PDA

View Full Version : Daiwa Capricorn 2000a spin reel

Flattie Assassin
27-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I have just purchased a Daiwa Capricorn 2000a spin reel from ebay, and i was wondering what any blokes know on here about them. I know the stradics are on sale for $169. I paid just under $150 with postage but the price isn't really an issue. From what i've read they are similar reels. http://www.tackletour.com/reviewshootoutcapstrad.html I wanted to buy a Daiwa this time after buying 2 stradics. And i like the waterproof drag. Could anyone in the know give me an opinion on the Daiwa and if it's a good price. Thanks

Merrick.

land-lubber
27-09-2007, 09:09 PM
have been chasing one up for a friend and he saw that ebay sale, its a pretty good buy considering they retailed between 250 and 300 when they were current models in diawas range. they are very good reels and better than the stradics imo. you can still get them from shops and they go for around 180 bucks on clearance, not many left tho.
cheers

Flattie Assassin
27-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Cheers land_lubber

JT
28-09-2007, 06:03 AM
The Capricorns are great little reels, I run a 1500 and 2000 for most of my estuary fishing. I recently got a Daiwa Tierra ($200) which is the replacement reel now that the Cappy's have been discontinued and it is much better then the Cappy. I also run a Daiwa Freams which is just a Japanese Capricorn and can't complain.

You have bought a great reel, that, if looked after should give you years of good service, the drags are as smooth as and they are nice and light. IMO it was the best value reel around the $200.00 mark. Be careful though, you mentioned that they have a waterproof drag which I don't think they do, could be wrong though I am sure someone can confirm.

Make sure you let us know what you think about it after you use it. Be interested to hear what you think about it compared to the Stradic.

Cheers

John

Flattie Assassin
28-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I'll be sure to let you know, and thanks for the info. :) I'm positive it does come with hyper tournament waterproof drag after reading around. this is the item.

NeMo84
28-09-2007, 12:24 PM
yeh mate they are a nice reel and yeh u got it for a good price, to be honest i think you'll be very happy with it, hope the first fish u pull is a cracker to show u just how good it is...