PDA

View Full Version : Painting quote is this OK

imported_QCR
25-09-2007, 07:17 AM
I have had a quote to paint the sides and stern of a 5m Hooker I'm restoring. It will be painted from the gunnel to the chine.I have done the filling and sanding and they will supply the 2 pack, mask up (including plastic over inside to protect inside finish) and then spray the hi fill undercoat, fill and sand any imperfections and then apply finish in white.

The quote is $800 and I was wondering if this could be considered a fair price

Thanks

Terry

waynesworld
25-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Yeh Do It.does It Come With Warrenty?

propdinger
25-09-2007, 08:24 AM
sounds good the 2 pak paint would cost around $200-$300 if you bought it and then the labour so it seems a fair price aslong as they do good work

BM
25-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Thas a cheap price.

imported_QCR
25-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Thanks all

I havent had any spray painting done so wasnt sure.

It goes in tomorrow

Terry

deadbeatloser
25-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks all

I havent had any spray painting done so wasnt sure.

It goes in tomorrow

Terry

let us know the out come m8

Blackened
25-09-2007, 07:05 PM
G'day

Sounds fair, what brand of paint are they using?

Why aren't you doing the underside of the hull as well?

Dave

lippa
25-09-2007, 07:20 PM
im a spraypainter, i wouldnt spray my own for that price!
good luck with the referb mate.

cheers

lippa

imported_QCR
25-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks Guys for the comments,

Blackened, Not sure on the exact brand but he seems to know what he's doing and came highly recommended.
The bottom of the hull is in good condition and was water blasted and re flow coated recently and while it is not perfect it will do for now, this is an X pro trout dory and the sides were badly knocked about with the rego numbers scratched into the hull with a screw driver and it had been bashed about by the mothership so it has been a job to get it this far. I have not the man power or the room and facilities to roll her over at this point so will consider that in the future. In the mean time I have cut out the esky and trout tank have put in an alloy fuel tank into the cavity where the trout tank was and have an alluminium centre console being made to fit over top of the fuel tank and what remains of the trout tank.
It will then have bow rails and a T-top over the console and finally will be finished off with a 60HP yamaha.

catfishkid
25-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Sounds pretty god to me.
I got a quote to get my boat painted by the guys next door to where i work at narangba,they paint all the fisher boats apparantly.
They push a boat in looking like crap and it comes out a masterpiece.
I hope you get this sort of result.
What area are you in ?If you are nearby you can check them out at 6 richards road narangba.

Cheers Craig:)

gavsgonefishing
25-09-2007, 10:53 PM
sounds very good. I hope you know these guys do a good job and spend the time your boat deserves. You pay for what your get.

imported_QCR
26-09-2007, 06:36 AM
Thanks Craig

A bit far away for me I'm in Mission Beach FNQ