PDA

View Full Version : Underfloor fuel tanks for Brookers

boogsboat
21-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Has anyone been able to fit underfloor fuel tanks in a Brooker 5 metre discovery CC. Brooker themselves won't do it. Only after market and cost is anywhere from $800 to $1000. :-/

bugman
22-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Good thread.

I've got a 5m Discovery on order - arrives soon apparently>:(.

I'm in the same boat and want to fit an 80l under floor. I'd been thing midfloor and closer to the bow - just before the front seat.

I was looking to do it myself with a bit of a guide from someone who new what they were doing::)

If I get designs - I'll let you know.

Brett

boogsboat
22-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Good thread.

I've got a 5m Discovery on order - arrives soon apparently>:(.

I'm in the same boat and want to fit an 80l under floor. I'd been thing midfloor and closer to the bow - just before the front seat.

I was looking to do it myself with a bit of a guide from someone who new what they were doing::)

If I get designs - I'll let you know.

Brett
Hi Brett,

Apparently there is space under the floor for a tank, however the catch is with the fuel intake, When I looked at the runabout brookers there is a centre peice in the floor which is removable. I'm hoping that as I am buying the centre console version that I will have the same floor configuration as this. My plan was to put my tanks in here and run plumbing back under the floor to motor and to gunwal for filler. However it appears that fuel tank manufacturers have decided to charge a hefty fee for tanks with side intakes, you can buy top fill tanks from BIAS etc relatively cheap but I don't think we have enough space under the floor for the intake. I'm currently thinking I may have to hinge the flor and lift it to fill the tank not my ideal situation as I don't like any overflow sitting in the bilge "NOT GOOD". However if there is any over flow I'll just have to flush bilge at servo before I put my BUNGS in.

Any other Ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers and Good Luck With Your Boat

Nathan.

P.S How much longer do you have to wait?

gavsgonefishing
22-09-2007, 11:20 PM
I have 2 x 90ltr ss tanks about 1200 long just taken out of my boat ifthey can be of use, probably talk beer prices as I dont give a shit.

bugman
23-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Gav,

Your the man,

How high are they and are they top fill or side fill?.

I'll be up in two weeks so I'll come and see you if you haven't got rid of them yet.

Brett

gavsgonefishing
23-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Brett,
Im going down to play with the boat tomorrow, so ill measure them up and get back to you. They are top fill, but I have taken the flange off to use on my new tanks. Theres a guy very close to the tanks who made my newies, so I am sure he can put a flange in for you. The pickup is at the back bottom and the breather is at the front top, theres a left and right tank so the top fill can be on either side.

fishingrod
23-09-2007, 07:01 PM
However if there is any over flow I'll just have to flush bilge at servo before I put my BUNGS in.

Some types of underfloor floatation foam will react and get eaten away by petrol ! You will still probably get some fumes in your bilge even if you dont spill it.
Im suprised that Brooker dont offer factory underfloor tanks. Thats a bugger.

cheers, Rod