PDA

View Full Version : New Boat

boogsboat
21-09-2007, 08:32 PM
As a new member I would like to thank all the fellow members on this site for their input on questions raised. By trawling through the thousands of threads in respect of boats, motors and setups I finally took the plunge last week and ordered my new boat. She is a 5 metre centre console brooker with a 60 yammie 4st, she'll be painted black with white insides. It comes with trailer,nav lights,bilge safety gear and it only cost a fraction over 19k. Can't wait for delivery only 5 weeks to go. The old 12 footer is going to have to do until then.

Once again thanks for the input and tight lines to all.:D

KAGEY1
21-09-2007, 10:04 PM
good luck with the newby. waiting is a b*tch isn't it?
cheers, geoff

MyEscape
22-09-2007, 03:30 AM
Boogs,

Do you know what weight your new hull is. I had a 475 Stacer bowrider with a 60 Yammie and at times I thought it needed a little more.

But, it was a nice boat and your sounds great too.

All the best with it.

Steve

boogsboat
22-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Steve,

I think the weight will be in the vicinity of around 300+ kilos as the brochure says it is 285kg but that was for the old pressed boats. They are now 3mm plate bottom and sides as apposed to 3mm & 2mm. Will mainly be used for some coastal fishing and alot of lure flicking in and around brisbane water and up the Hawkesbury for Jews.

Cheers.

Nathan

MyEscape
22-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Ok Boogs,

So the stacer bowrider weighed a little more. I think it was around 450+ kilos so you should have a little goer.

Good on you

Steve