PDA

View Full Version : Tinnie - Under floor maintenance.

Twisted_Pair
19-09-2007, 08:51 PM
A month ago I bought a used (2003) Quintrex FreedomSport 560 with Mariner 115hp EFI 4 stroke. My 4th boat. Been out twice to pin/broadwater, anyway this arvo I thought I’d pull up the floor (boards & foam) to check for anything that may have found its way under from the previous owner. I found a no.3 ball sinker, 2 stubbie twist tops, 3 s/s washers, 1 very corroded steel nut, a glass fuse, 2 s/s screws, pvc hose connector & cable ties etc etc, all sitting nicely along the keel:-[ . Also 4 out of the 8 rivets that hold the fuel tank down were sheared. Good news was no damage has been done to the hull & also all welds look good. Couple of rivets later & after a good wash out, all’s good. I’ll put it all back together tomorrow & be set to go this Sunday;D .

Boy I’m glad I looked! So if you haven’t looked lately I reckon you should, for piece of mind.

Hope that’s Ok for my first post?

chop69
17-07-2008, 07:12 PM
did same thing a month ago. found 2 sinkers, 3 hooks, 1 cigarette lighter & a partridge in a pear tree. but, seriously, great advice and something all boaties need to be aware of.

Blackened
17-07-2008, 07:16 PM
G'day

I found a pillie I lost about 4 trips ago...... even had the floor lifted between then and now but couldn't find it.

Just the usual leaves and mangrove sticks.

Dave

whatscracken
17-07-2008, 07:34 PM
I make the effort to pull the floor up in my 4.2m tinnie every couple of months to give it a decent flush out with the gurney.

No matter how careful I think I've been in not letting too much crap get under the floor there is always a sinker or two amonst other things

Chris

black runner
17-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Found a 1/4" drill bit in the bottom of mine. Nicely corroded but only iron oxide colour on the paint. No corrosion on the alloy.

Cheers