PDA

View Full Version : home made lures

nuggstar
05-10-2007, 08:04 AM
hi guys.i have been making my own lures at work and i was thinking how many of you mad keen fisher type people have tryed to make there own lures ?. if ya have been making them then please give us all a look at ya handy work.
here is some poppers i made a few weeks back and one i was working on last night (it just needs eyes) i call it a PT slider in killa bee colour haha it took me a while to get the weight right on the bum but she sits beautifully in the water now hehe, go on have a laugh or admire it haha

Flattie Assassin
05-10-2007, 08:09 AM
They look way cool, good stuff. Are they wood?

nuggstar
05-10-2007, 08:26 AM
yes mate they r made from recyceling the bits of wood that get smashed off the chep pallets at work by the forklift , just my way to make the world a better place hahaha

Roo
05-10-2007, 09:57 AM
they look alright to me. don't forget to tell us how they go.

nuggstar
05-10-2007, 01:34 PM
the black popper has been hit a few times but it has not had a fish on it longer than 5 seconds (bass) and the white one got stollen by a bigeye or gt at twin waters so im going to give the new one a bash this weekend on some queenies i hope haha

jman2016
05-10-2007, 01:39 PM
I say go for it! I have no lures left :bigcry:that I made myself. Except for some saltwater metals.

There is nothing more satisfying than landing a fish on a homemade lure.

There is nothing more heartbreaking than handmaking a lure that gets taken home by a fish!

My dad showed me how to make spoon lures and i hand made some timber ones for a couple of $ each.

I made sure that i put the metal strand all the way through the lure. :furious2: Been caught before.

Little grey men
05-10-2007, 01:58 PM
I like the look of your killa bee, that would attract some welcome attention I think.
:) Looking forward to seeing a photo of that one hanging out of the mouth of some big beast.

Sean
05-10-2007, 09:12 PM
http://fishforfood.blogspot.com/2007/06/diy-walk-dog-topwater-lure.html

Yankie dude making a surface lure.