PDA

View Full Version : Thought you might be interested!!

Broomey
22-09-2007, 10:17 PM
After quite sometime have decieded to up grade from my 5.8 C/Console to a plate Centre Cab , after a long time looking and asking a lot of questions and getting quotes decieded to go the Gold Star Brand {WA built, makes sense as I live in Broome, so freight was a factor here as well}. We decieded on a 6.2 Excallibur model, with a V Berth Centre Cab, will have Navman F/Finder, Plotter, VHF radio, electric winch, deck wash, 2 side seats that clip onto the side pockets so are fully removable, self draining deck, 250 lt under floor fuel and a 225 Honda pushing her along. Made some changes to the Centre Cab, as on the test drive noticed I was'nt getting good visability, as the top of the windscreen was blocking my line of sight, so had to duck my head or stand on toes, and steering wheel was a bit low for me, as there was'nt a lot of room to move the steering wheel higher the easiest way to solve both problems was to raise the hieght of the cab by a further 200ml, so sorted both problems at the same time.
Will attach photos as the boat was being built, at present just about ready for the painters, hope you enjoy looking at a WA built boat.:D

Eddy

Hamish73
22-09-2007, 10:22 PM
looks the goods :)
stupid question time, thats the big hole in the front of the cab for?

Broomey
22-09-2007, 10:25 PM
And a few more,photo angles don't really do it justice, boat has a 18 degree dead rise, rear kill tank, so should be stable at rest, oh yeah has a 2.6 beam!!!
Any way interested to hear your comments. :)

Broomey
22-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Hi Hamish, not a stupid question really, thats the window thats going up the front of the cab!!;)

plaztix
22-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Awesome rig mate, love the walkaround factor of the centre cabs and also a spot for the missus and kids to bunk down, or the mates when their too pissed to fish. hehe

Shes a big brute, hugh.

The little seat in front of the cab is a great idea too.

Nice boat, bet you cant wait to get her wet.

Broomey
23-09-2007, 12:41 AM
ha ha ha , Plaztix, yep she is a big brute, and agree with you re comments on cab, intend to go exploring for new fishing grounds around some of the islands of the coast of Derby, so somewhere to camp up if not on an island beach somewhere, or if we get caught in a Wet Season storm overnight.
Most of our storage area is in the cab area, so everything will stay dry and out of the way, forgot to mention, have got a GME Sereo going in as well, along with other goodies, the blokes at the dealership were great to deal with, and quite willing to make the changes we wanted, wether it was to do with the trailer, to cab or motor, originally was going with a 175, then test drove one in heavy swell and decieded better of with Max HP, dealer did a great deal only $1000 more for extra 50HP, so far we are more than happy with the way things are comming along, the contstant updates from both dealer and builder are great.
Here's the last pic for now, view rear deck area;)

Eddy

jeffbqld
23-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Nice looking boat.

You mentioned the boat has a beam of 2.6 mtrs.

For trailering I thought the max width you can legally tow was 2.5m. 0.1 of a mtr is not much but if something goes wrong, will the insurance company still cover you?
I believe you can still legally tow wide loads of 2.5mtrs+ but you need to display flags,signs and lights.

Is the rules different in WA?

Jeff

Luke G
23-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Jeff over here you don't need lights till your over 3m I beilve just overwidth signs and flags. You can alsoi only tow during daylight hours.

Cheers

finga
23-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Looking real good.
I can't wait to see the final product :)
You've got to love the universal radius gauge...an empty wire spool :D

Broomey
23-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Thanks fellas, seems most people like her, Jeff, yep your right, legally it is over width, but can't see anyone getting too concerned in Broome :) , missus and I will probably drive down and tow her home 2300kms,that way can minimise any paint damage, will get an apron made for the trailer to stop those stones :o , regarding insurance, good point, will have to double check on that one.

Eddy

gavsgonefishing
23-09-2007, 08:46 PM
tough looking boat, dont worry about the vision being blocked, from my experience no matter what height you are, how much planning, the bloody top of the windscreen will ALWAYS block your vision.

I would love to see one in real life, with all that width.

Broomey
24-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks Gav, builder spoke to me today, she's into the paint shop later on today, will post more as I get them.

Your probably right, no matter what you do, that bl##dy top frame will always get in the way!!::)

Trackamick
24-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Looks like it will be a fantastic rig.
What colour will it be.
Theres plenty of room for the fishos and I like how much walkaround space there is around the cab.
Looking forward to some pics of the finished product.
Jealous Tracka.:P

pilchardjones
24-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Eddy,
A wise choice.
I love my Goldstar and found dealing with Warren so very easy. The build process was a joy, even though I am in Townsville and the factory in Perth. Warren emailed pics every week and he was very willing to accomodate my little ideas and changes. You will love your boat - its looking great. Workmanship is absolutely 1st class and all fittings are top quality.
Steve

Broomey
24-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Traka & Steve thanks for your comments and encouragement , Yaka, its going to be painted a Dark Teal color, sorta bluey green, should come OK, Steve, seen your Boat on some promotional material that Gold Star put out, Yep I agree, Warren great to deal with and the changes I want to make never seem to be a problem, all done with a minimum of fuss, photos are sent at most stages so I can see where the boys are up to, as I can't be there personally to have a look for myself the photos make me feel as if I am.:)

Spoke with Warren this morning, and he told me he was told that I was posting photo's of one of his boats on Ausfish, think he is OK with it;)

Will keep posting more as they come

Eddy

Broomey
25-09-2007, 03:40 PM
On her way to the paint shop!!!;D

Broomey
01-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Well, after 8 pain staking weeks , she is just about ready to be picked up, out of the Builders, out of the Paint Shop, had trim, bimini, and shade done fitted now into dealers to get all electrics fitted, all the goodies that ya need when you go fishing ;D , and the big banger, Honda 225.
Driving to Perth on Sunday should be there Monday afternoon, to see her in The Flesh, then prop and sea trial during the week, and hopefully hook her up for the long drag home:o to Broome on Friday.
Anyway for you fellas that like to see a boat built from Go To nearly Whoa, her she is........8-)

Broomey

dnej
01-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Yummo,
wow wow eee wow wow Nice job
David

pilchardjones
01-11-2007, 12:12 PM
wow,
looks great. please post after you take it for a run and let us know how it went. the 225 should fly, and the ride will be great.
steve

Timmy94
01-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Awesome looking boat. How much all up with the 225 Honda?

mik01
01-11-2007, 06:05 PM
wow - I'm jealous!!

nice ride there - yeah post us a report on your first dip in the water.

ffejsmada
01-11-2007, 06:40 PM
You're a lucky bugger Broomey!!!!!

Spaniard_King
01-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Crikeys Broomey, Should be a nice rig with the big honda :)

Be interesting to see what prop you will run. I have a 225 Honda on my rig swinging a 17 Vengeance. My boat is 2Tonne on the water (2.7T on the trailer) I am guessing you should be starting with a 19 on that boat. 4100rpm sees me doing 25 knots for 32l/hr :D

Fish Guts
01-11-2007, 08:43 PM
well done its a great looking boat. all the best with it.

cheers

fish guts

Broomey
01-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks Fellas, yeah I reckon she should fly toooo;D

Spaniard, they are going to try a 4 blade Solas, 19", then well see how she goes, from there we are just going to experiment with different sizes, and see which one we get the best results on, thank god the dealer is only a short distance from thr boat ramp::)
Have got the Ausfish Stickers already, got the name ordered, should be here in a week or so, so when we get back can put the Cosmetics on:o

More pics then

Broomey

Broomey
01-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Awesome looking boat. How much all up with the 225 Honda?
Timmey not a lot of change from 71k, my missus reckons its my midlife crisis, but instead of a red sports car going for a Boat instead8-)
Was going to go a 175,but did a pretty good deal with dealer , could upgraded for bugger all extra dollars, so why not, no extra weight, both the same @ 267kg's and an extra 50 HP, which I'm sure will come in handy at times:D

Broomey

chris_s
01-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Congrats Broomey, it's a bloody good feeling isn't it.....and the best thing is that, that feeling never really washes off. You will find yourself just heading outside and staring at it for no other reason but to admire (or is that just me that does that). Good luck and good boating.

Broomey
02-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Hi Chris, thanks mate, and no its not just you that keeps admiring there boat, I still do that with the one we have got,had it for 2 yrs, and every time I have a beer outside I just sit there and keep looking at her,I think I''l be worse with this one ::) ;D :P

KAGEY1
06-11-2007, 08:59 PM
congrats and best wishes with the newie! maybe you could be the new malcolm douglas with a weapon like that.
cheers, geoff

Broomey
11-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Funny fella Kagey1 ;D ,well got the boat home on Sat pm, long slow drive back from Perth 2200 kms, top speed 100km, boat towed well everything good., no flats, no bearing probs, just added to the profits of the oil companies, as did'nt get real good fuel economy in the Prado :'( , but she's home now and did'nt even get a stone chip :o , just rubbed the hull slightly where the home made stone guards were rubbing, but nothing cutting compound could'nt fix.
Will post up more picks shortly,

Broomey