PDA

View Full Version : Horizon Shores

Reel_Obsession
08-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Hi Guys
Can anyone tell me if the ramp at Horizon Shores is still open?

Cheers Phil

Timfishin4fun
08-10-2007, 02:19 PM
No mate but rudy's is and they have allocated more parking areas.
Tim

FrankFWM
09-10-2007, 03:33 AM
I am very dsapointed in Horizon closing their public ramp - I use Rudy's now but it just doesn't compare.... in terms of the boat ramp...

For trailer storage - Rudy's is better in my opinion... they offer better protection from the elements for a start - but I tow mine - so for me - I prefered to pay more at Horizons with 24 hour security guards and a nice ramp setup with the floating pontoon down the middle.

gar26lw
01-11-2007, 11:15 PM
i find rudys excellent. they watch your car at night and the ramp is great high or low. ive left things there by mistake and have come back to find they have held on to them for me too.

my favorite ramp

tigermullet
02-11-2007, 06:53 AM
My circumstances have changed so I no longer used Rudy's but for three years it was a great place to launch and leave the car and trailer overnight. Never had a problem with leaving both car and trailer for up to two weeks on some trips.

It's a top spot.

Argle
02-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Rudys is the go for sure, I used to use Horizons but after trying Rudys on advice from others I wouldnt go back even if Horizons was still open. Very freindly and helpful are the people at Rudys IMO, just need to be patient if its busy.

Cheers and beers
Scott

Essence
04-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Drove into Horizons to look at boat on Saturday, mega construction, don't know the plans but will be surprised if a public ramp ever opens again???

Reel_Obsession
05-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the replys guys, looks like Rudy's is the go now.

Cheers Phil