PDA

View Full Version : Haines Sig 630 F - Any Issues??

whichway
06-10-2007, 07:25 AM
Hi

Is there anything wrong with Haines Signatures in general and 630Fs in particular for offshore work. You don't see many outside, mostly you see Cruisecrafts, Hunters and Seafarers together with the range of plate ally boats. What is the ride like, and is the bow a bit fine - are they Ok in a following sea and going out over a bar.

Also, will it be less than 2000 kg on the trailer with a full tank. Anybody ever weighed one?

Whichway

Reel Blue
06-10-2007, 07:42 AM
I owned a Signature 600F which handled very well. It is a very safe boat and extremely predicatable in every way. It performed very well with the sea and there were no concerns with this at all. Stability and low speed planning ability are good. Peter Websters F and B Magazines assessment is that the 600F is probably not Signatures softest riding hull. I have not been on the water in a 630F or other model signatures but I personally did not feel that the ride into a headsea was significantly better that my previous sportfish plate boat. (Which are softriding compared to many other plate boats.)

rossi
06-10-2007, 06:08 PM
I had a 610c up til just recently. Not an F model but still came with the SVDH hull.

Signatures in general are a well fitted out, well built boat with a good resale value (because of the Haines/Signature thing I guess). I thought the SVDH thing was a bit of marketing hype till I drove a few other 6m plus boats and I am convinced they give a better ride across steep chop than a lot of other hulls. Iused it regularly out wide and it performed well but you can't expect any boat to perform like a ski boat in big swells but it got me home dry on plenty of occassions. I am sure Cruise Crafts and some of the others perform just as well but you asked about Signatures and I can vouch for them.

I've checked out freinds boats in the F series and I reckon they are the ducks guts with the walkaound deck and all the space for storing tackle boxes and kit.
In fact if the missus hadnt been pre occupied with the little comforts that come with the C series I would have bought the boat you are looking at.

If Signature made an SVDH hull in the the 30 foot range I'd buy one.

Homer_Jay
07-10-2007, 06:38 AM
Not sure about the ride or how they handle, but i was looking over one the other day down at the ramp and what a nice looking outfit. The guy hadnt had it long and was as happy as a pig in the proverbial with her.

polky
07-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Matey I have a signature and I couldn,t be happier.The bloke up the road owns a cruisecraft and the bloke next door owns a seafarer they think there boats ride good, having been in all 3 brands the sig rides the best, but the others also have good pointsthis is my personal view. Polky.

Chris20984
26-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Hi. I'm looking at a 05 signature and the only thing I don't like about it is the fuel tank is only 160 liters. Has anybody had a larger tank fitted. Or a sub tank ? Cheers Chris.

myusernam
27-05-2013, 08:16 AM
nice looking hull BUT

made poorly underfloor with poorly treated ply for stringers and in the transom. The moulded deck makes it even more difficult to repair. Budget for over $20k when this needs doing.

hard2catch
27-05-2013, 10:13 AM
If you go to the Boatmags website (formerly F&B magazine) there are a few reviews on the 630F by Peter Webster.He gives them a pretty good wrap.

Tracker
27-05-2013, 01:57 PM
we had a 650f and needed breakaway break setup.over 2000kg with 200 hp suk.Good boat though.
ours held 220lts:)

Prowl n Wolf
27-05-2013, 04:33 PM
G'day Chris, I have a 632f and it came with a 170ltr standard tank. Like you wanted more range and a simple call to Gordon Triplett at haines had me booked in for a 270ltr tank upgrade. The price was approx $1,600 fitted. Hope this helps. Tony.

Chris20984
27-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Excellent info, thanks everyone.

Can anyone share their performance/fuel figures.

Here is some more info i have also found if anyone else is interested:

http://www.signatureboats.com/new/_uploads/signature/14710Signature_Spec_Details.pdf
http://www.marinews.com/boating/boat-test/haines-signature-630f/121/
http://www.seamedia.com.au/pdf/previews/BTSENG125_prev.pdf

Cheers Chris.

Chris20984
27-05-2013, 05:37 PM
G'day Chris, I have a 632f and it came with a 170ltr standard tank. Like you wanted more range and a simple call to Gordon Triplett at haines had me booked in for a 270ltr tank upgrade. The price was approx $1,600 fitted. Hope this helps. Tony.

Thanks but i cant find a contact number for him, can anyone help ?

boboncc
27-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Thanks but i cant find a contact number for him, can anyone help ?

I spoke with Gordon six weeks ago before I bought my boat. He is quite busy but will get back to you and is very helpful, a good bloke. Call Haines direct and ask for him.

Cheers
Bob