PDA

View Full Version : i can guarantee you fish !

jamie martin
25-09-2007, 11:18 AM
ever noticed that some days are better than others, i reckon the moon plays a big part in fishing, i'm not talking about the phases i mean what star sign the moon is in. there is a definite pattern and i think i've worked it out.
here are the primary days for the next month, 26/9, 4/10, 13/10, 14/10, 22/10, 23/10. and here are the secondry days 29/9, 30/9, 8/10, 9/10, 18/10, 19/10, 27/10, 28/10 (morning only this day)
i will only go fishing on the above mentioned days, all other days are a waste of time. i lure fish and with this method and i can guarantee fish.
please let me know what you think, prove me wrong ! and never fish the day of the new moon,day before and day after is ok !

TinarooTriumph
25-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Chillingham in NSW aye... that wouldn't happen to be anywhere near Nimbin would it? ;D ;D ;D

Best time to go for a fish mate is whenever you get the chance to, not some superstitious chart sequence that you follow. Good luck to you!

Theo.

NormC
25-09-2007, 11:52 AM
I've got it worked out too.
You should try to fish on any day with an 'a' in it.
Any other day is a complete waste of time, so I don't bother with those.
;D
Norm C

Little grey men
25-09-2007, 11:59 AM
I agree. I never ever fish the first day of the full moon. I grow hair all over my body and start howling at other fishermen...oops I've said too much.;)

landyman
25-09-2007, 12:11 PM
ever noticed that some days are better than others, i reckon the moon plays a big part in fishing, i'm not talking about the phases i mean what star sign the moon is in. there is a definite pattern and i think i've worked it out.
here are the primary days for the next month, 26/9, 4/10, 13/10, 14/10, 22/10, 23/10. and here are the secondry days 29/9, 30/9, 8/10, 9/10, 18/10, 19/10, 27/10, 28/10 (morning only this day)
i will only go fishing on the above mentioned days, all other days are a waste of time. i lure fish and with this method and i can guarantee fish.
please let me know what you think, prove me wrong ! and never fish the day of the new moon,day before and day after is ok !

I am interested to know how you came up with this.. are these based on days that YOU caught fish.. or is this based on some theory that is based on a general study or thesis.

So, if I dont catch fish on those days will you refund my petrol money :D

Intersting none the less...

disorderly
25-09-2007, 12:59 PM

jamie,do you also have a system for picking the winners at the racetrack?
Seriously though are you just talking freshwater or does your pattern apply to saltwater also?

jamie martin
25-09-2007, 01:50 PM
it can be used in salt water, but can only be sure with fresh. even though when i went salt i caught fish (i only use lures).it is when the moon is in certain star signs like pisces, cancer, scorpio..oops i've told you to much ! p.s. i didn'nt think there were horses to bet on anymore, better follow the dish lickers

jamie martin
25-09-2007, 01:57 PM
i came up with this method by writing my catches down on a calender and noticed certain days were great and the next was crap. it took about 3 years to work out that when the moon is in certain star signs like pisces, cancer, scorpio, the fishing was tops. oops iv'e said to much ! p.s. i'll refund your petrol just send the unused portion to me first. !!!

Little grey men
25-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Are you talking about specific species of freshwater fish ?

jamie martin
25-09-2007, 02:51 PM
it seems to work with any fresh water fish but i would like to hear more, thats why i started this chat, i dont claim to be god, but this system works for me. besides theres no such thing as a good fisherman, only good liars because you can't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Little grey men
25-09-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't know much about how the moon is effected by star signs. How does it work excactly, is the moon positioned in a certain way or something? If you've noticed a marked difference in your fishing, then it's obviously working for you, so more power to you.

jimbamb
25-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Any system is better than none,, I;ll give it a try!!!!!!!!Nothing to lose.

RayB
25-09-2007, 04:59 PM
The good days for me to go fishing are ones that involve the grandparents being available to babysit, my wife not having a more 'important' task that I need to complete etc. Sometimes I feel that the stars need to be in alignment for me to get a days fishing.

Seriously, I have heard that a confident fisherman will catch more fish. Maybe you started to see a pattern and fished with more confidence on certain days and your catch rate went up. Not knocking your theory but posing an alternate possibility to improved catch rate on certain days of the month.

cheers
Ray

BR65
25-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Good luck to ya champ, I can only dream of the days when I can pick and chose which particular days I will fish.
Imagine, 5 knots variable, cracker of a forecast, nope, not fishing today, tomorrow it will be better.
I personally reckon your better off fishing low light periods and tide changes to maximize your chances

cheers
brian

asv43
25-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Jamie, Is there a specific pattern with the dates so they contiue to roll into each month (ie. every 5th day then every 7th day, etc) or are the dates just a result of your experiences over the past three years. Interesting topic, keen to learn more.

Hardb8
25-09-2007, 11:21 PM
I too have been keeping a diary for a number of years,And I've found patterns in moon phases,And in seasons that seem to produce better than others.Both in salt,And fresh.

I can also refer to my diary's and confirm :- Fish in genral,Can be caught on every day in the lunar cycle.

I believe that the old war related saying...Know your enemy.Will serve you well in hunting/finding your quarry.

Your brain is the deadliest weapon in your fishing arsenal by far.Use it.(Study your targets habbits),Add persistance,And you'll find and catch fish.

But....If there is one thing I've learnt in my time as an angler,That I'd set in stone.It would be :-

There's no such thing as a (Guarantee) when it comes to fishing.;)

Cheers. B8.

Herby13
26-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Well here's another theroy! Im going fishing this wknd at Monduran, i cant guarentee that i'll catch fish, but there's one certainity ................. I WILL HAVE ONE HELL OF A GOOD TIME, FISH OR NO FISH!

jamie martin
26-09-2007, 11:50 AM
hope this can answer your questions ! first of all you need an astronomical calender with a moon planting guide. these can be found at hippie/health food stores . the primary days for fishing are when the moon is in scorpio, pisces, and cancer (notice that these are all water creatures scorpion/lobster crayfish, fishes,and crab) and the secondry days are when the moon is in capricorn, taurus and virgo. if you use this formula you can't go wrong, i know you can catch fish on any day (i'm not an idiot, though some may disagree) but this does work and i always seem to catch more on the good days. it's not a confidece thing because i'm always confident.
please don't think this is a crack pot theory untill you've tried it youself, then if you don't catch fish you can critisize me !! i wen't fishing today 26/9 (moon in pisces) and caught 11 bass on lures from 6.00am till 9.30am. seems to work for me !

BR65
26-09-2007, 07:43 PM
besides theres no such thing as a good fisherman, only good liars because you can't let the truth get in the way of a good story

:huh2:

Ive got a bridge for sale if any ones interested

aussiebasser
27-09-2007, 07:25 AM
OK so you say to go fishing when there's a Scorpion, Fish or Crab with the moon. Or, the secondry is a Goat, a Bull or a Virgin. Hmmmmmm, let's see. I'll pick the Virgin, as long as there are no Crabs involved.

I tend to think that this as a lot of Taurus about Pisces myself. Just fish on any day starting with "T", Tuesday, Thursday, Today and Tomorrow!!

shamus
27-09-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm going fishing this sunday... I'll let you know how I go

Roo
28-09-2007, 04:29 PM
A few have made some tongue in cheek comments, and I'll admit, its an easy target, but i'll bet you'll all file this in the memory bank and hope it works for you.;) The Anglers Almanac uses a similar Lunar cycle principle and various Pacific islanders have systems of thier own.
Thanks for sharing your experiences with us Jamie, I'll be sure to take special note of my results tomorrow and if i do alright I'll let you know;D
cheers, Roo.

jamie martin
29-09-2007, 08:56 AM
thanks for your support Roo, it's easy for some people to say my moon theory is crazy but at least i had the guts to put my name to this thread . i've been useing astrological calenders for 12 years and it took years to work this out. i thought this web site was about shareing information , not making negative comments. it's funny that the first people to shoot me down never tested my theory, to be a good fisherman you should be open to new ideas otherwise we would still be using rocks and spears. i only started this thread so other people could have good fishing like i have been enjoying. good luck fishing !

kind_cir
29-09-2007, 06:31 PM
WOW!
I went for a fish today and after thinking I had lost my fishing Mojo I am glad to say it's back.
2 or 3 weekends ago I got a good feed and since then nothing, not even a bite and I had been fishing 8 times. This was rather unusual and I wanted my Mojo back.
A couple of days ago I read this thread and thought sounds like it may work.
I Hit the water this morning in the Passage at Caloundra and got 4 whiting, 1 bream, and 1 flathead. This has been a real boost and I think I may not get too worried anymore if I don't catch a feed when it's the wrong date.

So could you please post up the dates for the rest of the year so I don't go insane.

jamie martin
30-09-2007, 11:52 AM
sounds like a great time " noboat"thanks for your support, i went fishing this morning 30/9 (moon in taurus) and caught 4 bass on lures , the biggest was 44cm. i don't go salt water fishing much but when i do it's always on a good day. i'll get around to posting the dates for the rest of the year soon . be on the look out for an asrological calender with a moon planting guide they should be on sale soon, then you can work it out for yourself next year. all the best noboat please let me know when you go fishing again.

Jeremy87
30-09-2007, 12:35 PM
i will only go fishing on the above mentioned days, all other days are a waste of time.

I'll give you that moon phase can play a significant role in effecting fish activity, but to say all other days other than the ones on your calander are a waste of time is a bit far fetched. Water temp, stages of migration and spawning, abundance of bait fish, insect hatches (moon dependant by the way), barometric pressure all play a part aswell plus probably another dozen parametres unknown to me and the rest of mankind. I would say that the biggest hurdle for wild bass fishing is where they are in migration, there's no point fishing in the top reaches if they are all still down in the salt and so on.

Heres a test, fish every day at the same time and location for a year and then get back to us and we'll see how you go. Already from you comments we can see that you did comparitivly worse with only 4 bass compared to 11.

Sean
30-09-2007, 02:58 PM
I have to admit, I have been reading this thread with quite a deal of interest.
I, like orbyroo found it a little insulting the way people shoot down someone because they dont know them....if this theory was put forth by someone like, say, brownie, everyone would be saying how great it was and talking it up b4 they even try it. In reality, we can't really comment on it's merits or dismerits for a year or so....until we have real evidence for or against.

As JM is the only one who has this, I think he is the only one who can truly comment on it. For all we know, this is probably a very similar system to solunar peaks and how they are worked out.

As orbyroo said, you can bet there is not many people who read this thread that won't check back on it next time they go fishing. I for one have and feel very much how the hell can I tell if or not I beleive it as it's 1 FISHING TRIP!!! 4 Bass on saturday 29/9 but a really slow day.

Anyway, I will take it seriously until I have knowledge that tells me otherwise. Thanks for sharing Jamie Martin, don't worry about the knockers, You will get plenty of them here (wait till you keep a fish!!!lol)

I actually saw one of the charts the other day and struggled to read it so any help in that reguard would be appreciated, Thanks mate, Sean

BR65
30-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Jamie, thanks for your input in shareing your system with us and my apoligies if my posts appeared negative to you, how ever I am relying on my personal experience, both fresh and salt water angling.
Ive tried fishing the the peak bite times according to various differant systems, and I am un-convinced that any one person can guarantee that they will catch a fish according to where the moon is in relation to an astrology sign.
I will certainly agree that some moon phases are more conducive to peak bite periods (and will plan off shore trips accordingly), but there are simply to many variables to say with absolute certainty that at a particular time you will catch a fish.
I can maximize my chances of catching a flathead by fishing a low tide change in the estuary, or a barra in an impoundment at a dawn/dusk session in the fresh, tailor off the rocks in a sou wester, but I still have to fish in the right place with the right technique to (hopefully) have some modicum of success, moon phase is only one ingrediant in the mix.

Mate, keep the posts comeing on your results, with regard to your prefered fishing dates, Im allways keen to learn something new, I just dont agree that the moon phase is the be all and end all when it comes to a successfull trip.

cheers
brian

shayned
30-09-2007, 03:03 PM
I have been following this thread for a bit and thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. we went fresh water fishing on friday morning and absolutely caned it. Using the same techniques and location this morning produced nothing. If my memory serves me correct friday was a null day on your calcs and today a secondary day. Correct me if I'm wrong. Ta Shayne

kind_cir
30-09-2007, 03:28 PM
WOW!
Cleaned up again this morn with 30 odd bream and lots of bait activity on the surface I ditched the bait for a popper which accounted for around half the catch. All bream were released as they were in the 23-24cm range {leagle 23cm}. Was hoping for some bigger and if I kept all leagle fish the esky and freezer would be full.
Can't wait for the 13&14/10 { peak fishing dates} as I will be having a camping and fishing trip down Bribie. I am so cofident I will not pack the food and just eat fresh fish all weekend.

BR65
30-09-2007, 03:55 PM
NoBoat, that is awesome.
You fished 8 times for not even a bite, then smacked the bream, and it was only a nominated secondary day!!!

Cant wait to see your results for a primary date.

cheers
brian

kind_cir
30-09-2007, 04:11 PM
NoBoat, that is awesome.
You fished 8 times for not even a bite, then smacked the bream, and it was only a nominated secondary day!!!

Cant wait to see your results for a primary date.

cheers
brian
Mate she's guna be like winning the LOTO!

Awesom!

BR65
30-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Toss this in,
I fished my never fail flathead spot yesterday arvo after work, consistantly manage a feed of fresh fish at this local, it was a secondary date, should still be ok though hey, 20 knots of northerly and the water was like mud, 2 half hearted bumps and not a fish banked.
Dunno, maybe its just me

cheers
brian

Flex
30-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Nice theory Jamie. Good to see someone putting a bit scientific process into working out why some days fish better than others.

I have started a diary aswell, its about 6months old so a bit early to tell.

I fish down the local weir for barra. I have had a huge problem in working out why the fish bite one day and not the next.

Its a very very small system I fish in so the fish cant go far, some days i'll pull up 6-7 barra in an hour. I go down the next and get none. I have been trying to work out a moon phase pattern for ages now.

I'll def give yours a crack, i'll post back my results

kind_cir
30-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Toss this in,
I fished my never fail flathead spot yesterday arvo after work, consistantly manage a feed of fresh fish at this local, it was a secondary date, should still be ok though hey, 20 knots of northerly and the water was like mud, 2 half hearted bumps and not a fish banked.
Dunno, maybe its just me

cheers
brian
From what I coud gather it was a secondary day and you had to fish the morning only to be successfull.
They would of knocked off after the morning feeding frenzy. Sorry you missed it ah.

jamie martin
01-10-2007, 09:02 AM
thanks to everyone who's replied to this thread. i had to write "i can guarantee you fish" to get people to read this. i'm not the best fisherman in the world and i have caught no fish on several occaisions, even on my so called good days. but since i've been using the moon to go fishing i've had more success than i've ever had before. if i go fishing on a primary moon day (pisces, scorpio,cancer) i can bet that i will catch fish, my success rate is about 95%. the word "fish" is both singular and plural so one fish is enough. that doesn't sound many i know but compared to none it sounds better. i mainly fish freshwater (99% of the time) so i can only comment on my freshwater experience, i know saltwater is effected by tides and wind etc. thats why this thread is in the freshwater chat. i've gone fishing on days that aren't on my good days list and caught heaps and next time i've gone on a primary moon day caught none , so i know my theory is not perfect but it's something. i wish it was perfect, but thats why they call it "FISHING" not catching ! please keep the comments coming (good or bad ! ) i'd like to know how people went. if my theory can help you catch fish i've done my job haha.
jamie

Sean
01-10-2007, 12:57 PM
yeah, i agree, the hard hitting titles get people reading.....noboat and br65, i think you are a pair of smartasses. Sean

kind_cir
01-10-2007, 04:07 PM
yeah, i agree, the hard hitting titles get people reading.....noboat and br65, i think you are a pair of smartasses. Sean
SEAN IS A SMARTASS TOO!
Sorry about the hard hitting title, I just wanted people to read it

Little grey men
01-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Gee I love this site

You guys crack me up !!!;D

BR65
01-10-2007, 06:27 PM
so eloquently put there Sean.

Jaimie, please keep posting your results and hopefully show me that you can guarantee fish according to the moon.

cheers
brian

kind_cir
01-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Sorry bout the silly stuff, but back to bussiness.

A little tip worth trying to help in your own mind to back up your system woud be to go through the reports section and see if your dates consistantly corrispond with good catches. Or see if your dates yeild a higher catch rate and quality.
Lots of info right there to see if your on track.
Example: you might find out of 100% of reports 70% corrispond with your dates.

Jeremy87
01-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Hey Jamie is your diary hand writen or as a excel spread sheet. Theres a bit of talk about putting it to a proper scientific test. If you have 3 years worth of data from both peak and non peak days with both positive and negative results (ie days when you caught no fish aswell as days when you caught heaps on both non peak and peak days) listed and i can do a proper statistical analysis for you to determine if and to what degree your days are better/worse/similar to non peak days. All i need is the peak dates, dates fished and number of fish caught

jamie martin
02-10-2007, 08:32 AM
unfortunately i don't have my old calenders with my fishing results. it might sound like a cop out but i don't have any sceintific proof. since i moved to chillingham in 2002 i haven't kept a diary, i just try to go fishing on the so called good days. sometimes i go on so called bad days because i just want to fish, i've had mixed results on these days.i've had mixed results on good days too. i still maintain that if i go on a primary day i will catch fish and would bet money on it.
i'll give out more dates soon and try and explain more about the calenders soon.
jamie

Matt_Campbell
02-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Jamie

I use the Anglers almanac alot. If its a white day in the almanac, I know i'm gunna struggle to get a longy out off Bribie. Same with bassing. I'll still go but the number of times I've gone out on a white day and drawn a blank isn't just co-incidence in my opinion. With the price of fuel these days, might pay to fish the black/dark grey days only.

Matt C

Roo
02-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks for sharing your experiences with us Jamie, I'll be sure to take special note of my results tomorrow and if i do alright I'll let you know;D
cheers, Roo.
tomorrow never came:o :o while packing my gear in the car, i was distracted enough to forget to put one of my bags in the car.......the one with all the reels in it:-[ as we were 2hrs away for a family gig, i didn't get to go back for them...
I did have a lash on sunday arvo down at my local creek just on dusk with some mini poppers....1 whiting hooked up but an early release due to drag not set so hooks didn't set. a few bream had a sip at it and a flathead boofed it but no hookup.
went out in the boat on monday. tried a few weed beds again with the mini poppers. 1 little rat bream and a few missed. moved up to the whiting grounds up stream and waded the flats, a few more missed hits before popper gets boofed by a nice 60cm flatty. yum yum fish for tea. a few more bream on pastics but all just rats.

cheers, Roo.

wamjam
02-10-2007, 10:22 PM
:o :-/ This freshwater lure fishing is getting confusing;
lure colour
lure action
lure shape
lure size
lure depth
timber lure
plastic lure
surface lure
bibbless lure
weather condition
wind direction
line size
braid
mono
reel type
rod type
is this spot fished out
fishermans almanac
old mate at the tackel shop said!
work mates said!
brother sister said!
mum or dad said!
barometric presure
missus thinks your mad for reading ausfish all the time
missus thinks your mad for trying to catch fish the rest of the time
water temp
time of year
closed season
and star signs
Geeze I'm glad I don't have worry about tides!!!

Can someone please knock me up a calender with the best days and time to fish in the 2360 area???.
Thanks wamjam

bdowdy
02-10-2007, 10:26 PM
lol spot on wamjam , sorry didnt catch up the other day i tried calling you but you must have new number, im off to the goldy for flathead comp talk soon, pm me if you wish ..bdowdy..brett

jamie martin
03-10-2007, 12:41 PM
hi Matt Campbell, i'm glag you mentioned the grey and white days. my first fishing diary was kept in one of the almanacs, i noticed that while the times were spot on the days seemed to be reversed. if the almanac said it was goig to be a good day i had a shocker while the bad days i did pretty well . crazy !!
jamie

oldboot
03-10-2007, 09:01 PM
No jim lad stop right there.

don't spill the beans any further...........at least till you've written a magazine article and got paid for it;D ;D

regardless of the scientific validity there are people who will pay for this sort of information.

Hell you could write a book on "alternative fishing methods"

or may be open a service that gives celestial guidance for fishing

You can bet your last length of fishing line that there will be some sort of fung sui philosophy about fishing.

Regardles of the truth or effectiveness of the matter, a book about various " folk beliefs" about fishing would be a great read.

These things are always a big pile of festering dung.......... but somewhere in that pile of dung there is always a gem of truth..

cheers

wamjam
03-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Gday old boot
Mate I think jamie is to genuine of a bloke to make a dollar out of his theory ,otherwise he wouldn't have shared it with us all. Looking foward to trying it, combined with some of the above.
Thanks for sharing Jamie.
wamjam

jamie martin
04-10-2007, 09:19 AM
hi oldboot and wam jam, hey oldboot theres a song that goes "roses really smell like poo ! " i thought about making money out of my theory but who would buy it , i wouldn't ! i'm not happy i'm the one who worked this out because it sounds like a crock of shit ! it took a lot of convincing of myself to put this info out there because it makes me an easy target.
heres some more primary days for the rest of the year.
primary - 1/11, 9/11, 11/11, 19/11, 20/ 11, 27/11, 28/11, 6/12, 7/12, 8/12, 16/12, 17/12, 24/12, 25/12, 26/12 (morning only this day)
please note that on the 10/11 there is a new moon and even though it happens to be a primary day i dont reccomend any one fish this day , i wont !
secondry days - 4/11, 5/11, 6/11(morning only this day) 14/11, 15/11, 23/11, 24/11, 1/12, 2/12, 3/12, 11/12,12/12, 13/12, 20/12, 21/12, 29/12, 30/12.
i'll try to explain a bit more. the astrological calender and moon planting guide is by thomas zimmer it helps to plant ,prune etc. it works quite well i began using this calender as my fishing diary and worked out that wheh the moon is in a water sign ( picses, cancer , scorpio) this fishing was consistantly good.
the calender itself is on a poster with the days and dates in a ring (almost like a clock for the year) inside the ring shows the months and what star sign the sun is in (the zodiac) on the outside of the ring shows the phases of the moon and the moon signs (what starsign the moon is in) the water signs (pisces, cancer ,scorpio) are 3 star signs apart and thats where i got my secondry days (moon in taurus, virgo, capricorn) from, they are in the middle of the water signs. every second moon sign is either a primary or secondry fishing time.
if you can find out what star sign the moon is in, the info must be out there somewhere you probably dont need one of these calenders. the guy who does them must get the info from somewhere and he gets a years worth.
i wont fish on a new moon i cant seem to catch fish that day , anyone else have this problem ?
i also wont fish friday 13th, i've had two eletric motors blow up on me both on friday 13th's (different days) i'm not really superstious but i got the message !
jamie

Little grey men
04-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Hey Jamie, I wouldn't worry too much about being an easy target, sure a lot of people will have a go at you,( just a bit of fun ) but I'm also sure that a lot of the same people will still be thinking about your fishing diary. Myself included.
I learned a long time ago that you never stop learning, and not to close your mind to something because it's unkmown to you.
We have all had day's when fish almost jump onto our lines and others when we stand around scratching our bums and waiting for a fish to stike. These can be days where nothing seems out of the ordinary ie, time of day, barometric pressure, time of year, boat has the right stickers on it.
I've often thought, why did the fish hit today ????
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, knowledge and experience on this.

jamie martin
04-10-2007, 10:40 AM
I've often thought, why did the fish hit today ????

i've often thought why did i FISH today ????

Roo
30-11-2007, 08:46 AM
After revisting this thread to look for the prediction dates for december, i did a bit of googling and found a handy tide/moonphase predictor that a guy set up using the Maori moon phase calender to predict best fishing times. i figured you lot might like to look at it. I already had a tide predictor on my desktop, but this ahas the added bonus of Moon phase, tidal flow, and a graph for peak bite periods. The attachemnt is a snapshot of todays graph. the pink bits are the peaks for bite times.

http://www.wtides.com/fishing.htm (http://www.wtides.com/fishing.htm)
Cheers Roo.

Roo
03-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Well, I gave it a go. Check the Attachment Graph in the above post and see the Pink coloured Bite peak period at dawn for 1 dec tweed region and then check my report in Offshore for tweed saturday..4:30am and the bait that i'd expext to find on the reef were nowhere to be seen but there were fish holding on the front edge of the reef and they were hungry.....untill about 7am when they were no longer keen to feed and had spread over the top of the reef.
I guess It may be just luck or coincidence, but nothing like a bit of success to get you thinking!!

Cheers Roo.

baitwaster
03-12-2007, 12:05 PM
I normally don't go in for hippy gear like this, but I'll try it for sure. Even if it doesn't work, I will have a lot of time away from the girls nagging and crying at home in the name of science, and it certainly can't hurt my fishing record ;)

caveman
04-12-2007, 09:42 PM
pm me the date for the next 3months for the best days to fish the fresh mate