PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Journal

MJ-Apache
05-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi

I've been thinking lately of upgrading my method of recording fishing info from trips. Up until now i have kept a crude Excel spreadsheet as a fishing journal, recording things such as tide, weather, catch etc.

I was just wondering what other people use to keep a track of there fishing conquests, and if there is any computer programs out there that work really well. I have been trying to find one, or i might have to spend a bit of time improving my Excel spreadsheet.

Another question - do people generally record info by the species they catch, or just for each fishing trip? Would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on this.

Cheers

Lucky_Phill
05-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Ken Fox Fishing Log.

don't know the details, but google it.

Phill

DR
05-10-2007, 03:40 PM
yep, thats a good one..
Ken Fox 1800 350 045
kfox@ozemail.com.au

Lucky_Phill
05-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks Dave, you're always on the ball ;D ;)

Phill

Stuie
05-10-2007, 03:59 PM
I have made up my own Access Database to keep a track of all the details from my fishing trips. I do record individual species. Also who was on the boat, total catch, moon, tides, baits, weather, and a general comments area. From this i can print a trip report which goes into a folder with photos and stays at the shed at 1770. Makes for a funny read when the weather is no good for fishing.

VoodooChile78
05-10-2007, 09:07 PM
I am thinking of doing my own excel spreadsheet to record fishing adventures and misadventures...that way i can track best tides, times etc for different locations.

Especially since I want to target fish like Jew...they tend to be on the bite when the conditions are right.

MJ-Apache
07-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Thanks all.

I will check out ken fox fishing log. Is it especially designed for Australian fishing?

Cheers