PDA

View Full Version : A Message from Kingtin

Poodroo
20-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Hi all, I was asked by Kingtin to do a post on his behalf because he has been quiet of late due to some health issues. He will probably be undergoing a medical proceedure and hopefully all will be okay. For those of you who have been wondering where he has been he would like to let you know that he has not abandoned Ausfish and will be back online soon.

Kind regards,

Poodroo

longtail
20-09-2007, 07:45 PM
I was thinking just this afternoon that i had not seen Kev online for a while.

Hope all goes well for ya mate , and see ya back on here soon.

Jason.

Horse
20-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I had missed Kev's input in a lot of discussions.

See you back to your best soon

Cheers

Neil

imnotoriginal
20-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Get well Kev :) Hope to see you back on board soon.
Joel

manchild
20-09-2007, 08:08 PM
We ll be having those beers on Cruose island soon i hope.Get well mate if ya read this.
cheers
George
Ps:even if you dont of course:)

Lovey80
20-09-2007, 09:11 PM
My hole life has been upside down without "Kev's top tips" I don't know what to do with myself.

Get well soon mate

Cheers Chris

disorderly
20-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Yeah it's been a bit lame around here of late without kev's wit to keep us all honest.
Hope it all gets sorted,mate, it's just not the same without you!

regards Scott

jtpython
20-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Hope all is well and safe with you mate
JT

snasman
20-09-2007, 09:27 PM
good luck with it all Kev

Obi _ Wan
20-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks for letting us all know Poodroo.
Hope all goes well for Kev and that he is back on the water soon.
Best Wishes

Obi_Wan

haggis
20-09-2007, 09:53 PM
get well soon kingtin .
all the best haggis

nigelr
21-09-2007, 05:46 AM
Best wishes Kev to you and yours, hope to 'see' you back soon.
Those 'vermin' are breeding out of control..................
Cheers.

theoldlegend
21-09-2007, 06:41 AM
Hope everything turns out OK for you Kev.

Plenty more shovellies waiting to be caught.

Good luck,

TOL

lippa
21-09-2007, 08:12 AM
those poor nurses!
get well mate

lippa

wags on the water
21-09-2007, 08:45 AM
All the best for a speedy recovery Kev, and as it's already been said, can't wait for more of Kev's handy hints.

Thanks to Poodroo for the info.

Wags

szopen
21-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Get well Kev,

AutoPilot
21-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I hope everythings goes well Kingtin....All the best

Kind Regards
Scott

cuzzamundi
21-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks poodroo, was just about to pm him and see where he's been.

I hope all's well kev, and we all look forward to your return - something's been missing on here and ive just realised what!Look forward to catching up soon, and i'm getting stuck into those rays for ya. talk soon.

cuzza

revs57
21-09-2007, 04:32 PM
All the best to ya Kev, get well soon

Rhys

Dirtysanchez
21-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks Poodroo for the info, wish him well from all of us by the looks of it.

Any update on how he is now ?

Russ

Dirtysanchez
21-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks Poodroo for the info, wish him well from all of us by the looks of it.

Any update on how he is now ?

Russ

BR65
21-09-2007, 05:29 PM
If your gonna be crook, at least you havent been missing any great weather Kev
look after your self mate
brian

bushbeachboy
21-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Come back soon Kev. I'm not too good at telling people off as eloquently as you.;D But after a lot more coaching from you I hope to be just as worthy.

Get well mate. And thanks for the heads-up Poodroo.

Foxy4
21-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Hope all goes well Kev. Yep you got it right about those poor nurses for sure.

charleville
21-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Hey Kev;

Get well soon, mate! :)

We are missing you! :) You add so much to this site.

Best wishes....

robersl
21-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Hope Every Thing Goes Well I Have Not Met The Man But Enjoy His Input On This Site

Shane

Brejen
21-09-2007, 08:21 PM
All the best Kev get well soon mate .
cheers from Brett (brejen) and Terry (maztez)

Ausfish
21-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Get well soon Kev, hope all goes well.

richieboy
21-09-2007, 09:22 PM
All the best Kingtin. See ya soon buddy.

Richie

captain rednut
21-09-2007, 10:05 PM
get well old mate we miss your input

alfish
21-09-2007, 11:30 PM
thanks for letting us know poodroo

kingtin i hope to read you your wittism's again soon, get well

al

Black_Rat
22-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Get well soon Kev ;)

Damo :)

ColacGirl
22-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Update.....

Hi Ausfishers,

Kev asked me to let you know he has read this thread, and he truly appreciates your thoughtful messages :)

An angiogram revealed heart problems, and Kev will be having a quadruple bypass on Tuesday.

--
Bev

Raesen
22-09-2007, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the feed back Bev.
Kev as all others have said before me I hope all goes to plans and you are back on deck on the SS Ausfish soon.
Cheers mate, speedy recovery and take care.
Pete

el_carpo
22-09-2007, 03:56 AM
Get well soon Kingtin!:balloon:

Mr__Bean
22-09-2007, 04:52 AM
Good luck with it all Kev.

No doubt you will feel like crap for a while, but come back much better for it....

- Darren

PinHead
22-09-2007, 04:59 AM
another to join the zipper club...all the best Kev.

whynott
22-09-2007, 05:26 AM
Get well soon.
As so many have said already, your postings are missed.
Look forward to seeing them again soon on this site.
Graham.

Whitto
22-09-2007, 06:05 AM
Think about your best day fishing Kev before they put you under and you will be OK, Im sure a few blokes on here owe you one, so don't be afraid to call in a few favours if you need any help when you get home. Will have to speak to Steve too see if we can have a Zipper Club section where we can sit around and compare photograph of our Scars and Medication (Dear Oh Dear the mind boggles), catch up with you when you get online, Cheers Whitto

Chimo
22-09-2007, 06:29 AM
Kev

All the best and my wish is a speedy recovery for you.

Cheers
Chimo

Poodroo
22-09-2007, 06:56 AM
My thoughts are with you Kev at this time. One consolation is that technology in performing such operations have made them a relatively uncomplicated procedure and success rates and recovery times are much better. Kev you will feel a million dollars in no time and we all will look forward to your contributions in the very near future. Thanks also to Bev for the update.

Regards,

Poodroo

Freeeedom
22-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Good Luck Kev - a mate of mine came back a new man after the same procedure. Looking forward to the return of your humour and your common sense contributions to the site
Cheers Freeeedom

Ausfish
22-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the update.

Kev, after going through it myself a few months ago I can assure you you have an upper hand with having your wife in that area of work. I believe I had a major advantage with the pre & post care, knowledge and nagging, I mean pushing in the right direction :) , with having Eileen working in ICU for 20 years. She also works at the same hospital I had the op, as I assume will be the case with you and your wife.

If you want to have a chat about it, before or after, with someone that has been through it please feel free to contact me.

Blaster Bretty
22-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Hope your back to your best very quickly kingtin, Never like to hear of anyones ill health even if they are a mate or not... Get well soon Kev

Bretty

Sea-Dog
22-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Kev,

May your surgeon be skillful and his hands steady.

We look forward to hearing your tales of hospital life.

Solidarity.

Sea-Dog

Mr__Bean
22-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Oh yeah, and remember to tuck your arse in of a night.

Those hospital gowns can be a shocker....

- Darren

seabug
22-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Best wishes for Tuesday Kev

Regards
seabug

slyman
22-09-2007, 08:07 PM
All the best for tuesday mate, hope to have you back here and posting soon eh!

simon

Reel Nauti
22-09-2007, 09:33 PM
The very best to you and Bridgette Kev. You will be in our thoughts and our prayers.

Cheers mate

Dave and Sue

Silent
22-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Thinking of you and hopes everything goes well...

Psst too many vermin around atm needs you back & clean them up...;D

sleepygreg
23-09-2007, 01:50 AM
Good luck with the op Kev. Its a relatively safe procedure these days. You should be back on line about 5 - 7 days after the op.........thats how long it took me.......and you will feel heaps better after a month or two........just dont try and overdo it. Welcome to the zipper club. Youve got plenty of mates here feeding you their thoughts.

Greg

joeT
23-09-2007, 01:56 AM
All the best Kev. Look forward to reading your posts again soon!

Chris Ryan
23-09-2007, 07:27 AM
Hope you get well soon Kev. Miss your insight, knowledge and sense of humour here mate.

Cheers,
Chris

Wyoming
24-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi Kev - long time no speaky (I've been away again). Sorry to hear of your condition but awful glad they found it. I wish you well and look forward to a speedy recovery.

Neil

ColacGirl
24-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Update #2

Kev's surgery has been canceled for Tuesday. A new date has not been set at this time. I will keep you updated.

--
Bev

Big_Ren
24-09-2007, 11:20 AM
My thoughts are with you Kev. Hope they get you in quick so that your recovery can start quick smart. Looking forward to your return mate.

All the best
Paul

iank
24-09-2007, 03:49 PM
All the best Kingtin and see you back on line soon.
Cheers Ian

Ausfish
24-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Update #2

Kev's surgery has been canceled for Tuesday. A new date has not been set at this time. I will keep you updated.

--
Bev

Bummer. I can only imagine how he must feel, the waiting must be very frustrating and would make you very anxious . I was lucky, found out Saturday and operated on Tuesday, would not have liked to wait around any longer.

Hope they set a date soon.

FNQCairns
24-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Amazing what they can do today, all the best for a speedy and a better than the Kev of old recovery.

cheers fnq

dogsbody
24-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Here's to you getting up and about soon Kev. Won't it be a ripper you'll walk out with a new zipper.

Dave.

gawby
24-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Kev,

Just got home and read this and nearly fell of my chair.

Being a memeber of the zipper club myself i know you will be feeling anxious and not knowing which way to turn.

Mate the operation is a breese and you will be back on your feet before you know it.

I am sure you will be in good hands with your on the spot nurse, Bridgette.

Kev, i wish you all the best with the op and i am sure that Gods love will shine on you both.

Kindess regards

Graeme and joanne

shin25
25-09-2007, 12:39 PM
all the best for the op and a speedy recovery kev
cant wait to see ya back on here soon

Regards Shane

blaze
25-09-2007, 05:58 PM
been checking this out from when I first seen it posted, was a shock. What do you say to someone that is about to undergo surgury of this type.
Well Kev if you do happen to read this my thoughts sre with you and your family and after all the good karma you have given freely and with love over the years there is bound to be a bloody massive amount of good karma coming your way
will try and catch up when in brissie
cheers
blaze

kingtin
25-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Thanks everyone for your wonderful messages of concern and support. Far too many for me to answer individually but I can assure you that they're all noted and appreciated.

As Bev (Colac Girl), has told you, the op was scheduled due to a cancellation of someone else's, but that spot has now been nicked off me for someone who is in greater need. In a way, that is reassuring, if not, somewhat frustrating, as it shows that my case is of lesser importance. It is also frustrating in that it fitted in nicely with the kids school holidays and the fact that the deckie had taken leave for us to go camping down our beloved Pin, which I am now not allowed to do. Now she will have to use up more leave later, but on the bright side, it will be at a time when her bloody nagging will go un-noticed due to my sedation. :-)

I don't know when it will be re-scheduled for, but I can't just sit around hoping that events and certain"people" on, or from the "net", won't stress me out, so here I am...........you're stuck with me for the time being :-)

The heart is healthy but I have 4 blockages in the arteries which will be by-passed. As some may know, I have suffered some while now from anxiety and panic attacks due to trauma.........that is why the chest pains were disregarded (by me) as something that I thought I just had to live with.

Anyways, the deckie gave me a hard time and last Thursday dragged me off to the hospital where an angio was scheduled for Friday. Within a couple of hours I had the news that they would crack my chest on tuesday. All happened a bit too fast for me and fair gave me the shits! :-)

Anyways, what I'd like to say is this. If you, or anyone you know is having chest pain, don't bugger about. If you do have narrowing of the arteries, then your heart is having to work overtime to pump the blood and you are at risk of heart failure. Get the arteries sorted sooner, rather than later and you spare your heart. Don't try and be a tough nut and pretend that it isn't happening. Enough of me lecturing. :-)

Thanks once again for all your kind messages of support, it has warmed my heart and my blood is now running a bit faster ;-)

Thanks

kev.............and for those who missed 'em :-)

Top Tips:

If you receive e-mails from those "bored housewife looking for some action". Send the young lady your ironing. That should keep her quiet for a while.

Tangles
25-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Good to hear from you kev and good advice there, im at the age i should get a checkup, good luck with it

cheers
Mike

mod5
25-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Welcome back.

Tassie JR
25-09-2007, 06:47 PM
hey kev nice to see your back lets hope that those doctors get ya fixed up nice and quick so you can get back fishing.

cheers tassie JR

(also keep those top tips coming)

kingtin
25-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Mate the operation is a breese and you will be back on your feet before you know it.

Graeme and joanne

Mate, it ain't the operation that's worrying me. After having the prostate done it's the thought of having another catheter inserted.................why do I always get the ugliest bloody nurses with the roughest hands? ;-)

Could be worse I suppose.............If I got a pretty blonde nurse I could embarrass myself :-)

kev

Top Tip:

HOSPITAL patients. Arrive for your appointment two hours after the assigned arrival time. That way, you will only have to wait an hour for your doctor to see you.

Blaster Bretty
25-09-2007, 07:28 PM
HI kev...good to see you back online, Hope they can fast track the op in a hurry to ease any anxiety you may have, you wernt offline for long but you tips were sorely missed, My fishing has been a bit slow as of late,,, been visiting the same spots with the same bait's and also the same tidal times but the fish wont play, well not play as much as they used to anyway,,, is it just me or is it the time of year.? Still targeting flatties and bream, the tailors seem to have dissapeared but thats normal for spring.....right???

Bretty P.s see your tips were missed...LOL

edleigh7
25-09-2007, 07:53 PM
All the best mate...what a shock:o to us all, get well soon, hey....

Ed

gawby
25-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Kev,

I didn't even know the insertion had taken place:o :o but the removal of it was something else.:P :P A few leakage problems there for a while.:-[ :-[

I am flat out fixing my truck but will give you a tingle soon.8-)

Graeme;)

Lone_Wolf
26-09-2007, 06:40 AM
Mate, it ain't the operation that's worrying me. After having the prostate done it's the thought of having another catheter inserted.................why do I always get the ugliest bloody nurses with the roughest hands? ;-)

Could be worse I suppose.............If I got a pretty blonde nurse I could embarrass myself :-)

kev

... and you don't reckon Bridgette has got nothing to do with you getting the ugly nurses with rough hands??

Take care old mate, best wishes for a speedy recovery! Might see you down the 'Pin.

LW

ColacGirl
26-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi Kev,
Nice to see you posting again :)

.... the deckie had taken leave for us to go camping down our beloved Pin, which I am now not allowed to do.

How about an overnighter? Or just a day trip?

--
Bev

kingtin
26-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Hi Kev,
Nice to see you posting again :)

How about an overnighter? Or just a day trip?

--
Bev

Still don't know what's happening yet Bev. Bridget is going to chase thing up today. The Pin is too far from the Prince Charles, if I get the call, and despite the chest pains, I still haven't been prescribed any medication so I won't be much company I'm afraid. Any exertion has me buggered.

Perhaps she hasn't got the pull she thought she had ;-)

kev

wags on the water
26-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Gday Kev, it's good to see you back online.All the best for the not to distant op.
Take care,

Wags

rando
26-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Gday Kev.
Sorry to hear you are unwell.
I hope the op goes well( when they fit you in) and for your speedy recovery.
All the best
rando

kingtin
26-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks again all those who've wished me well. Just an update and a bit of a story for those who like to read fate into life's peculiar quirks.

You may remember we came by the Whittley via Bridget's dad's (Steve) estate and named it Sole Searching after him, based on his surname being Sole. You may also remember our indecision on whether we should spend such a large sum of money on a boat, having always been skint most of our married life. The members here were partly instrumental in our decision to purchase via their advice and promptings, that you only live once and what the hell! Go out and enjoy yourselves. I now recognise fully what was being said and don't regret for a minute spending the kid's inheritance ;-)

What has this got to do with the price of cabbage you may be asking yourself? :-)

Well I now go into hospital next Tuesday, the op being performed on Wednesday. Next Tuesday is Steve's birthday and when I was first introduced to him by Bridget, he was awaiting a triple by-pass. He got 14 yrs out of that by-pass and he was 26 yrs older than me when he had it done. At his autopsy they found the grafts to still be in perfect condition as it was the asbestos that finally got him (gunnery officer the blast masks and bulk heads had asbestos in them).

Some of us may believe in omens and some may not, but what I'd like to say is that we all need to put our trust in something. To those of you here who are already in the zipper club, and those that have dealt with cancer and other diseases, I now know what you may all have been going through and your messages both here and via pm have been a great support to me...........it's a bloody shock when you suddenly are made to realise that you are mortal and for some reason known only to your Gods, that you are being given a 2nd chance, when better men than you never got that option.

I make no bones about it, as I am a truthful man, if nothing else, but I have to admit that I have been shitting myself. The thought of not seeing my kids grow makes you suddenly see things a lot more clearly. It's not so much death or incapacity as it is departing those you love.

Here at Ausfish, we have seen births, marriages, illness and death. Celebrated together and consoled together. We have had our trials and tribulations but overall, this is one of the most friendliest, warm, caring communities, that I have ever experienced. We are not a charity or a Salvos Hall, but bloody hell! we come pretty close sometimes. :-)

Thanks to all of you, and should the time ever come when any of you need support, I only hope you get even a fraction of what I have experienced here.

Live each day as if it's your last, love as if it's your first love, care as if caring is all you know.

Cheers

kev

mod5
26-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks again all those who've wished me well. Just an update and a bit of a story for those who like to read fate into life's peculiar quirks.

You may remember we came by the Whittley via Bridget's dad's (Steve) estate and named it Sole Searching after him, based on his surname being Sole. You may also remember our indecision on whether we should spend such a large sum of money on a boat, having always been skint most of our married life. The members here were partly instrumental in our decision to purchase via their advice and promptings, that you only live once and what the hell! Go out and enjoy yourselves. I now recognise fully what was being said and don't regret for a minute spending the kid's inheritance ;-)

What has this got to do with the price of cabbage you may be asking yourself? :-)

Well I now go into hospital next Tuesday, the op being performed on Wednesday. Next Tuesday is Steve's birthday and when I was first introduced to him by Bridget, he was awaiting a triple by-pass. He got 14 yrs out of that by-pass and he was 26 yrs older than me when he had it done. At his autopsy they found the grafts to still be in perfect condition as it was the asbestos that finally got him (gunnery officer the blast masks and bulk heads had asbestos in them).

Some of us may believe in omens and some may not, but what I'd like to say is that we all need to put our trust in something. To those of you here who are already in the zipper club, and those that have dealt with cancer and other diseases, I now know what you may all have been going through and your messages both here and via pm have been a great support to me...........it's a bloody shock when you suddenly are made to realise that you are mortal and for some reason known only to your Gods, that you are being given a 2nd chance, when better men than you never got that option.

I make no bones about it, as I am a truthful man, if nothing else, but I have to admit that I have been shitting myself. The thought of not seeing my kids grow makes you suddenly see things a lot more clearly. It's not so much death or incapacity as it is departing those you love.

Here at Ausfish, we have seen births, marriages, illness and death. Celebrated together and consoled together. We have had our trials and tribulations but overall, this is one of the most friendliest, warm, caring communities, that I have ever experienced. We are not a charity or a Salvos Hall, but bloody hell! we come pretty close sometimes. :-)

Thanks to all of you, and should the time ever come when any of you need support, I only hope you get even a fraction of what I have experienced here.

Live each day as if it's your last, love as if it's your first love, care as if caring is all you know.

Cheers

kev

So true Kev, so true. Hope it all goes well

gawby
26-09-2007, 07:05 PM
I will be thinking of you on wednesday Kev, all the best and don't worry you don't feel thing, you will be asleep.

Graeme

BigE
26-09-2007, 07:14 PM
praying for ya kev ...... get well soon.

Poodroo
26-09-2007, 07:15 PM

Cheers

kev

Kev that is as well put as it can get. Our mortality sometimes makes us realize that we should be showing more consideration to our loved ones and to those we care about. I will be thinking of you next Wednesday and will try catching up with you if you are up to having a visitor. You will be in the best hands I am sure and I'd personally like to wish you all the best with the operation. Please pass on my regards to Bridget and the kids. Chat soon,

Poodroo

Great White
26-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Here is to a speedy recovery Kev, get Mrs kingtin to put for sale on the boat that will ensure a speedy recovery mate ;) ;D :P

All the best and if you need a hand with anything give us a call, will be only to happy to help. (serious)

PSS if you need someone to look after you snapper spots I will be only too happy ::) :o :-X (not so serious)

nonibbles
27-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Best wishes Kingtin. I only know of you through Ausfish and you are a very special member of this community. Keep the chin up fella.

ColacGirl
28-09-2007, 06:35 AM
Have a good weekend Kev, try not to stress too much.
Sorry you can't be at the PIn with us.

--
Bev & Ross

blaze
28-09-2007, 07:33 AM
ya just tormenting him Bev
cheers
blaze

Polly
28-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Good Luck Kingtin,

Joined the Zipperclub last June and was one of the best things that ever happened to me. Finally gave up the coffin nails (Surgeon scared the crap out of me).

While lying in hospital I made up my mind to go back to fishing. Had given it away years ago.

Ended up buying a second hand boat, bought a ton of rods & reels and the cook is now the permanent deckie. Lifes ambition now is to buy a brand new boat.

Seems things do happen for a reason and now having the time of my life.

See if you can get your Doc to write out a rehab plan consisting of fishing 3 times a day.

regards
Polly

Mattg68
28-09-2007, 01:49 PM
well said Kev.

cool runnings through it all, see you back on deck soon. (they need swabbing you scurvy dog)

Matt

reidy
28-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Good luck cobber hope all works out well
Cheers
Reidy (tassy)

Reel Nauti
28-09-2007, 09:59 PM
:) Hey Kingtin, Our thoughts and love and a great big cuddle are with you and your lovely wife and of course your children. I think you have our number and we live nearby so if there is anything we can do for you at all please just give us a call. Tell Bridget I make a great cup of tea.

We are holding your hand.

Love Suzi & Dave

ashh
29-09-2007, 12:16 AM
good luck mate and heres to a speedy recovery so you can be out enjoying yourself and chasing the fish again.

BilgeBoy
29-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi Big Kev

Sorry to hear you are unwell mate, all the best and our thoughts are with you.

Regards
BilgeBoy

ColacGirl
01-10-2007, 02:17 PM
ya just tormenting him Bev
cheers

No tormenting about it blaze, I truly was sorry Kev couldn't be there.
Without Kev, I had to help set up the crab pots and put them in, and go back out to check them.... and Ross was cheesed off when I wouldn't go mud walking ::)

The mud crabs stayed in hiding waiting for Kev's return. :(
We did get some sandies the first night when the pots were out the front waiting for the tide to be right for the X spots, and again last night when they were brought back for easy fetching this morning.

Hurry up and get this op and recuperation over and done with Kev.... I need a feed of muddies mate ;)

Oh, and we had a visit from George (manchild) and his two lovely children yesterday. :)

--
Bev - tired and sunburnt!

BrandonH
01-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Kev I hope all goes well with your operation mate, I have been slack of late, haven't been on ausfish much at all. Been tied up with buying a house and playing an online game:-X lol.

Still fishing, and will be keen to catch up with you again once your patched up;)

Cheers
Brandon...

Poodroo
01-10-2007, 06:47 PM
No tormenting about it blaze, I truly was sorry Kev couldn't be there.
Without Kev, I had to help set up the crab pots and put them in, and go back out to check them.... and Ross was cheesed off when I wouldn't go mud walking ::)

The mud crabs stayed in hiding waiting for Kev's return. :(
We did get some sandies the first night when the pots were out the front waiting for the tide to be right for the X spots, and again last night when they were brought back for easy fetching this morning.

Hurry up and get this op and recuperation over and done with Kev.... I need a feed of muddies mate ;)

Oh, and we had a visit from George (manchild) and his two lovely children yesterday. :)

--
Bev - tired and sunburnt!

Kev would probably figure out a way of catching shovel nosed sharks and stingrays in a crab pot. :-X:P
Kev I will be thinking about you this week. Best of luck with the op and I hope to catch up with you real soon mate. Chin up!

Poodroo

kingtin
02-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Righto I'm off to get me body shaved ;D

Just had a hearty lunch of bacon eggs and mushrooms as the bacon will be off the menu for a while to come.

Once again, thanks to you all for your fond wishes, I'm only sorry that I couldn't answer them all individually as I really haven't been up to it.

My little feller, kingcobe and Bev (Colac Girl) will likely let you know how it's going.

Strange how boating and fishing becomes a priority .................I've just had me ear bent by the deckie as my last act of "getting things in order" was to empty 25l litres of 2 stroke from the tinny into her Paj ;D........it's already 3 months old and will likely be 6 before I get to use it again :'(

There's 210 litres sitting in the Whittley so Bev, you better tell Ross to bring some jerry cans with him when you next come up for a visit :P

Once again, thanks to you all. Seeya soon

kev

Top Tip: Save a fortune on laundry bills. Give your dirty shirts to Lifeline. Theywill wash and iron them and you can buy them back for fifty cents.

Little grey men
02-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Apparently the hospital told Kev that it wasn't necessary for him to shave his body, but he insisted on it;D

rando
03-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi Kev
Sent you good vibes for the operation yesterday. By now I expect you are planning a fishing trip.
All The best
rando

ColacGirl
03-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Hi rando,
Kev was admitted yesterday ready for the surgery to be done today.
Bridget rang this morning to say it would likely be afternoon.
Still waiting for the call to say he is in ICU.

--
Bev

kingcobe
03-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Hi everybody,

Dad (Kingtin) had his heart bypass operation this afternoon. The surgery was successful, and a total of 4 bypasses so surgeon said, and he is now in ICU. The surgeon can't believe that dad hasn't already had a heart attack previously. Hopefully when we visit him tomorrow he will be awake and fit to talk.

My brother, mum and I thank you all
for your concern and support.

Josh

disorderly
03-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Great to hear josh.You guys are obviously very relieved to have it over with and a positive outcome.Hope he heals up quick and can take you out fishing soon ,mate.
All the best.

Scott

ColacGirl
03-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks for posting Josh, and thanks to your mum for the phone call. :thumbsup:
I'll ring tomorrow after you have visited your dad.

--
Bev

Poodroo
03-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Josh that is a relief that it all went well. Please pass on my best regards to your dad and wish him well for me. Please stay in touch.

Regards,

Poodroo

kingcobe
03-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Great to hear josh.You guys are obviously very relieved to have it over with and a positive outcome.Hope he heals up quick and can take you out fishing soon ,mate.
All the best.

Scott

Well he won't be healing very quickly he can't even lift shopping for 6 weeks so the deckie better get her act together;D.

Josh

disorderly
03-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Well he won't be healing very quickly he can't even lift shopping for 6 weeks so the deckie better get her act together;D.

Josh

lol Josh and I'm sure he'll milk it for all it's worth.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif
I know i wouldhttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/wink.gif

Scott

ColacGirl
03-10-2007, 10:44 PM

You better hope the deckie doesn't read this ;)

--
Bev

rando
04-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Get well soon Kev
Dont hesitate to stick your hand up if you need any help!!!
rando

ColacGirl
04-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Update.....

Bridget & the boys have visited Kev today. He is progressing as expected, and has been moved from ICU to a High Dependency room on the ward.

--
Bev

manchild
04-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Exellent news.Dont rush things now just take your time .As Rando said yell out if you need a hand with anything.
cheers
George

kingcobe
05-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi all,

Just been up to see dad in hospital. He's feeling very sorry for himself this morning with tubes coming out of every opening in his body;D. He must be hallucinating a bit cause he's seeing Christmas lightshttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_46.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_32v.gif. But mum says all is going well.

Now that the doctors have shaved all his hair off, his arms and legs are as hairless as a chimpanzee's backside.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/F/1/437p.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_8_213.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_54.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_53.gif

Josh

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_5.gif

Whitto
05-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Sounds like Dad is right on track Josh, I reckon you will have him home in 3 or 4 days, Hairless as a Chimpanzee's backside a, well when he reads that it should put a smile on his face, Thanks for the reports, Cheers Whitto:D

kingcobe
05-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Sounds like Dad is right on track Josh, I reckon you will have him home in 3 or 4 days, Hairless as a Chimpanzee's backside a, well when he reads that it should put a smile on his face, Thanks for the reports, Cheers Whitto:D

He should be home by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Josh

Poodroo
05-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Josh thanks for keeping us updated. You are getting pretty good value out of his dilemma though huh?;D:P He may experience the pain now but in the not too distant future he is going to feel like a new man and be telling you to get off the computer and do your homework in no time. :P

Cheers,

Poodroo

kingcobe
05-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Josh thanks for keeping us updated. You are getting pretty good value out of his dilemma though huh?;D:P He may experience the pain now but in the not too distant future he is going to feel like a new man and be telling you to get off the computer and do your homework in no time. :P

Cheers,

Poodroo

He won't need to tell me, as soon as I hit grade 8 next year I will have to learn to do it without being told considering how much homework we get at our school.

Josh

ColacGirl
05-10-2007, 08:34 PM
He won't need to tell me, as soon as I hit grade 8 next year I will have to learn to do it without being told considering how much homework we get at our school.

Good to see you're planning to hit the books next year :smash:

I rang the ward and spoke to your Dad earlier, he sounded pretty good considering what he's been through :)

I told him you've made some lovely posts on Ausfish.... you owe me big time kiddo ;)

Oh, tell your mum.... your dad coughed up whatever it was they've been waiting for all day, while I was on the phone ::)

--
Bev

tunaticer
05-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Glad to hear you came through the op well Kev. My dad went through the same as you last year and had a similar result. Now he has got things working well again he has all his ambitions within reach once more. I suspect your situation will be very similar indeed.

Maybe there should be a few deck chairs fitted permanently down at Deepwater Bend Reserve under one of the gazebos for the Kingtin Recouperation Group??

Seriously tho Kev, Enjoy every second you can from now on. The sooner you catch a few bream down at the bend for dinner the better.

Jack.

bay_firey
06-10-2007, 06:56 AM
Well that is all good news
Get well soon Kev

dogsbody
06-10-2007, 07:22 AM
Glad all went well. Put ya feet up and dream of the fish that await.

4 Successful bypasses holy crap maybe we should get that surgeon to do something about the Gateway airport roundabout.

Dave.

ColacGirl
07-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Update on Kev.....

I rang and spoke with Kev again today. He sounded much better than he had on Friday evening :)

He only whinged once, and that was about hospital food which is pretty normal, so maybe the surgeon removed the pommie whinge valve too ;)

At this stage Tuesday is a possible release date.

--
Bev

wags on the water
07-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Big thanks to Bev and Josh for keeping us updated on our fishing mate. :thumbsup:

kingcobe
07-10-2007, 09:36 PM
On top of everything that is happening with my dad, my worst nightmare has come true. The Wallabies were beaten by England again in the rugby world cup.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_4.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_14_6.gif

Josh

Poodroo
08-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Hey there Josh. Just wondering how your dad is going with his recovery? He must be getting out of hospital soon huh? The vermin in our waterways are breeding prolifically and we need Kingtin out there to keep them under control. ::):P
Wish him all the best from me please.

Poodroo

kingcobe
08-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Hi all,

Dad is recovering well. The doctors and nurse's say he should be able to come home either tomorrow or Wednesday, depending on how he feels during the night and in the morning. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_21.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_33.gif

ColacGirl
09-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Kev is sounding very chipper this morning.
He told me he is going home today…. mind you, he is the only one to authorize this so far! The doctors and nurses may have other plans ;-)

--
Bev

ColacGirl
09-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Kev got his wish.... he'll be home sometime today :-)

--
Bev

Raesen
09-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Kev and family

Im glad all is going to plan for all of you. I suppose now the big effort really starts now for the family !!! Looking after him personnally at home!!!!. Only kidding.

Hope everything keeps heading in the right direction for a speedy recovery and as others have said before you only have to ask if there is anything that can be done to make it easier for the Kingtin clan.

Cheers
Pete

kingcobe
09-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Woo Hoo dads home but is already asleep. Colac Girl (Bev) is on her way up hopefully dad will be awake by then.

As Bev said earlier in this thread, she thinks the surgeons also took out the whinging valve that most pommies have. We will soon find out if Bev is right once mum starts cooking.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_219.gif

Josh

blaze
09-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Hi Josh
You might want to Pm Mr Ausfish and get him to delete some of you posts, you may get in strife as he gets better. Just Kidding you, I think he will be proud of you. Good to see him home and on the mend and hope he's up to seeing a mad tasmanian soon
cheers
blaze

Chris Ryan
09-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Great Stuff Josh. Pass my best to him for me will ya..............and best of luck with ya Mums cooking!!!! :)

Cheers,
Chris

kingcobe
09-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Hi Josh
You might want to Pm Mr Ausfish and get him to delete some of you posts, you may get in strife as he gets better. Just Kidding you, I think he will be proud of you. Good to see him home and on the mend and hope he's up to seeing a mad tasmanian soon
cheers
blaze

Dad says if he survives mum's cooking and is fit enough we might come.

Josh

Poodroo
09-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Great stuff Josh. Thanks heaps for keeping us updated. The worst is behind him and he now has his health and most importantly his life ahead of him. He will now appreciate the finer things in life more than he used to (in theory) including all the jokes at his expense. Great to have you back Kev.

Cheers,

Poodroo

ColacGirl
10-10-2007, 06:53 AM
It was worth crawling through peak hour traffic (and watching the small hail bounce off the car :o) just to see our mate and his family :)

Keep us informed on the whinge valve Josh ;)

--
Bev

kingcobe
11-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Dad is home and is getting better but is still not up to posting.

Josh

Chris Ryan
11-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks Josh. No rush mate - we are more interested in him recovering well and being healthy than begging him to come back online. We are more patient that he gives us credit for I reckon! ;)

Cya

Ausfish
11-10-2007, 07:58 PM
The main thing now is to keep everyone away and recover.

People mean well and it is hard to explain to them but at this stage you just want to be left alone and be with family. Well, I know I did. Maybe Kev is different.

Hope you are getting through it ok. Just remember that each day is 100% better than the previous one.

Don't be like me and walk in the door and sit in front of the computer and start doing work. It just isn't worth knocking yourself around. Slows the recovery down too much.

kingcobe
12-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Thank you every one for your support.

Josh

Poodroo
12-10-2007, 09:12 PM
So glad that Kev is on the mend. Closer to home I am now in a position to have to worry about a loved one. My wife has had a few pretty severe palpitations and what has been described as minor heart attacks of late and after extensive tests the problem has been identified as being a fault in one of the heart chambers. Her heart has become almost useless as a pump and the blood and oxygen aren't traveling as well as they should be. She has been booked in to have heart surgery on the 31st of this month so I am going to be remaining pretty quiet on Ausfish until I know all is well again.

Regards,

Poodroo

The BeaR
12-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Hi Poodroo...

Sorry to hear about your Wife. Hope all goes well for the 31st.

Eric&Deb...

kingcobe
12-10-2007, 10:58 PM
So glad that Kev is on the mend. Closer to home I am now in a position to have to worry about a loved one. My wife has had a few pretty severe palpitations and what has been described as minor heart attacks of late and after extensive tests the problem has been identified as being a fault in one of the heart chambers. Her heart has become almost useless as a pump and the blood and oxygen aren't traveling as well as they should be. She has been booked in to have heart surgery on the 31st of this month so I am going to be remaining pretty quiet on Ausfish until I know all is well again.

Regards,

Poodroo

Hope all goes well and she has a smooth and quick recovery.

I wish you and your wife all the best.

Josh

dogsbody
13-10-2007, 06:50 AM
Hope all goes well Andrew as I'm sure it will.

Dave.

kingtin
14-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Sorry I haven't responded sooner but my powers of concentration have been shit.

I am having trouble sleeping and have a partially collapsed lung, but I have been told that this will correct itself soon.

Thanks to my little feller and Bev for keeping you up to speed and once again, thanks to you all for your kind words. My apologies if I haven't responded directly but I'm sure that you know that your words have been a comfort and an encouragement to me.

Hope you are back on track now Steve and your words of warning about doing too much have certainly rung true.

Sorry to hear about your wife Andrew and my family's thoughts are with you. PM the deckie if there are any technicalities that you are unclear about as this is her field of expertise as her nagging constantly reminds me. ::)

One thought before I go and thanks to Webby for his report that prompts this:............

Life really is too short, and we rarely are given more than one chance to enjoy our brief stay on this planet. If we waste our time in spiteful detraction of others achievements, then is life really worth living, and do you really have a life at all?

Before the detractors of the catchers stick their miserable little pinkies onto the keyboard, they really should think on that. This is a fishing site where the vast majority fish for a feed. If you have nothing nice to say, then why open your mouths at all? I'm all for genuinely voiced concerns about "overkill" and have in the past agreed with many voiced concerns, but some of the comments regarding legal catches of late, have been downright childish and churlish. Grow up, get a life, and think seriously as to whether your life would better served in appreciating you fellow man as opposed to depreciating your fellow man.

Let's get the reports sections of this wonderful site back to what it once was and let's not let the knockers win their petty. vindictive arguments.

It's nice to be back ;D

kev

cqfreshie
14-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Good to see you're back Kingtin. Look after that new plumbin' now, and enjoy your family and fishn'.

I hope all goes well for your wife and yourself Poodroo.

Good health and family .... without these .... nothing else matters.

Cheers

Poodroo
14-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Great to see you well enough to be up and posting again Kev. Thanks for the well wishes for my wife too. What she is having done is nothing like a quadruple bi-pass operation but any heart operation to me is just something that is a little bit in the higher risk category. Give me good old knee surgery any day.

Poodroo

Reel Nauti
14-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Good to see you up and about again Kev. I'll take Steve's advice and let you regain a bit more strength before I drop around.

Poodroo, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as well mate.

Will be good to meet you two gentlemen soon.

Cheers

Dave

Tassie JR
14-10-2007, 07:47 PM
From good news to bad news bad news:o , good news kev hope your back on the water soon;D . sorry to hear about your wife Poodroo hope all goes well for your wife and family:( .

cheers Dan

Poodroo
15-10-2007, 05:26 AM
Good to see you up and about again Kev. I'll take Steve's advice and let you regain a bit more strength before I drop around.

Poodroo, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as well mate.

Will be good to meet you two gentlemen soon.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave. Hard to explain just what goes on in the head when you are put in the position where it is your loved one that needs to undergo a delicate operation. You know the surgeons are good at what they do but no matter how good they are they cannot prevent the high risks involved in such an operation hence the worry. I too am hoping and praying that things go well

From good news to bad news bad news:o , good news kev hope your back on the water soon;D . sorry to hear about your wife Poodroo hope all goes well for your wife and family:( .

cheers Dan

Thanks Dan. We appreciate those thoughts immensely.

Poodroo

B_E_N
15-10-2007, 02:02 PM
good to see your back kev, hope your recovery is nice an easy.

andrew, my well wishes go out to you and your wife.
our family is also going thru something similiar as my grandmother was checked in on friday with possible heart attacks, so i hope all goes well with your family.

el_carpo
15-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Great to hear from you Kevin. Very glad to hear your recovery is going well.

Poodroo and B_E_N, sorry to hear you're going through tough times too. It's the same deal with me (some family members in rough shape). Illness stinks! Hang in there guys. Even the worst storms eventually clear. We'll get through it.

EC