PDA

View Full Version : Temp guage

jigsnreels
03-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi guys,

Anyone got a temp guage for their outboard? Is it worthwhile? If I get one, what thread/sender does a honda 130 take?

Cheers,
Yock

Spaniard_King
03-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Yock why do you want a temp gauge?? The 130 honda has 2 temp switches for overheat and these fail to safe (alarm) Are you concerned about the poor tell tale?

jigsnreels
04-10-2007, 08:36 AM
G'day Spaniardking,

There's a dead gauge on the dash (a clock) and I wanted to replace it with something useful. Already have a water pressure gauge and alarms, so it's probably overkill, but anyway...

Telltale? It's strong (engine only has 90 hours) but shoots backwards
at an angle that makes it hard to see.

Do you know what the thread is?

Cheers and thanks
Yock

Spaniard_King
04-10-2007, 08:40 AM
What thread are you refering to Yock?? You cannot remove a temp sensor as the cumputor will detect it and trigger an alarm. If you need to fill a gauge hole have you thought of a navman fuel flow monitor. it fits perfectly into the hole and is a greta adition to a boat

jigsnreels
04-10-2007, 08:49 AM
OK, I was assuming there'd be a sender that screwed into the water jacket somewhere, in place of an existing bolt. If not, how would you connect the gauge to the engine?

The fuel flow meter is an excellent option, might end up with that anyway.

Spaniard_King
04-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Honda dosn't have a temp gauge only a water poressure gauge and frommemory you have to tap the hole for that too.. 1/4bsp