PDA

View Full Version : thanks to Ausfisher Shaneo

ashh
24-09-2007, 02:48 PM
most of my fishing is done late into the night and early morning hours, so I really needed some spottys on my little boat. I picked up some 100 watt hella rallye 1000's (1 spreader and 1 pencil beam) for a great price off e-bay and then needed to mount them somehow.
I designed and drew up a simple, removable, bracket/mount with the required specs, so I could get them up near the top of the windscreen for ease of use, and scanned and e-mailed the pics to shaneo to make up.
It was constructed exactly how I wanted and as you can see from the pics, its built to last. After a couple of water tests, it all works a treat, and last but not least it was done for a great price ;)

So if you need some quality ally welding done, I wouldnt hesitate for a moment in recommending fellow ausfisher Shaneo. Thanks again mate.

oh, and thanks to finga for the electrical/wiring advice. :D

mirage
24-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Now all you need is a bull bar and some big XXXX and Bundy stickers for the windscreen! ;D
Seriously though, certainly should do the job lighting the place up.

Hamish73
24-09-2007, 05:18 PM
looks good, but I am curious
When do you use the lights?
When under way and navigating?
I definately wouldnt want to be in your vicinity when you have them on , wouldnt be able to see a thing

Benny01
24-09-2007, 06:54 PM
just watch those lights cos when both on they will pull a bit over 16 amps which will be more than the alternator can put out so it will drain your battery. so be careful if you only have elec start

ashh
24-09-2007, 07:06 PM
is all good, only use them for when moving about and have pull start incase batt goes flat. Used them for quite a while on friday night and the battery showed no signs of fading at all. Only use the spreader unless I need to light up both sides of a dark river, and if another boatie is coming towards me I just direct the light away from em. :)

shano
24-09-2007, 10:36 PM
looks great ash thanks for posting up the pics!!!! and thanks for the plug!

Sandman
25-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Shano do you weld stainless ?

shano
25-09-2007, 09:54 PM
i sure do sandman;) i do it all mate!