PDA

View Full Version : Seafarer V-SEA set up

Hebb
06-10-2007, 07:23 AM
Am currently restoring a v-sea and am looking for a few ideas on transom setups. Previously had fuel tank and batteries under well and bait tank in well but to stern heavy. Any v-sea owners got any ideas on how to set up. Looked into under floor fuel but not enough clearance for decent fuel tank.

ColacGirl
06-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Is the V-sea hull the same as a Ventura? I seem to remember hearing over the years that they are.... same hulls, different decks?
We put 100 lts of fuel and a water bladder under the floor of our Ventura 17

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f223/BevB2u/Play-Pen/2006_0611_fuelWatertanks.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f223/BevB2u/Play-Pen/2006_0611_carpet03.jpg

--
Bev

polky
07-10-2007, 07:39 AM
Restored a VC about 12mths ago,replaced old floor and transom, found the biggest tank I could fit under floor was a 45ltr tank due to stringers and cross braces. Lifted height of transom by 25 cms, put 75ltr fuel tank back in well and batteries either side. I have a 70hp yamme pushing this rig, been out in 15knts/1.5mtr swell and had no problems with water comming over the back due to a high splash back, big free draining hole in transom, level with back part of floor between transom and splash back. We ski and wake board a lot and the rig pulls my 75kg son out of the hole with no problems. Have seen one with tank up front pain in the butt climbing over it to get to front hatch. When i bought my Vc it had a box in middle of boat 600mm x 1.5mtrs x 1mtr high, this had a 80ltr fuel tank then false floor top half used for storage and lid was padded for seat for 2. This was not a bad idear I just found the box took up to much room, maybe smaller box would work. Hope this helps, Anyway mate keep working on your rig when shes finished you will enjoy as they are an excellent cuddy, all round good handling boat. Polky PS> I,ll be putting my boat on the ausfish for sales in about a week have a look at the pics, may help.

jimbo59
07-10-2007, 07:42 PM
The ventura is the same hull as the viking.Here is a photo of a ventura that had the outboardwell removed and a pod fitted.He had a under floor tank that was about 120 litres.The cockpit gained a xtra 900mm by removeing the well.