PDA

View Full Version : Marlbourgh Creek north of Rockhampton

Eagle
09-10-2007, 10:22 PM
A mate took me and his kids up to Marlbourgh, about 100 klms north of Rockhampton. We turned off onto the old Sarina Road and a few more klms further we turned onto a dirt road. This dirt road winds back to Rockhampton via "Glenroy Crossing". About 8 or 10 klms from leaving the Sarina Road we came to a beautiful section of Marlbourgh Creek where it crosses the dirt Road. The creek was quite wide and deep here and also very clean. Can anyone tell me if this is a safe place to fish and swim for kids? Do the crocs from the Fitzroy River come up this creek? Would there be any bass or barra here that you can catch? The area showed signs of people being there some time ago. Whats the go on this creek? The mates kids want to go back to fish and swim if it's safe.
Eagle

Fitzy
09-10-2007, 10:35 PM
I havent fished or swam in there for a long time.
Never saw no crocs, but heard of them getting further upstream than that so do it at your won risk. In saying that, I probably would if I was hot & the water was clear.

Definately no bass. The odd barra, fork-tailed catfish & eels for sure, maybe a saratoga or two.

THis should be the spot you were referring to.
http://maps.google.com.au/?ie=UTF8&ll=-23.16735,149.923725&spn=0.077015,0.159645&z=13&om=1

Cheers,

Fitzy..