PDA

View Full Version : new 200 verado

bobp
28-09-2007, 05:01 PM
L4 200
boat is a 6.25metre cruisecraft
2 men gear and 240 litres fuel

had my first run out on the water today man this thing has some mind range go in it ;D
the vessel view has some great info at the press on a button
it is great watching the boost gauge :D
waitting for new prop to arive today a 19 mirageor a19 enirta as the 17 enirta is to small but here is an idea of fuel when at cruise.

3000 rpm 16 litres per hour
3500 20
4000 24
4500 27.5

wot 6400

trip average was 1.4 km per lt witch is close to my 175 opti
not bad conciding i was breaking in the motor (first 2 hours 1 min in 10 at wot)

bob

Blackened
28-09-2007, 05:51 PM
G'day

congrats on the verado. Is it everything you were expecting?

Dave

bobp
28-09-2007, 06:33 PM
G'day

congrats on the verado. Is it everything you were expecting?

Dave

iti great . :Dso smooth and power to burn;D
will be trying a new prop on sunday and will try to post results
bob

Brumby
29-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Nice going Bob, those are seriously impressive fuel consumption figures, I look forward to reading more once you've played around with the prop. Your 625 must jump with that kind of power on the transom.

bobp
01-10-2007, 08:45 AM
here is a report from Glen E from the verado club on the new vessel view on the Gen 2 verados . this was posted on the hull truth and i now have 11hrs up on mine 200 verado ;D
check out Glens boat at the bottom of this post8-)
bob

"vessel view" so here's my report:

I have had about 10 hours to play around with Merc’s new “Vessel view” display package for smartcraft engines. As far as I know, it is for engines released in 2007 and cannot be retrofitted. Is it worth it? Of course you know I’m gonna say yes. But it has reduced the amt of space for other guages on the boat.. It’s in a 5 x 7” display. Well thought out for the future in that all setting are saveable on the back by USB memory stick and there is an Ethernet connector for future integration. It’s much more than just the engines as it displays all tank levels – including waste and water, generator data if you have one, and nav data. I think YF is using VV exclusively for all Merc data display. I would still add water pressure link gauges as I like that level of direct access. Let’s look at the unit…

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/gersly123/unit.jpg

The unit is totally waterproof and has a non reflective screen. Will it last? Time will tell. Merc says the screen is resistant to scratches but so does every other display mfr and the many other coatings have had some problems with saltwater. A “navprotector” might be a good idea. The display is as clear as any daylight TFT screen from RM, Furuno or Garmin. It is also color which has some real use in the functionality of the unit. The buttons on the side decide if you want, engine, vessel, nav or environmental data to display.

There are 18 screens that group data diff ways. Here are the six I use most often:

The first and probably most important screen is the engine data screen. Here for your review:
The main screen that tells it all when in operation:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/gersly123/engine.jpg

Next is the Performance/fuel screen:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/gersly123/perffuel.jpg

Here is a screen that is unique to the industry – “cruise control” ….no more using the throttle – just dial up you RPM you want and it’ll hold it:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/gersly123/cruisecontrol.jpg

Vessel status:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/gersly123/vessstatus.jpg

Trip log:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/gersly123/trip.jpg

Very cool - Fuel calcs to a waypoint – Using your GPS speed and smartcraft fuel flow data:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/gersly123/fueltowp.jpg

Wish list:

1.The grey flange piece needs to be upgraded to chrome or colors to match the boat. The big Sea Ray owners are gonna need it in faux wood trim!
2. None of the screens have an instant MPG like the smartcraft speedo
3. The screen could be brighter for CC type boats.
4. I wish I could eliminate things I don’t need like the generator screen,
5. Have the 2 or 3 fav screens, hold for 3 secs and roll over to the other.
6. Touchscreen?

I’ll report later what other things I find but for now, I don’t know anyone else that is this far ahead in instrumentation….

Edited by Glen E 9/30/2007 7:52 AM

-----
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/gersly123/best.jpg
Wellcraft/300 V's

KGW3
01-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Mercury.. No 1 on the water..

just_cruisin
01-10-2007, 11:34 AM
bobp, what is the rec. max rpm? I know our 250 is 6400rpm.
Fuel numbers look pretty bloody good! Do u not have a GPS hooked up yet? What speeds @ the rpm's?
Have heard some good reports regarding the Enertia's. I don't really like the mirage 19" we are running at the moment, although all boats/engines are different. have found the mirage to be a bit of a pig to get high rpm's out of although at low speeds seems to give good fuel numbers. My advice would be to try the enertia and tempest over the mirage.

bobp
01-10-2007, 02:16 PM
bobp, what is the rec. max rpm? I know our 250 is 6400rpm.
Fuel numbers look pretty bloody good! Do u not have a GPS hooked up yet? What speeds @ the rpm's?
Have heard some good reports regarding the Enertia's. I don't really like the mirage 19" we are running at the moment, although all boats/engines are different. have found the mirage to be a bit of a pig to get high rpm's out of although at low speeds seems to give good fuel numbers. My advice would be to try the enertia and tempest over the mirage.

max rpm range is 5800 - 6400 i am hitting 6400 now with the 17 Enertia's
the 17 Enertia is an amazzing prop will just not let go in tight turns
gps is hooked up but i thought i would wait till i got the new prop on to get a more accuate speed to fuel brun
this is what i was getting on sun on the way home with the 17 Enertia
4700 rpms - 30 lph - 30mph or 1.6 km per lt this is abit better than my opti witch is a pleasent suprise :)
i think this will geat better with new prop an as the eng. loosens up
bob

FNQCairns
01-10-2007, 03:05 PM
this is what i was getting on sun on the way home with the 17 Enertia
4700 rpms - 30 lph - 30mph
bob

Hi Bob tell me to butt out if you like but those are shocking numbers (if I got your leg ratio right) thats 26% slip!! Either a typo or the enertia's have gone it alone on what they estimate as one inch of pitch or something else.

You should be seeing closer to 36mph at 4700rpm with say 12% slip, theoretical (no slip) = 41mph.

Worth investigating with the blokes that are handing out the props as if all is correct the handbrake is still on.

Engine may be a bit low might account for up to 5% slip.

cheers fnq

Blackened
01-10-2007, 04:47 PM
G'day

Bob, thanks for that post from the hull truth site

Looks like that new display is a melancholies delight!!

Love the cruise control idea!

Dave

bobp
01-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Hi Bob tell me to butt out if you like but those are shocking numbers (if I got your leg ratio right) thats 26% slip!! Either a typo or the enertia's have gone it alone on what they estimate as one inch of pitch or something else.

You should be seeing closer to 36mph at 4700rpm with say 12% slip, theoretical (no slip) = 41mph.

Worth investigating with the blokes that are handing out the props as if all is correct the handbrake is still on.

Engine may be a bit low might account for up to 5% slip.

cheers fnq

hi fnq
you are correct the 17 is not loading the motor up properly and not realy getting any boost happeing at cruise .
But i have been waiting on a new prop and just put on a 19 enertia
i knew i was down on speed i relasion to rpm
but i am pritty happy with lph / rpms
will post new no. after a run out next weekend
engine height is spot on
bob

FNQCairns
01-10-2007, 05:47 PM
hi fnq
you are correct the 17 is not loading the motor up properly and not realy getting any boost happeing at cruise .
But i have been waiting on a new prop and just put on a 19 enertia
i knew i was down on speed i relasion to rpm
but i am pritty happy with lph / rpms
will post new no. after a run out next weekend
engine height is spot on
bob

Yeah no worries they certainly are smick motors and the economy is great also.

Just thought I would point those numbers out, thinking it may be a typo like mph instead of knots or 4400rpm etc.

Certainly interested in seeing the new props numbers, look forward to your future posts.

cheers fnq

just_cruisin
01-10-2007, 09:22 PM
FNQCairns,
These new 4 cylinder 200 verado's are running the same ratio's as the 175's etc.. (2.08:1) I think you may be using the six cylinder ratio's in your calculations (1.85:1).
Bobp,
Using 2.08:1, 4700rpm, 30mph, gives a not so outrageous slip of 17.5%. Still not great although given your unsure of the exact figures would seem OK.

Please keep us informed with your future prop testing. But keep in mind, she isn't going to loosen up for a few hours yet, therefore i wouldn't go throwing down your hard earned on a prop till at least 20-30 hours.

Enjoy!!!!

FNQCairns
01-10-2007, 09:35 PM
FNQCairns,
These new 4 cylinder 200 verado's are running the same ratio's as the 175's etc.. (2.08:1) I think you may be using the six cylinder ratio's in your calculations (1.85:1).
Bobp,
Using 2.08:1, 4700rpm, 30mph, gives a not so outrageous slip of 17.5%. Still not great although given your unsure of the exact figures would seem OK.

Please keep us informed with your future prop testing. But keep in mind, she isn't going to loosen up for a few hours yet, therefore i wouldn't go throwing down your hard earned on a prop till at least 20-30 hours.

Enjoy!!!!

Yeah that's better! Thanks for setting me straight and still a little high like you say, worth looking into if the numbers are reliable.

cheers fnq

bobp
07-10-2007, 12:35 AM
hi all would like to thank the boys down at springwood marine for all there help with my new outboard speicaly wayne (kitty cat) and Josh from the workshop
new prop is on 19 enertia hope to get out on sun or mon to try new prop

if anyone is interested there are some photo of the vessel view mounted in the dash in the electronics section
bob

bobp
09-10-2007, 04:58 PM
droped the boat of first service on motor today
all go for 1770 now