PDA

View Full Version : Monduran Madness ??

crab man
04-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Hi Guys i was just woundering when the madness begins at lake monduran , i fished there for the first time last year in jan and again and march. When do the fish begin to bit more "stedy" is november to ealry ? I fished awoonga a fair bit but being from Brunswick Heads monduran is much closer which in return means more fishing time !!!! i found vipers worked well in awoonga but not so good in monduran whats a good alround lure in monduran ??
Thanks Guys Cheers Craig ;D

showusyourcods
07-10-2007, 03:34 PM
hi Craig
I will be going to munduran on the 2nd of Nov for 5 days maybe see you there
i have a 390 quintrex hornet trophy with bow mount. If you are there come say gday
Justin

crab man
07-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Hi justin
Thanks mate i will im in a 375 blue fin plain tinni towed by a cruiser ute but i dont think ill be getting there till late november around the 20th i guess 21st maybe due to work ..... its gunna be a long couple of months!!! haha
Cheers craig

showusyourcods
08-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Sure is I have already started getting things ready now I can't wait.
Good luck anyway!
Justin

LOCKEDUP
19-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Keep Use'n Them, Vipers Once U Learn Ta Work Em Right Are Dynamite. Love The Gold And Silver Models Myself, But If There Still Not Doin It For U Try Eco Gears Or Reidys Judges And Always Throw In Some Big Boomers And Classics. Good Luck!

darylive
22-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Not long now ;D only two sleeps to go.

White Quintrex, maroon deck, bow mount Minn Kota, 25 Yamaha. :D

Blue over silver Patrol, Oz tent. BYO and Say Hello ;)

crab man
23-10-2007, 06:36 AM
Lockedup how it going mate ? Dont get me started in those bloody vipers !!!!hahaha how do you work them right /? i know there good to troll but i hate trolling . do you live around monduran ?? im up there on the 20th of november till about 24th will have to come over to our camp if your there , have a beer of 6!!!
cheers craig

darylive
23-10-2007, 11:00 AM
:D One sleep! ;D

The fridge is coo ling down. Have prerun the motor ready ::)

Beer and Port sorted! Still selecting lures but that never ends ;)

Weather looks good 8-)

LOCKEDUP
28-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey Crab Man, Everyones Methods Of Workin Lures Will Be Different, Personally What Works For Me Though Is Three Or Four Big Rips Down With The Rod Tip Followed By Half A Dozen Small Twitches, Use Ya Handle For Only Retreiving Line. I Normally Cast Past The Snag I'm Planning On Working With This Retrieve The Big Rips Helps Get The Lure To Depth And The Barra To Rise And Get Pretty Annoyed, Once I Think My Lures Reaches The Safe Side Of The Structure I Start The Twitch Which Normally Gets The Strike. Test Your Twitch Near The Boat Or In A Pool If U've Got One, Once U Get The Vipers Twitchen Right U'll Notice They Dart Side To Side Like Crazy, Kinda Like U Work The Dog With A Popper. If That Doesn't Work Try Those Big Rips Right Through To The Boat And Really Crack'em Hard. Both Those Retreives Have Taken Most My Fish In Monduran, Hope They Help U Out In Some Way But Remember Ta Keep Tryin Different Tecniques On The Day If It Aint Workin. All The Best Trenno!