PDA

View Full Version : Charging electric motor batteries at Awoonga

bundopeace
09-10-2007, 11:08 PM
hi guys,,,

i have already booked my camping site for the trip in dec. sleeping in the car and i dun have other things to power so i chose the unpowered site..

then i realised i have to charge the batteries for my electric motor...without power... how can i ever do that.

so the question is... is there alternatives to charging my batteries without renting a powered site?

thanks!!

Nick

artesian
10-10-2007, 12:14 AM
do a deal with someone in a powered site?

bundopeace
10-10-2007, 01:14 AM
i thought of that
is that possible..?

rayken1938
10-10-2007, 07:20 AM
Parallel it up with your car battery and go for an hours drive wont charge it up fully but probably to 80%.
Cheers
Ray

mylestom
10-10-2007, 05:11 PM
The other possibility is solar power, even maybe using the panel in the boat if possible. Depending on the size of the panel, battery and usage.

But the powered site aren't that much more expensive, reckon that the way that I would go, would save some hassles.

tREV

wamjam
10-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Don't be a tight ass and pay the extra bugger all ,for a powered site!!!!!
wamjam

four_button_arnie
10-10-2007, 10:10 PM
just duck down to bunnings and part with like $130 and buy a little petrol generator, maybe not so good if there are other campers around but during the day no one should worry to much.....maybe. The little gen is great if you go fishing somewhere for a few days without power just hook it up charge ya batteries, run ya fridge what ever!
________
Ecigarette forum (http://www.ecigarettes123.com/)

NAGG
10-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Don't be a tight ass and pay the extra bugger all ,for a powered site!!!!!
wamjam
Someone had to say it! ;D What is it ? an extra $5 or so a night .... Nagg

Barraboy7
10-10-2007, 10:54 PM
You wont be popular trying to run a generator in th park.
I have stayed in the place and a powered site is not expensive, so just pay the difference rather than buying a generator.
Against the overall cost of your trip its a no brainer!
Hope you get some fish!
Barraboy

bundopeace
11-10-2007, 12:42 AM
haha thanks guys....
well....i was on a really tight budget... going up alone... with petrol cost on a V8 disco... moreover i am a poor student... just thought id try to save on wat i could....
stoopid question though...
thanks...

Nick

artesian
12-10-2007, 10:45 PM
ring the shop and see if they will look after you? Even if that was a goer, that would tie you to their opening hours.

I'm hardly a gun impoundment barra fisho, but have caught a couple. If you are trolling, I don't know that a petrol motor is a disadvantage, even in water under 3m deep. As for casting, well, an electric certainly makes that easier

bundopeace
13-10-2007, 11:18 AM
thank mate.. even at 24v, i think the battery with run out at some point in the 5 day trip...... but they do last a while..