PDA

View Full Version : Chronarch and Procaster Z

chrisallangler
12-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Hey everyone,

I have now decided to seriously target bass, and i have already purchased a Daiwa Procaster Z and am going to get a Shimano Chronarch in the smaller sizes and spool it u with about 8-10lb Whiplash braid, just wondering wether this outfit would be a good choice for bass fishing. I would also use it to target flatties and possibly jack ( once spooled up with heavier line). Any advice would be appreciated, thanks Chris.

basskid
12-10-2007, 05:38 PM
hey mate what sort of chronarch.
if its the 50 mg good choice super light weight and very hardy. i suggest you save up just that little bit extra and get a good braid such as pe or if you want a bit cheaper fins is the way to go. 10lb fins on the chronarch with the proscater chukin jackalls wouldnt be half bad set up hope this helps mate

yellahunter
12-10-2007, 06:14 PM
dont just think shimano,
have a look at the daiwa alphas or sol too,

NOjacks
12-10-2007, 06:25 PM
be careful with those light wight reels most are magnesiam and cant be used in salt water the sol is probley the best choice its salt safe and made of alloy nice light and compact

NO jacks

bayfisher
12-10-2007, 07:23 PM
be careful with those light wight reels most are magnesiam and cant be used in salt water the sol is probley the best choice its salt safe and made of alloy nice light and compact

NO jacks

Not entirely true, most of todays magnesium reels can be used in saltwater, you just have to look after them. If you scratch the paint/ coating off the magnesium it will eventually corrode in an salt water environment. Again though if you look after your gear it shouldn't be a problem. Anyway if you do scratch the coating off some clear nail polish should seal it up.

Cheers Chris

bayfisher
12-10-2007, 07:27 PM
There aren't a whole heap of magnesium bait casters out there, the only reel mentioned here that is magnesium is the mg chronach, the Daiwa fuego is also magnesium if your considering it.

Cheers Chris