PDA

View Full Version : The boat at last.....

datamile
08-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Got to pick up the boat today.. a 2005 stacer 525 easy rider with 115 evin

Took me 40 mins to get it into the boat port.. First time with a trailer, and uphill with bush one side, and electric box on the other, and road as wide as a car length ;( with 10cm to spare each side it went in the door. Hopefully it'll get easiler with practice.

Hoping to get out on bayside this week, but it looks a bit windy for a first try.

So if any sees a white stacer OV891Q struggling on a ramp, or doing something stupid in the next few weeks then help is more than welcome.

Wello Point or Cleveland VMR ramp for less busy easy launch ?

Any hints on insurance, and who conditions make the policy worthless for theft etc ? Raqc came in at 502, nrma is not online.

Tailortaker
08-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Congratulations Mate, The reversing will get easier with a bit of practice and I hope that if you do have dramas at the ramp someone will help you out not just standback and criticise. Good luck, you'll be right.
Cheers TT
________
Body Science (http://bodyscience.ws/)

Marlin_Mike
08-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Nice buy mate. RAby Bay far superior than Wello IMHO. 4 lanes, some sand area next to it.

I have the opportunity to buy the samer boat in the 575 version, with a 4 banger 135HP Honda. Buy it or keep my Ally Craft Centre Console???? Decisions decisions.

Mike

Briannes
08-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Hi datamile, nice boat try RACQ for insurance been very good to me over many years, Briannes

Marlin_Mike
08-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Mine is insured with CGU thriough a credit union.

320 bucks for $17K insurance

Mike

wags on the water
08-10-2007, 04:20 PM
DM, congrats on the boat. All you need now is a couple of ausfish stickers on the side. ;D
RACQ for me

buzzard
08-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Nice boat mate, I find that watching the trailor mud guards through the rear view mirrors helps heaps. Make small corrections at a time.
Good luck and enjoy.

CROOZY
08-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Congrats Mate, Dont feel bad if you stuff something up (reversing) etc, practice makes perfect. Just get out and use it, dont let it become a "Yard Ornament"
Being in charge of your own boat on the high seas is one of the great joys in life.
"WOW" that was a bit heavy...Sorry.
Have fun, Cheers Phil

Poodroo
08-10-2007, 05:35 PM
I recognize the boat dealership I think. Wasn't at Slacks Creek by any chance was it? Nice rig. Am sure you will be very happy with it. Hope to see you on the water some day.

Poodroo

datamile
08-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Aus Marine centre springwood qld.. Hmm now watching the lightning and hoping no hail as the boat port is now occupied, and the second car has to be left out

Vitamin Sea
08-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Hi

A quick tip to backing any trailer, simple but works

As you are watching your mirrors, if the boat or trailer appears / runs towards the side you are looking at, turn your steering wheel in that direction, take it easy, slowly but surely, works a treat.

Congrats on the new boat

Cheers

dec0guy
08-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Nice boat! I remember when I was a young kid helping the old man out on building sites and backing up the trailer. Take it slow, go slower, and give your self room. And its probably harder to park the boat in your driveway!

Now all I need is a boat to practice with!!

MyEscape
08-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Congrats on the new boat.

Struggling on the ramp? That's the very point that I keep making. How do you know if you are watching a bloke on his first or so time with a new rig. Practice makes perfect and I just really beleive everyone should take a deep breath and stop complaining about people taking just that little bit longer than what the "experts" think they should.

Best of luck with the new rig again.

Steve

Chris Ryan
08-10-2007, 07:52 PM
I have had my boat for over a year now and am pretty good with the on/off at the ramp,k but somedays it just turns to custard and takes forever. Take your time, if someone asks to help or give a little advice, be open as you learn a lot. If someone is giving you curry, just a friendly smile and a nod in their direction with a "you were new to this too" and they tend to back off.

Nice rig mate and do what the others say, take a few minutes more for everything you do until you get the hang of it. Oh and don't worry if you hit a sandbar when you are out in the water.....we all do it!!

Cheers

haggis
08-10-2007, 09:21 PM
yeah nice boat .
slow and steady wins the race when reversing the trailer down the ramp .
have a very tight space & up hill reverse with the boat , the guards only just squeeze in the gates . one day the misses said why dont you drive the boat in then un hook the trailer and push it into the boat bay . so easy now ! why didnt I think of that ?
cheers fae haggis ......................

datamile
08-10-2007, 10:28 PM
OK petrol.... Think the engine manual says 90 RON, but the boat yard said put 95 RON in it, and watch the ethanol content. Is this true ?