PDA

View Full Version : Road into lenthals?

barrafever
25-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Looking to head upto lenthals dam tomorrow or thursday and just wondering if anyone has been up there lately and can tell me what the dirt road in is like. I imagine it would be a bit shotty after the rain but heard rumor that it had recently been graded again. would it still be accessable by 2wd (at steady pace of course) or would they struggle? Cheers

bay_firey
25-09-2007, 01:24 PM
barra

Haave no first hand experience of current status of the road.
But unless it was actually very wet you should be able to get in with a 2 wheel drive easy enough. I expect it will have plenty pot holes and lumps and bumps so just need to go real steady.

It doesn't take long for the road in to turn to s**t even after it is graded, but 4 wd shouldn't be needed

Big_unit
25-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Looking to head upto lenthals dam tomorrow or thursday and just wondering if anyone has been up there lately and can tell me what the dirt road in is like. I imagine it would be a bit shotty after the rain but heard rumor that it had recently been graded again. would it still be accessable by 2wd (at steady pace of course) or would they struggle? Cheers

Road is being graded as we speak, they got up to the second grid this afternoon. Even when the road is rough it is still passable with a 2wd vehicle. Wet weather may cause a different set of problems for 2wd vehicles. Wide Bay Water Corporation advises - The access road to the Lake Lenthall recreation area is unsealed gravel track, which requires slow speeds and care to be taken.

Cheers
James

barrafever
25-09-2007, 04:36 PM
thanks James!! Have been up there a few times before in 2wd and had no probs just take it extra slow but wasnt sure how the road was after all that wet weather. Looking forward to a top day out on the lake.
Cheers

Big_unit
27-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Barrafever

How did you go ?

Got a report to post ? any pics ?

Cheers
James

Rob_Bartlett
27-09-2007, 10:12 PM
The road in is in tip top shape. Probably the best I've seen it. Probably due to the fact that it was being finished as I was there on Wednesday.

Fishing wasn't too bad although we failed to land any barra. Still got 14 bass to 45 cm. Half the fish were landed on spinnerbaits with the remainder on jackalls and slickrigs. All were caught casting to the recently flooded weedbeds. A good day was had by a young fella with me catching his first Lenthalls bass.

Can't wait for the water to clear a bit more and warm up.

Rob