PDA

View Full Version : Calling all "Jackall" Fisherfolk !!!!!!!!

craigie
09-10-2007, 06:00 PM
I have recently tracked down a couple of on-line Japaneese tackle stores who have not yet sold out of tn60 Jackall lures (although they can only supply limited colours compared to local tackle shops) !!
If I buy a dozen lures or more I can land them in Aus for under $20 each.

What I need to know is, what are the best colours for Queensland & Northern NSW Bass dams ?
Happy to hear your success stories on any particular colour that has worked for you and in which Dam ??

Thanks & Regards,

Craigie.

nipsta
09-10-2007, 06:18 PM
I have recently tracked down a couple of on-line Japaneese tackle stores who have not yet sold out of tn60 Jackall lures (although they can only supply limited colours compared to local tackle shops) !!
If I buy a dozen lures or more I can land them in Aus for under $20 each.

What I need to know is, what are the best colours for Queensland & Northern NSW Bass dams ?
Happy to hear your success stories on any particular colour that has worked for you and in which Dam ??

Thanks & Regards,

Craigie.

which ebayer are you looking at getting them from i got some from japan and they took about 4 weeks as they got quartined so the other chap i got them from on ebay got them to me in a week and a half

basskid
09-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Hey CraIGIE,
firstly very good chioce to go to as jackalls are an awsome searching tool. my favourite colours are different to what i am about to say but if you had to buy to jackalls to try new dams which i highly suggest tn 60 in GOLDEN SHINER or a tn 60 in HL BLACK. they are totally different colours but when i go to new dams these would be the two i would start off with i hope this helps mate. cheers.
William sims

banshee
09-10-2007, 08:35 PM
First cab off the rank for me is Camelion then any of the Ayu's after that I like the Ausie or brown Shrimp,have also done well on Holographic Black as well as the various Tigers.......deffinately grab a silent if one is on offer.

Mike Delisser
09-10-2007, 10:14 PM
If I was bring in 12 Jackalls I'd go for 12 x Ayu's
Mike

wheezer
09-10-2007, 10:17 PM
if you are buying in that quantity you may be better off seeing if a local tackle shop can cut you a deal...i bought a dozen jackall mask vibs ordered in exactly the colours i wanted and got them for not much more than the cheapest i could find from online vendors...there wasn't enough saving to warrant the hassle

jamie martin
10-10-2007, 08:26 AM
after fish and my bad casting removed the paint off my jackalls i painted my own with nail polish. purple with a black back (use texta)and topcoat of clear with red sparkles for early morning, late afternoon and cloudy. when sun is out i use white with a purple back and top coat of clear with multi coloured sparkles (looks like scales) i have good success with these 2 colours, i've tried other colours but always seem to go back to purples. i fish around the tweed area.i've caught more than 20 heaps on these 2 colours.
jamie

Herby13
10-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Ghost wakasgi, best ever i rekon.

Mike Delisser
10-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Craigie if you keep your eye out for specials in the magazines you can do better than $20 each.
Jay at Logan River Marine had them (Masks also) for $19 last month, I grabbed sh## loads from that place that beats everyone's price by 10%, that's $17.10 each.
Cheers

craigie
10-10-2007, 06:25 PM
M62,

Now that's a good price that has my attention !!!
That's about what I paid for my last shipment with free shipping from Japan.

Wheezer,

How are you mate ? Still building those neat Samuai's etc.
I've just put a Certate Hyper Custom on the NV8 I got of you last Christmas. Going to be my offshore plastic stick.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys.
From your comments the colours I need to consider are as follows -

Ghost Wakasgi
Purple & Black with red sparkles (home mods with Nail Polish etc)
AYU
Camelion
Aussie & Brown shrimp
Holographic Black
Any of the Tigers
Golden Shiner
HL Black

Nipsta,

Been dealing with Japan Tackle (that's their name), think they are based in Yokahama. Gave me free shipping as first purchase special. My box of Jackall's arrived in 5 working days. They had been opened by Customs but all was sweet !!
I'm now getting them to chase me up all our popular Aussie Colours as the selection they offered was limited (although I got a few of the above fav's).

Pm me if you want a piece of the action.
See what we can do ?

Cheers
Craigie.

TinarooTriumph
14-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Aussie Shrimp eats all of those Colour schemes ALIVE! They work dam well on Sooties up here aswell as rat Barra, and I have heard the same about Bass. Fairly natural looking Bait... you'd be mad not to have Jackalls and not have a few in that scheme.

Theo.

craigie
15-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks Theo,

"Aussie Shrimp" is now on the list !!!

Cheers
Craigie