PDA

View Full Version : Front Casting Plat form complete

mjbpjk
22-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Hi Guys,
I just completed the front casting platform in my new boat. Seeing as I couldn’t put an in floor tank in I have made this casting platform to store my 2x25L fuel tanks and some outside safety gear. Tomorrow ill be putting in some underfloor storage for all my life jackets and wet weather gear.

Tell us what you think.

Cheers Pete

plaztix
22-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Looks mickey mouse mate. Would have thought it was original.

What boat is it?

What did you make the frame out of?

I'm looking at building one myself out of 25mm ali rhs but am unsure how because i'm thinking of making it removable.

Again top effort, very nicely finished.:thumbsup:

Hamish73
22-09-2007, 10:17 PM
awesome job :o looks better than most factory fitouts

ttone
22-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi Pete,
Congratulations on your effort thus far, WELL DONE mate!!!
Looking forward to the completition.
Cheers ttone

mjbpjk
23-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Looks mickey mouse mate. Would have thought it was original.

What boat is it?

What did you make the frame out of?

I'm looking at building one myself out of 25mm ali rhs but am unsure how because i'm thinking of making it removable.

Again top effort, very nicely finished.:thumbsup:

Thanks Allot to everyone for their nice comments :)

plaztix,

the boat is a 489 Stacer seahorse Elite and is fitted with a side sports console. Its a great boat but was bum heavy with the 113kg 4st on the back. Now with the casting platform done its perfect.
I wanted mine to be removable to and didn’t want to go screwing and drilling to much into the boat. The whole platform is made out of 17mm and 12mm ply and has been built to be free standing. Its attached with 6 bolts mounted upside down in the floor so it wont move and the nuts can be removed and the platform just slides back and out. The ply weight has transformed the boat i went out today in quite a chop and for a big tinny the boat rode much better then was expected.

I didn’t use ali as i had heaps of ply and realty needed the extra weight up front, but if you can weld ali go for it. Believe me its very rewarding.

Cheers Pete

mjbpjk
02-10-2007, 09:13 PM
just a few final pix of the casting platform and underfloor storage thats now complete.
cheers pete

plaztix
02-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Looks good mate, thanks for the pics.

Was thinking of doing the same with the underfloor storage, stacks of room under there, begging to be used.

What size tank is that?

Looks huge, you could motor to NZ on that.

mjbpjk
02-10-2007, 10:00 PM
plaztix,

the tanks a 50l from whitworths.
I could of gone for a 75l but i really cant see me using all that fuel for what i do. Some people get 85-100km's out of a 25l plastic tank and i cant see me going 150-200km's in a day.

cheers Pete