackall sail off into the sunset. Damn it!!!:'(

Over the years has your 'last cast' been generally lucky, or unlucky?

Sean:D

Sean
13-10-2007, 07:48 PM
No in betweens here, YOU decide!!!!

lippa
13-10-2007, 08:38 PM
its been...................... up to shit normally mate.
i can remember 10 yr ago when lure fishing for tailor was for nancys.
i fished fraser for a week solid, with the same pink raider the missus bought me.
that lure caught hundreds of fish. last cast b4 the home journy. same same, bail arm flipped as i casted, and it was gooooooooorn!!

Jeremy87
14-10-2007, 03:20 PM
My last casts normally result in nothing or snags so unlucky. i am not one of those people who can catch a fish and finish up then and there, i always have to test my luck further. Similarly if i get fouled and lose my rigs i normally can't be bothered re rigging so my last casts are normally unlucky. I have however caught fish on 'last casts" but this usually triggers numberous more casts until i'm satisfied i'm not going to get another strike.

catfishkid
14-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Its a little off what you are talking about but the wife & I would regularly throw the cast net for prawns in any weather,when the going got slow and we would say just one more cast we would inevitably end up getting a few good prawns and that would always lead to just 5 more to make sure there weren't any more around,sometimes we would end up staying for ages after saying one more cast;D

Cheers Craig

Kleyny
14-10-2007, 08:20 PM
My last cast is always unlucky beacause if my last cast catches a fish i always have atleast another one or two.;D ;D :P

Fishin_Dan
15-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Generally unlucky, but every now and then I get one. The last time that happened a 92cm mackeral jumped on. I pulled the pin then and left it at that :)

Well....

Maybe with one or two more.... :D

Why-ting
15-10-2007, 10:10 PM
My last couple of jack sessions have ended up with either me or my accomplice getting afish last cast. we even had adouble hook up a couple of weeks back. So id say lucky.

Whytey

edleigh7
16-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Mostly unlucky...one in particular where the lure got snagged in a willow tree (trout fishing down south) and as I pulled the branch down, trying to get the lure out, the branch slipped through my hand and imbedded trebles into my thumb!!:-[

Yet my mate on the other hand had that many last casts, and lucky ones, that it wasn't funny!! Especially from my perspective:P

Ed

Poseidon
16-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Sometimes lucky, a few weeks back had a day end a lot better than it started. The day commenced as it normally does with me casting plastics at every available snag in the vein hope of luring a Jack out of its hide. Not too long after I managed to get belted by a good size fish, turn him away from the safety of his timber and proceed to nurse him to the boat. A few good runs later with the leader knot in site, it's all over and am left with a jig-head and a monstered plastic. Not sure what happened but enough to say I wasn't too happy.
Spent the rest of the day using the same technique and making the bold statement of not leaving until one was in the boat. Anyway, getting down to the last cast and managed to throw the plastic way past the planned drop zone and over a few large branches, snagged for sure. Proceeded to plan the recovery by slowly winding the plastic back trying to time the swing just right in the hope of a clean return and as the lure is hanging just out of the water a medium size Jack launches himself onto the hook and now I have a snagged lure and a Jack hanging in mid-air. Not wanting to waste anytime I hit full throttle on the electric and plough head on into the bush, landing net out and hey presto a Jack in the boat. The panic in getting to the fish by the shortest possible route was priceless.
So on this day the last cast turned out to be memorable.

Regards Cameron.

Cammy
17-10-2007, 09:28 PM
my last cast is unlucky always, go me. except when castnetting, verry lucky with prawns

cam

GAD
18-10-2007, 10:01 AM
always unlucky , because if I caught a fish then I would cast again for a few more last casts that usually result in nothing or if another fish the circle continues.
Greg

DR
18-10-2007, 10:35 AM
haven't had it yet..;D & hope i don't for a looooong time.:P

cuzzamundi
22-10-2007, 10:34 AM
It's actually amazing how often it hppaens - Two weeks ago i let my mate in on the ethics of fishing 'til the very death, and it paid dividends for him.

Cuzza

BLOOEY
22-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Lucky, because if i have been catching a few i dont want to leave until i get just one more.

Steve B
02-04-2008, 10:00 PM
I snuck into 10th place at an ABT bass comp at Bejelkie peterson dam a few years back with a 2kg bass on my last cast! I cast out, and pulled the electic motor up while the jackall sank to the bottom in a rush to save time. 2 winds and BANG it was on!!!

I landed the fish and got back to the weigh in with about 30sec to spare. Scraped into 10th place ......$400 later....thankyou mr last cast!!

steve

LostNearBribie
03-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I normally have to be dragged kicking and screaming away from the water.
Inside my head I reckon I would say "one more" at least a dozen times.

skipalong
04-04-2008, 06:51 AM
unlucky mate

Roo
04-04-2008, 08:41 AM
my last, last cast, was quite unfortunate.

deathstar 3
04-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Is that the 1st last cast or the 25th last cast? Just one more hey!

Cheers john

chief 1
13-04-2008, 07:27 PM
my last cast was a beauty,caught a 1.5kg sickle fish

nufin_flash
17-04-2008, 07:05 AM
i cant leave after catching a fish, i have to have a few more casts to test out my luck, even if my last cast caught a fish i would cast again unless i had no bait left.
i normaly leave my spot after being snagged and losing my gear

johnny roger
17-04-2008, 08:15 AM
The other day i was fishing with a $30 Jackall, I said 'OK, last cast!' pulled my rod back and let fly only to have the bail arm flick over and 'crack' watched my $30 jackall sail off into the sunset. Damn it!!!:'(

Over the years has your 'last cast' been generally lucky, or unlucky?

Sean:D
Sean,
My last cast was not lucky. it was in Tinarro. my second cast was not lucky. it was in tinaroo. my first cast was pretty much the same!:)
John