PDA

View Full Version : IRC channel for Ausfish.

Flattie Assassin
06-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Does Ausfish have i'ts own IRC channel. I notice there is no chat option. Was just wondering. It would be cool to log on and chat it up with the posters. Who would be interested?

choppa
06-10-2007, 09:04 PM
do a search mate,,,, this has been channeled b4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

choppa

Sea-Dog
06-10-2007, 09:32 PM
How many of us can type quickly enough to make IRC worthwhile?

The forums (fora?) and PMs are almost as functional, and the forums are more easily moderated than IRC.

loophole
06-10-2007, 09:44 PM
yea the forums are great and everyone can have a say
if u want i sugest msn a chat room

4x4frog
07-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Does Ausfish have i'ts own IRC channel. I notice there is no chat option. Was just wondering. It would be cool to log on and chat it up with the posters. Who would be interested?
IMHO it wouldn't work very well here as Ausfish is similar to some of the car forums I am a member of. Most of the members have lives and only log on to these forums for a short amount of time one or 2 times a day. IRC is for teens and people obcessed with SMS etc so it's alaugh to expect it is any good for a forum like A/F;D

Flattie Assassin
07-10-2007, 06:24 PM
IRC is for teens and people obcessed with SMS etc so it's alaugh to expect it is any good for a forum like A/F;D

LOL, notes your ICQ and MSN buttons for chatting to people. Same thing... snickers. :-*

4x4frog
07-10-2007, 07:54 PM
LOL, notes your ICQ and MSN buttons for chatting to people. Same thing... snickers. :-*
I actually haven't used either of those for years and just entered them 'cause they were there. I only have them for contact really, if someone wants to contact via either they can.

fish-n-dive
07-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I use "shout box" on some forums but still get messages mixed up because ppl are posting so fast..............I think it would be chaos here.

mik01
08-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Flattie - good proposal i reckon.
there sould be nothing better than being able to have a quick chat with someone re a certain topic they are experts in or just a nag amongst mates.
some wouldn't use it but that doesn't mean all users won't use it.
pm's have their place but are slow and cumbersome in trading information. of course, you wouldn't have to participate if you didn't want to.

cheers,
mick

bayfisher
08-10-2007, 08:35 PM
This has been discussed before, Ausfish did once use to have a chat room but it was far to hard to monitor and moderate. If you do a search you should find more info. I'm happy with the way things are if you want some more info or wish to communicate with other members the pm option is always there.

Cheers Chris

Flattie Assassin
08-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Yer i'm sorry, i've since done a search.. No biggie. just thought it would be nice is all.

bayfisher
08-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Yer i'm sorry, i've since done a search.. No biggie. just thought it would be nice is all.

lol.. no need to be sorry ;D . I didn't mean to come across so negative. No doubt members would use it and it could be an asset to the site, unfortunately the minority spoil it for the majority.

Cheers Chris

Sean
09-10-2007, 06:34 AM
fom what I've seen on chat boards (live) it is absolute chaos and there is heaps of D***heads. Sean

SCOTTYGC
09-10-2007, 11:27 AM
i used it when it was here last and it was great

pity a few people could not behave on it

as said a bit hard to moderate but i would use it if it came back

Sean
09-10-2007, 06:47 PM
maybe you should be able to invite two or three people for a private chat.....kind of like a lappy!!!! lol