PDA

View Full Version : s/h Stacer 525 EASY RIDER or new bluefin

datamile
19-09-2007, 11:35 AM
There appears to be a few second hand 2005 Stacer 525 EASY RIDER going around at the moment in the 28-30K range. Some with 115HP DI EVINRUDE , some with Mercury 90HP 2st. Should I be looking at them, or just wait 10 weeks for a new bluefin ?

nedy
19-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi Datamile
Just went down the same road as you are going now.:o

I thought the Blue Fin was the ants- pants,then I went to the Sydney boat show.

Then I went for a ride in a TABS Boat

The result I placed a order for a Tabs 4,65 m ( 4.95overall ) Territory Pro side console

With a 75 Mercury Optimax Drive away $ 28000.00 aprox

Mate dont take my word on it go and have a look at them.::)

Good Luck Twisty

datamile
19-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks, Had a tour round the bayside yards today, and still just as confused. Saw some allycraft as well. Does the hull shape really make the difference in Money ? Should I pick a s/h allycraft over a stacer if they were identical ?

New blue fin (MR T) looks around the same price at a allycraft (Wynum) at about 32K. Anyone any ideas on tweed marine, not answering emails, so I guess I going to have to ring as their package prices say April 07.

topend
19-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks, Had a tour round the bayside yards today, and still just as confused. Saw some allycraft as well. Does the hull shape really make the difference in Money ? Should I pick a s/h allycraft over a stacer if they were identical ?

New blue fin (MR T) looks around the same price at a allycraft (Wynum) at about 32K. Anyone any ideas on tweed marine, not answering emails, so I guess I going to have to ring as their package prices say April 07.

I have sent a few E-mails to Tweed also - no reply. Bet those prices are wrong
I also contacted Whitsunday Marine - got the old, sold those 2 boats yesterday and the new price is $2000 more.

Marlin_Mike
20-09-2007, 05:53 AM
Datamile, brother in law I have bought between us 3 boats and a motor over the years from Wynnum Marine. My latest from them is a 5.1mt Allycraft ccentre console.

They dont just take your money, they actually have back up service and honour their warranties. Never a problem.

Mike

secret relations
20-09-2007, 01:35 PM
I purchased a 4.85 plate seajay wanderer about 2 months ago from Ron Glass Marine in Bundaberg. My family has purchased atleast 20 boats from them since i have been around (30 years) so they really look after us. (apart from the price, mine was hand delivered by the owner to me on the Sunhsine Coast from Bundaberg)

My boat cost me about $33K, it has a 4 stroke 80hp Yammy, and has everything you could possibly think of (ski pole with bait board, live bait tank, bimini, sounder, gps, radio, full upholstery etc).

It has 3mm sides (instead of 2) and 4mm bottom (instead of 3).

Obviously i would recommend it becuase i own it, but a few different people have driven it and were really impressed with the comfort of the ride and how steady it is in the water when stopped, and also how roomy it is inside.

If your budget doesn't extend to $33k, you could option down a few things of not absolute importance to get the price down.

Seahorse
20-09-2007, 07:45 PM
i bought 489 stacer 12months ago and love it. iam real fusst and the finish is great.
i got fantastic service from nitro marine on the gold coast. see steve

Coast Runner 540
20-09-2007, 08:19 PM
i bought 489 stacer 12months ago and love it. iam real fusst and the finish is great.
i got fantastic service from nitro marine on the gold coast. see steve

I'll back you up on Nitro Marine. I didn't by my boat from them but their service department are absolutely first class, good customer service.

Johno

bluefin59
20-09-2007, 09:01 PM
It sounds like your convinced the stacer is the go ,they are a great boat as is the tabs but dont get to caught up in the hype at the end of the day it is going to be e recreational boat give the fin a good going over i find mine to be strong and up to crap morton bay weather ,see if you can organise a run in the ones that interest you I.M.O matt

datamile
20-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Going to be just as confused over engine brands if I ever get round to picking a boat. 90hp.. but Elpto , Optimax , suzuki, mercury , evinrude di... let alone the 2/4 thing

AnthonyL
21-09-2007, 02:14 PM
I would def go for a new boat over second hand if they are similar prices. Also go with a dealer you are comfy with.

We bought ours from Mr T's and he has given us great after sales service and always been available for our phonecalls asking what must be stupid questions lol.

Check the finishes on the boats too, we had a look at the stacer first also and I believe the sides were higher on the bluefin which is great on a choppy day. Also the bimini on the bluefin was higher and nicer (we paid a little more and got an extended one).

Ten weeks isnt that long to wait for a new boat, we were told that time too and it was there in just 4 weeks.

Again we paid a bit more and got the optimax and the fuel savings on it have already paid for the extra.

jman2016
21-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Just purchased 519 seamaster with 75 hp 2 stroke merc (not optimax) for $27000 from webbe marine.(new) It does 35 knots with 3 adults and full fuel load. There is of course hull slap but it is reduced from what I used to hear 20 years ago from tinny hulls. Had first ride in polycraft 4.5 metre centre console the other day. Very nice ride however 4 stroke yammy was just as loud as two stroke merc, still had to yell to have conversation!

datamile
21-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks guys, looks like I'm going for a 2005 Stacer 525 EASY RIDER with a 115HP DI EVINRUDE ( 50hrs ) & REDCO TRAILER. Its got a high bimini which is good for me, 126 garmin gps and x51 sounder, bait board, and usual safety gear for around 28K.

Seahorse
21-09-2007, 08:40 PM
definately go for high bimini. i got 6ft on my stacer and can walk under all of it.

datamile
21-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Great..now I see another one

525 Easyrider Sport - Stacer WHAT A RIG! Stacer bow rider 2006 model with a massive 90 hp Honda 4 stroke. All the options, fish finder, bilge pump, front and side clears, live bait tank, front casting platform infill and cushions and more the list goes on. Whether it be for fishing, family, skiing, crabbing, cruising this boat is right for the job NOW $26400.00

Anyone know of
Surf Marine 157-161 Minjungbal Drive Tweed Heads South, They dont appear to have a website

So a 2005 115 DI, against a 2006 90 4st for a grand less

ILikeBlu
22-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Its a Car yard / Boat yard, I had a look at a Red one there a few months back, drove down from the sunny coast. The boat looked fine but the outboard looked a bit rough imo steering arm was rusty and had anti rust paint slapped over it had a fair few scratches as well and he didnt know the hours. The story I got off the salesman was the owner had a bung knee and needed to get one with a transom door and took the Evinrude Etec that was originaly on it with him for his new boat. So they wacked a Honda 90 on it.

cheers

datamile
22-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Thanks. Its the same red one