PDA

View Full Version : Pics of South Pacific windlass and anchor

ozscott
23-09-2007, 05:14 PM
I promised a photo of my set up to a couple of people - here it is. Its on a 21foot seafarer vagabond (late 70s). Its a 700f winch, 6mm chain, off the shelf articulated roller/sprit, custom ss plates to support rollers, off the shelf split bollard for snigging chain and tying off nylon rode, and a Manson Plough. Works very nicely.

Cheers

Chimo
23-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi Oz

Can you you please take a shot from above, interested in the set up in relation to the pre existing hatch and bolard above the anchor well.

It almost looks like it fitted in front of the hatch and cf to the current Vag seems to be dropping the chain and rode thru the pre existing cutout in the front of the well hatch.

Like I said tho I'm guessing and assuming the fore deck layout on yours is more or less the same as the later Vags.

Thanks in anticipation

Cheers
Chimo

ozscott
23-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Hi Chimo - I will take a shot for you. The hatch is about half an inch behind the rearmost portion of the winch. The area that I had to cut through was about an inch and a quarter of fiberglass and wood - about a third of that is solid glass! She didnt need any re-inforcing. My chain and rope goes straight down into the section made for the rode, in front of and open to the V-birth. Never any dramas with snagging.

Cheers

ozscott
23-09-2007, 06:20 PM
....this is another pic I took this PM before the sun went down ..boats a bit dirty!

You can see the set up a bit better Chimo. I took off the old small bollard that was a little back and centre - ie about where the front of the winch now is, and took off the old small roller. I never had a hole in the deck for the rode until I took out my hole saw.

Cheers

PS. Will take an above shot over the next few days mate.

Chimo
23-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Hio Oz

Ta so far; will await the aerial shots with interest!

Cheers buddy

Chimo

ColacGirl
06-10-2007, 06:54 AM
Hi Chimo,

Here's a pic of a 710F South Pacific windlass on a Seafarer Ventura 17

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f223/BevB2u/2006_0604_hatch.jpg

--
Bev