PDA

View Full Version : 435 Hornet - what brand trailer do you recommend?

marty_z
09-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Time has come to replace the trailer under my 435 Hornet Trophy. I would like to get one that is rated around the 1 ton mark and have it fitted with override brakes. I live on the gold coast and there are a number of manufacturers here - local would be good but not essential.

I have override brakes on my current trailer and hope to have them transferred to the new trailer (to save a few dollars) so a company that is flexible is also important.

Any comments or opinions welcome.

Thanks

Marty

Sniper
09-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Marty_z, most trailer manufactures these days have good products. Just look for their heavy duty versions if they do one. Harder to kill something that is overengineers then standard models. I had a 2001 435 Hornet on a h/d Redco 1213 Sportsman trailer. Had no drama's at all once I set it up correctly. Thats the biggest thing, getting the trailer balanced correctly, ie axle and winch post locations and the roller/skid combination correct. Had it so it towed beautifully and a dream to launch and retreive by myself. Could even drive the boat on the trailer. A few guys I know have just bought new hornets and put the 1213 Redco trailers under them. Just check out the different brands and compare the quality of the gal, welds and fittings and most importantly is if they will allow you to fit your braking system which I can't see as a drama.
Cheers
Bill

damonw
10-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Don't get a SWIFTCO they are rubbish.
Less than 4 mths old:-
Winch Cable Rusting
Paint on wheels flaking off
The gal on looks like a 5 yr old brushed it on.
I flush everything with massive amounts of fresh water and still its deteriorating in front of my eyes.

I had a Redco/Sportsman with my Seafarer Victory and even after 3 yrs of heavy use it still looked better than this 4mth old Swiftco trailer.
Damon..