PDA

View Full Version : Towbar for small tinnie "need help"

Stuart
01-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Im in the process of buying a small tinnie and I need a towbar which are now out of production. I need to know if anyone here can make a towbar for me. The car is a Kia Mentor 97 model hatchback.

Stu
Precision Rods

plaztix
01-10-2007, 03:25 PM
I think you will find that most small towbar fitting companies can and will manufacture towbar assemblies to suit any vehicle. old or new. Just look for the ones with out the big ads in the yellow pages.

A lot of the big companies just want to fit their own production or their suppliers production assemblies and cant be bothered with the hassle of a so called custom assembly.

finga
01-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Aranda towbars can make one but 8 weeks and $225 ($350 fitted) later you'll have a new one.
:)

simonfish
01-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Hayman and Reece make a bar for your model car.
Just go to their site and put in your car details and it shows the price and towbar model number, etc.
Any towbar place that fits hayman and reece towbars will be able to order and fit it for you.

Blackened
01-10-2007, 04:49 PM
G'day

Failing that, have you tried the wreckers? Never know what may pop up.

Dave

finga
01-10-2007, 04:59 PM
G'day

Failing that, have you tried the wreckers? Never know what may pop up.

Dave
I had a bit of a ring-a-round down this end bottom end of town and Capalbabbbbaaa (is that right??) and they're like rocking horse poo second hand.

Stuart
01-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Tried every thing and almost everyone. Thanks to Finga for making a few phone calls mate. Its turning out to be a headach.

Stu

tunaticer
01-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Kia doesn't have a std accessory tow bar?? Toyota have them on offer for most of their models and are not over the top with pricing really.

Failing that there is a mobile towbar fitter getting around brisie northside i see occasionally while driving to work. He just has "mobile towbar fitting" written on his van with a number. If i see him again this week i will scoe his number for you.

Jack.

choppa
01-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Kia doesn't have a std accessory tow bar?? Toyota have them on offer for most of their models and are not over the top with pricing really.

Failing that there is a mobile towbar fitter getting around brisie northside i see occasionally while driving to work. He just has "mobile towbar fitting" written on his van with a number. If i see him again this week i will scoe his number for you.

Jack.

ummmmmm they do,,,,,

part of our group is Pacific Kia,,, i look after the Currimundi/Maroochydore outlets,,, if you get stuck,, call Suncoast Towbars in Kunda Park,,,, tell em choppa sent ya,,, i can arrange delivery back down to bribie area if needed

choppa